Status: Completed!

Cold As You.

Oh what a shame, what a rainy ending given to a perfect day.

Luckily the hotel was in walking distance and I managed to get my mind off of Kennedy and on the fact that for once (since about 4 days ago) I had a real bed to sleep in.

"You know, I hate that you like him so much..." Garrett said breaking the silence as we rode in the elevator.

"What? Who?" I asked a bit confused. It wasn't like Garrett to talk about anything real personal and if he was referring to Kennedy I would be surprised.

"Kennedy. He's, I don't know...not your type. You deserve someone who likes you as much as you like him." He said shrugging.

The elevator beeped before the door opened and I gave Garrett's hand a light squeeze, "I know that Garrett. I wish it was that easy to stop feeling what I do, but it's not. It sucks, but it's not possible."

"I know. I just hate him doing this."

"He doesn't even know I like him."

"You should tell him. Maybe he likes you and if he doesn't you can move on." He said as we stopped in front of my door.

"Maybe..."

He grinned and pulled me into a hug, "Sweet dreams, Cass."

"Goodnight."

He kissed my forehead before heading to his room. I knew he was right, but knowing and being able to do it was two different things.

Once inside I showered and changed into pajamas and right as I laid down there was a knock on the door.

Kara must have left her key. Typical. I sighed as I flew to the door and yanked it open only to see Kennedy instead of my blonde friend.

"Wrong room?" I asked and he shook his head no as he stepped inside making me quickly step back.

"I wanna sleep with you." He said brushing past me as he took off his clothing with every fumbled step.

I sighed cursing my luck as I closed the door and watched him fall shirtless onto my bed. It was typical of him to end the night drunk. In fact, I don't think I've seen him sober past 8 pm in a long time. I breathed in deeply before laying beside him and turning the light out.

"Cassie." He mumbled and he threw his arm over my stomach causing nerves to hit immediatel.

"Kennedy." I responded and he pulled me closer to him.

"Why did you leave me?"

"Because I was tired."

"I would have left with you." He said against my shoulder.

I sighed and closed my eyes, "Garrett was ready to go."

"Oh."

I breathed in deeply realizing what I needed to do.

Although, I didn't want to.

I pulled his arm off of me and climbed out of the bed. Which took more will power tha I thought I possessed.

"Where are you going?" He asked sleepily.

"To Garrett's room."

"What? Why?" He asked sitting up quickly.

Drunk Kennedy was different then sober Kennedy.

Drunk Kennedy always by the end of the night wanted to sleep with me and cuddle me and I think that's what kept me around with hope that it would transfer to when he was sober. Although, it has yet to happen. Sober Kennedy is unusually quiet and acts like I'm just a girl on tour with them that he could care less about.

I shrugged and he stared at me in thought, "But, wait. Do you like him? I did see you two holding hands." He said so serious that I had to question his motive.

"What? No. I don't." I finally said crossing my arms in the process.

"You always stay with me..."

"No Kennedy, you always come to me."

He just stared at me sleepily and he sighed before falling back onto my pillow, "Fine. Go." He mumbled.

I hated hurting his feelings but I had to do it. I left him alone in my room and went across the hall to Garrett's. I knocked lightly and he finally opened the door.

"I'm sleeping with you." I said as I walked in and went to his bed.

"Why?"

"Kennedy is in my room."

He sighed and fell beside me, "Want me to get him out?"

"Just let him sleep."

"Ok." He whispered and I gave him a grin before closing my eyes. He turned the lamp off beside him and I felt him move around a bit before getting comfortable. Of course it was hard to fall asleep since all I could think about was Kennedy. I knew I did the right thing, but I still hated doing it.

The next thing I knew I was being woke up by Pat shaking me.

"Why the fuck are you in Garrett's bed?" He asked and I groaned as I sat up rubbing my eyes.

"Because Kennedy is in hers." Garrett responded for me.

"Oh." Pat responded clearly feeling differently about the situation. He knew how I felt about Kennedy and for me to leave with him there, that clearly meant something.

Well, hopefully...

"Well go get ready. We leave in 20."

I nodded and forced myself off the bed. I went to my room only to find Kennedy. Kara probably got scared when she saw him because she wasn't in here and her bed was still made.

