Status: Completed!

Cold As You.

You have a way of coming easily to me.

"I wish Kennedy was like you." I whispered as I shut my eyes as Garrett craddled me in his arms.

"No you don't, trust me."

"Yes I do. You're so understanding and supportive."

"And beyond jealous." He mumbled causing me to instantly open my eyes, "Jealous of what?"

"Nothing. Go back to sleep."

I just stared at him and he sighed when he realized I was not going to do as he suggested.

"I'm going to go..." he mumbled trying to move from the bed, but I quickly grabbed his arm.

"What are you talking about?"

"Just let me go."

"Garrett." I said seriously and shrugged, "I'll see you later."

"Are you mad at me?" I asked and his eyes narrowed together like he was in pain, "No Cass. Never."

"Then talk to me."

"I can't..."

"Why?"

"Because..."

"Garrett!" I said getting a bit frustrated.

He just stared at me and pulled his arm from my grasp, "I can't tell you. It'll ruin everything."

My heart was now beating out of my chest simply because I didn't know what to expect him to say.

"What will?" I asked softly and he ran his hand through his hair.

"Stop it, Cassie."

"No! What the hell is going on?" I asked seriously.

"Pat's right you know? You should be with me instead. I'm better for you then Kennedy is. I wouldn't ever make you cry or constantly fight with you. I would treat you like you should be treated. I'd love you like you love him." He said softly and I just stared at him unable to even breathe.

"I do in fact love you as much as you love him." He added with a laugh as he rubbed the back of his neck, "I'm just going to go. See you later I guess."

I nodded and he quickly left my room leaving me unable to move. Garrett loves me. Garrett loves me. It's the only thing that was repeating in my head as I stood there.

I sighed as I heard the front door close shut. What did I do from here? I did what any normal girl would do. I instantly called John and he answered after the 2nd ring.

"Yes?"

"Where are you?"

"Kennedy's..."

"Right. Come here."

"What? No."

"Yes!"

"Jeez! Ok!"

I hung up with him as Kara walked into my room.

"What was wrong with little Gar?" She asked and I sighed, "He just told me he loved me."

"What?!"

"Yeah..."

"Oh my gosh. Awe." She said frowning and I rolled my eyes, "Awe?"

"Yes. It's Garrett! He's so sweet and quiet, I can't believe he told you that."

"Oh. And Kennedy broke up with me." I added and her mouth fell open, "What?! I'm not here one night and all hell breaks loose!"

"Basically." I responded with a shrug.

"Awe. Garrett..." She repeated.

"Stop saying that!"

"What?! It's so sweet!"

"It's a disaster!"

"Date him!"

"I love Kennedy!"

"Maybe you just think you love him. Garrett is so sweet to you."

"Why are you now team Garrett?!" I asked throwing my hands up as John walked in with a confused look on his face.

"No one knocks anymore." I grumbled and he rolled his eyes, "Hey! You called me! What was so urgent?"

"Garrett told her he loves her." Kara spilled it out for me.

"What?!" He shouted and I winced at how loud he was.

"Yeah. Love. He loves her."

"I got that! Oh this is so bad..." He groaned and I shrugged, "Sorry I'm so awesome."

"Shut up Cassie. This is serious. So what? Are you going to be with him?"

"John! I love Kennedy!" I said not believing he asked that.

"Yeah, well, Kennedy is..."

"An asshole?" Kara asked and John rolled his eyes, "No. He is hurt."

"Well fuck him. She did nothing wrong. He's the idiot here and in fact she should date Garrett because he isn't a jerk like him!" Kara said and John just glared at her as I closed my eyes with a sigh.

"Kara shut up." He said and I opened my eyes to see her glaring at him.

"Well, what did dear, perfect Kennedy say?"

"Nothing."

"What's fucking new. I'm team Garrett!" She shouted as she left the room and John shook his head, "She's insane."

I shrugged, "Maybe she's right..."

"Oh come on Cass, Ken loves you. You know that."

"Yeah but I feel like I have to constantly validate that I love him back!"

He sighed and sat beside me on the bed, "Kennedy loves you. He does, Cass. I've never seen him the way he is with you, with anyone before. Do I think Garrett and you would be better for each other on certain levels? Yes. But Kennedy loves you and you love him, so it's worth working it out with him."

"I'm sick of doing that." I mumbled and he gave me a grin, "He'll come around. Just give him time. He doesn't like to be without you."

I sighed and got up from the bed, "Whatever. I'm going to shower."

"Sure. Want me to come?" He asked with a smirk and I rolled my eyes, "No thanks."

"Your loss. I'll just wait here." He said falling onto my bed.

"My loss? You're right. Not showering with John Oh is insane!"

"My thoughts exactly. But it's best if you don't. Once you go John you don't go back."

I laughed my way to the bathroom. At last he made me feel better for just a moment. I quickly showered and got ready in the bathroom. My thoughts were still on Garrett though. I couldn't help it. Kara was right. He was so sweet and kept to himself that him saying what he did took a lot.

