Status: Completed!

Cold As You.

What a rainy ending given to a perfect day.

The day Kennedy left I didn't feel like doing much so I ended up staying at home as Kara went to work. I knew I shouldn't be sulking but it was hard not to.

I sat on my couch still in my pajamas watching some horrible movie as my front door opened. I looked over to see Garrett walking in.

"Oh, appreciate the knock. Glad I'm not naked or anything."

"Wouldn't mind..." he joked causing me to laugh because even though he was kidding his face still flushed at the remark.

He fell beside me and I gave him a grin, "What do I owe this visit to?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to check on you."

I nodded, "I'm fine."

"Mhm..." he mumbled looking me up and down.

"Shut up."

He laughed and wrapped his arms around me, "It's ok to be sad, Cassie. You just need to think positive. Everything happens for a reason."

"Way to be optimistic." I mumbled wrapping my arms around him and laying my head against his chest.

"Someone has to be."

I didn't respond as I closed my eyes and he held on to me tightly.

"Are you going to stay?"

"If you want me to."

I nodded and he kissed my head, "Then I will. Has he texted you or anything?"

"No..."

He sighed, "He will."

"Maybe..."

He brushed my cheek lightly, "He will and if he doesn't, he doesn't deserve you."

I gave him a grin, "How are you still single?"

"I'm a bit on the shy side..."

"You just basically told me you wished I was naked!"

"I was joking." He fumbled his cheeks a light pink.

I laughed, "You're cute."

"Sooo cute?" He teased and I started laughing along with him.

Garrett stayed with me the whole day despite my protest. Not that I minded. He was a good distraction and I just liked being around him.

Once it hit around 6 I found myself looking at my phone and letting a sigh leave my mouth. Garrett's hand moved to mine, "It's ok."

I shrugged and he kissed my cheek as someone knocked on my door.

"Don't move. I'll get it." He whispered and I nodded I watched him go to the door.

"Oh. Hey..." John said giving Garrett a weird look like he was surprised to see the boy in my home.

Garrett mumbled a hello and stepped to the side letting John in.

"Hey baby girl." He spoke, giving me a grin as he sat beside me.

"Hi...what's up?"

"I could as you the same. Why do you look like you just crawled out of bed?"

"She's been up just not dressed." Garrett said watching John cautiously.

"Because of Kennedy?" He asked and Garrett came to my defense, "No. I've just been here since noon."

I gave Garrett a grin trying to cool him down, I didn't know why he was acting this way to John but you could cut the tension with a knife.

John shrugged and Garrett rolled his eyes before looking blankly at the television.

"Um, are you two ok?" I finally asked and Garrett tugged on his hair as he got up from the couch, "I'm going to go."

"What? No." I responded because in all honesty I'd rather John go then him.

"Yeah, um, I got some things to do anyways..." he mumbled and I shot John a look.

"What?!" He asked throwing his hands up.

"What did you do?" I asked and Garrett grabbed my hand as he leaned down to me, "He did nothing. I'll see you later." He whispered before pecking my cheek.

I sighed and once the door shut I glared at John.

"What now?" I asked getting annoyed with the constant bickering between everyone.

"Nothing. He's just mad because I told him he needed to back off because you're Kennedy's...."

"I'm not anyones and if I was in fact Kennedy's he would make a point to at least have the decency to text me and tell me he didn't die in a plane crash or something!" I said jumping up from the couch causing him to groan, "He didn't."

"Yeah, I'm sure you would know since he probably would text you before me."

He rolled his eyes as I turned off the television angrily.

"Plus, unlike Kennedy, Garrett is reliable. Please leave."

"Why are you mad at me?!"

"Really?! Why must you all make Garrett feel like shit for liking me when Kennedy is an asshole?! Leave him alone! He's not doing anything!" I said aggravated as I threw my hands up.

"You know nothing Cassie." He grumbled as he got up from his seat.

"You're right. I know nothing. Silly me. Maybe you should date Kennedy! Clearly he feels more comfortable talking to you anyways!"

"You need to settle down..."

"Yeah? And you need to stop protecting Kennedy and realize the truth of how he is." I said throwing the pillow onto the couch with more force than necessary.

I sighed as he just stared at me, "Just go. I want Garrett to come back." I whispered and he crossed his arms, "Why?"

"Why?! Because he doesn't hassle me! He doesn't question me about Kennedy or what I'm feeling or anything else I don't want to talk about! He just listens and makes me laugh. I'm so sick of all of you right now!"

John didn't dare to respond he just stomped away and I sighed as he slammed the door. I knew I probably over reacted but it was all true. I texted Garrett asking him to come back over and as I waited on him I instantly felt horrible for talking to John like that. I knew he was just trying to help.

Garrett walked back in only minutes later and I was offficially upset yet again. I swear my emotions were everywhere.

"What's wrong?" He instantly asked as he sat whatever was in the bag he had brought in onto the table.

"What did John say?" He asked as he sat beside me and I just crawled into his lap.

"I yelled at him and now I feel bad." I whispered.

"You yelled at him?"

"Yeah, because I just want them to leave you alone."

He sighed, "It's fine."

"No it's not. Plus, Kennedy texted him."

"I know..." he mumbled and I looked up at him, "You know?"