I sighed as I grabbed my things and changed in the bathroom.

"Kennedy!" I shouted throwing a pillow at him.

"What?" He groaned.

"We're leaving." I stated as I threw his shirts on top of him.

He sighed, sat up groggily and tried to pull his shirt back over his head. I gathered my things as he got up and we both walked out silently. He went to his room without a word and I waited in the hall for anyone to appear as my mind raced with thoughts like, why do I put myself through this?

"You know you could have just knocked." John said as he appeared with his things.

"Yeah, well, I just got out here."

"Where's Ken?"

"He's in his room getting his things."

He nodded and grabbed my bag up, "come on girl. We will go out first."

I chuckled and followed him to the van.

"It's Pat's turn to drive."

"Oh well, I'm definitely riding in the back." I stated as he laughed and threw our things in.

"Well, I shall sit by you."

"Please do."

"I guess I'll sit in the front." Jared grumbled and I laughed as I patted his arm.

"I'm not that bad!" Pat said loudly as he threw his bag in.

"Sort of are..."

He playfully pushed me and I pulled his hair which was almost as long as mine.

"Owe!"

I laughed and John pulled me to the door, "Get in before he really hurts you."

"I could take him."

"Bet you could you little spastic thing."

"I wanna sit next to her!" Garrett shouted as he pushed John out of the way.

"Settle down you idiot."

Garrett gave me a grin and climbed into the van first. I chuckled as I sat beside him and John climbed in the back.

"Thanks for leaving me!" Kara said loudly as she got in beside John.

"Sorry."

"And can you see my surprise when I walked in last night and saw someone with facial hair in your bed?"

John busted out laughing and I rolled my eyes, "Sorry. That's why I left."

"I'm so proud of you! I stole Kennedy's key and slept in his room"

"Smart girl." I said chuckling.

We saw Kennedy walking to the van so we shut up quickly and I cuddled up to Garrett not wanting to pay attention to him. Plus, I was still tired since it was only 9.

Of course he took the seat beside me not saying a word as he closed the door.

Garrett covered us with a small blanket he had left in here yesterday and I wrapped my arms around one of his and relaxed my head on his shoulder.

"You feeling ok buddy?" I heard John ask and I knew he was talking to Kennedy so I didn't bother to move.

"Yeah." He mumbled and I closed my eyes tightly.

Of course I wasn't able to sleep and everyone else passed out. Eventually the only person that was awake was Pat.

I sighed and removed myself from Garrett and covered him more with the blanket. As I sat up and messed with my hair I realized Kennedy was up staring blankly out of the window.

"You ok?" I asked startling him and he looked at me quickly.

"Sorry." I whispered instantly.

"I'm fine." He responded just as quiet.

"You sure?"

He nodded and went back to looking out the window.

I sighed and Pat looked at me in the rearview mirror.

I waved at him and he rolled his eyes and I heard a laugh leave Kennedy's lips.

"I live to annoy him." I said calmly and he gave me a grin, "I enjoy it."

I laughed softly and nodded.

"Look, Cass..." he said at a whisper as he placed his arm on the back of the seat making him seem closer than he was.

"I'm sorry about last night."

"You didn't do anything. By the way, John has your phone"

"I did. You were pissed at me and I'm sorry. I was too drunk last night."

"It's fine." I said at a whisper. How could I not forgive him? Maybe I was stupid but I couldn't help it.

He gave me a crooked grin causing his dimples to show and I tried not to melt right then and there. He had to know the effect he had on me.

He brought his hand to my cheek and leaned in pressing his lips to my forehead.

"I do appreciate you always looking out for me."

"Someone has to." I managed to get out.

I could feel Pat glaring at me in the mirror and I had to force myself to breathe from how close Kennedy was to me.

Kennedy removed his hand and gave me a wink before returning to looking out the window. Why did I always put myself through this?!

I leaned against Garrett's arm and shut my eyes forcing myself to sleep just so I didn't think of him anymore.

I always let him suck me back in. It's like I had no say in the matter.
♠ ♠ ♠
The chapters will get longer. Just didn't have a good stopping point. :3

P.S. go check out dakingsnake;'s stories, here. they're Maine related and amazing. :)

I love when new people comment on my stories because I find new stories! Ha.