"Finally." John said once I walked out and I went to grab my shoes, "Why are you waiting on me again?"

"So we can go get lunch."

"Oh ok. You're paying." I sad as I grabbed my phone.

"Always do don't I?"

I chuckled as we walked into the living room.

"Kar want to go to lunch?" I called out and she walked in quickly, "Can Pat come?"

"Well...." I mumbled thinking it over. We hadn't talked since our fight.

"Yeah because he can't be mad anymore since Kennedy and you aren't together right now."

"Thanks for that reminder." I grumbled.

"Just sayin'." He said throwing his arm over my shoulders as the three of us left.

Once we got to the diner Pat was already there. He didn't bother to look at me as I sat across from him. He did however kissed Kara's cheek as she sat beside him and John didn't seem to feel the awkwardness between Pat and I at the moment.

"Oh, I invited Kennedy and Jared." Pat said and my eyes went wide, "What? Why?"

"Why not?" He asked a bit confused.

"Does Kennedy know I'm here?"

"Uh, well, I figured you had already talked to him so..."

I groaned and looked at John, "I'm leaving."

"What? No. Come on Cass." He said seriously and I could now feel Pat staring at me.

"Why don't you want him here?"

"Maybe you'd know if you were't such an asshole." I shot back at him as I pushed my chair back quickly and got up.

"What happened?!" Pat asked looking at John who was too busy grabbing my hand and trying to get me not to leave.

"Cassie. I drove. Stay." John said ignoring Pat's question.

"No thanks." I mumbled pulling my arm from his.

"How will you get home?"

"I'll call Garrett." I said and John sighed, "Is that a good idea?"

"Yes. We're still friends. See you later." I said as I quickly walked out of the diner.

I sighed once I was hit by the wind. I leaned against the building and texted Garrett hoping he didn't hate me or something. Of course Garrett said he would pick me up and lucky for me he got here before the others.

"You ok?" He asked once he walked over to where I was standing.

I nodded as he stopped in front of me, "What happened?"

"Pat invited Kennedy. So I don't want to be here."

He nodded as he shoved his hands into the pockets of his jacket.

I studied him as he looked down the street. He was a attractive boy to say the least. He had a boyish charm about him and yet it his blues eyes made him seem so innocent. Without thinking I reached out and placed my arms around his torso. He instantly looked at me as I pulled him to me until my head hit his chest. A sigh left his lips and h wrapped his arms around me in return as I closed my eyes tightly.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I shouldn't have said anything. Can we forget it?" He asked softly.

"Maybe we shouldn't."

He pulled back enough to look at me and I waited for him to speak.

"Don't say that. You love Kennedy." He whispered bringing his hand to my cheek.

"Seriously?!" We heard and I looked over to see Kennedy looking angrier than ever.

I looked at Jared who shrugged and Garrett took a step back from me.

I just glared at Kennedy and he crossed his arms, "Why are you here?"

"Um, I was actually here first and Pat told me you were coming so I was leaving."

"With Garrett."

I rolled my eyes and Garrett surprisingly spoke up, "Kennedy! You seriously have fucking issues! Nothing is going on with us! And if you really love her like you claim you do you wouldn't be acting so insecure and stupid!"

Kennedy just stared at him and Garrett grabbed up my hand, "Hope you like being alone."

Kennedy was even more angry now. I knew he hated being antagonized like that.

"Get your fucking hands off my girl." He said glaring at Garrett and I was honestly surprised that Garrett didn't back down and of the tone Kennedy was using.

"Your girl? No. I'm afraid she's not. You made sure of that."

Kennedy stepped to Garrett and I quickly stepped in front of them.

"Whoa, settle down." I said placing my hands on Kennedy's chest. His eyes hit mine and I felt nerves hit my stomach simply from touching him. He just had that effect on me.

"So is this it? Is this going to be how it goes?" He asked seriously.

"What does that mean?" I asked softly and he moved back so my hands fell from him.

"Means what I said, Cassidy. You can't even eat in the same room with me now? And what? Are you going to be with Garrett?" He asked loudly and I crossed my arms getting a bit angry now that he was trying to make me the bad person in this.

"Well, maybe I should be! Everyone of your friends thinks so because you're an asshole!" I yelled and Jared winced from where he stood close to Kennedy.

"And what does that mean?!"

"It means what I said. You're an asshole and half of the friends you're going to eat lunch with thinks I should be with Garrett." I said glaring at him and his anger seemed to be replaced with an emotion I couldn't quite read yet. In reality I just wanted to make him mad or hurt his feelings because I was beyond hurt myself.

"Maybe you should be with him, Cassie." He said softly, "Sorry, I'm not good enough for you." He added before leaving me standing on the sidewalk unable to move.

Jared gave me a sympathetic look before walking after Kennedy. Well that didn't go like planned and if anything I felt worse than I did before hand. This was going down hill fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...which team are you on? ;)

Thanks for commenting;
Poison.The.Hero
LovelyHope
Dakingsnake; (my first sort of team Garrett member! Haha)