"Yeah...I didn't want to tell you because, I didn't want to upset you."

I sighed and buried my face into his shirt.

"I'm sorry..."

"No. It's ok. Screw him. All I need is you." I mumbled holding on to him tightly.

"I'm not going anywhere, princess." He whispered against my hair. I closed my eyes and he played with my hair, "Oh, I brought you some dinner."

I raised up to look at him and his blue eyes seemed as innocent as ever, "What?"

I smiled and brought my hand to his cheek, "What is it?" He whispered and I could tell he was now a bit on the nervous side.

"Nothing." I responded before kissing his cheek gently. He was absolutely the sweetest, most thoughtful person I've ever known and a part of me just wished I would fall in love with him and be done with it.

"You should call John." He finally spoke and I nodded, "I know..."

"Look, go do that and I'll set out our food."

"Maybe I should just wait until tomorrow so I can do it in person."

"Ok. It's up to you." He responded kissing my forehead before getting up from the couch.

Kara busted in the front door not even seconds later and she gave us a weird look.

"Um, hi?" Garrett said causing me to laugh.

"Hi. What did you do to John?"

I groaned, "Nothing is private anymore."

"You tell one of them everyone knows an hour later." Garrett said chuckling.

"John is a douche. I'm apologizing tomorrow though."

"Yeah, well he's pissed."

"So?"

"So? Who know what he's telling loverboy."

"I don't care to be honest. Loverboy hasn't even attempted to call me, or text me yet so I don't care."

She sighed and looked from me to Garrett who was walking into the kitchen.

"He said something about Garrett and I snapped." I said with a sigh.

"Well, I'm still team Garrett so..."

I rolled my eyes, "Of course."

She chuckled, "I'll be leaving soon. Just changing clothes and Pat's coming to get me."

"Well, at least my brother has some decency."

She laughed as she went into her room and Garrett walked out of the kitchen.

"Come on." He said ushering me to him.

We ate in a comfortable silence and we both ended up falling asleep on the couch later that night. I didn't mind having him around, in fact he was the only one I cared to see everyday.

The next morning I woke up early and covered Garrett with the blanket before going to shower and get ready for the day. Once I walked out of my room Garrett was sitting up, his hair a bit messy from his sleep and his shirt was still laid out on the floor.

"Hey sleepy head."

A grin hit his lips, "Hi..." he whispered running his hand through his hair.

I smiled and he spoke, "You could have woke me up."

"Why would I? You looked soooo cute."

A chuckle left his lips as he got up slowly from the couch, "I know, but still."

"You know?"

"Yep. I'm cute. I know." He said with a smug look as he folded the blanket.

"Who said?"

"You call me cute on a daily basis."

"True."

He chuckled as he grabbed his shirt from the floor, "I can take you to John's on my way home if you want."

"How will I get back?"

"I can pick you back up once I'm showered and stuff."

I nodded and he kissed my cheek, "Let's go then."

I grabbed his hand and he pulled me from my apartment to his car.

"John is probably furious at me."

"Probably."

"Garrett!"

He laughed, "I was kidding. It'll be ok princess. No one can stay mad at you."

"Because I'm sooo cute?"

He chuckled, "No because you're too sweet so it's impossible to stay mad at you."

"I'm not that sweet."

"You are to me." He whispered as he grabbed my hand. I watched him as he stared at the road. Once we arrived at John's he looked over at me, "See you in a bit."

I nodded and kissed his cheek, "Thanks Gar."

He nodded and I climbed out of the car and walked the short distance to John's door. I breathed in before knocking and only a few minutes later he opened the door.

"Oh...hey." he grumbled and I basically tackled him into a hug.

"I'm so sorry John. I really am. I'm sorry I was horrible and for what I said. I know Kennedy is your best friend but I just get so sick of hearing it ok?" I said against his bare chest and his arms went around me.

"Ok. I'm sorry too." He whispered, "I'll drop it."

"I'm sorry." I mumbled looking up at him and he kissed my forehead, "I forgive you."

I nodded and he pulled me in kicking the door shut.

"I won't talk about him anymore."

I bit my lip not sure if I wanted that either.

"But he's asked me about you this morning."

I stifled a laugh, "Funny. He could just ask me himself if he'd try."

"It's complicated, Cass..."

"No it's not! This is the problem. How is this ok?! He's hurt and it's ok for you to assume it's not hurting me? You know I love him."

"I know and he loves you! This is why I don't get why he wants to do this!"

"What does he want to do?" I asked placing my hands on my hips.

He sighed and ran his hand into his short hair, "He wants you to move on Cassidy. He isn't coming back. He thinks you deserve more than him and he doesn't want to hold you back from someone who is better for you."

"Like Garrett...." I spoke realization now hitting me.

"Yes! Like Garrett! But I don't agree with this! So I told Garrett to leave you alone! I think he's just confused right now."

I now felt myself grow a bit light headed and I tried to regain my breathing as my mind went into over drive.

"I hate him. I hate him so much right now."

"Great. Just what he wants." He mumbled with a sigh.

I shook my head and held out my hand, "Give me your phone."

"No. Why?"

"Because he won't answer my call I'm sure. Give me your phone!"

He groaned and placed it into my hand. I quickly dialed Kennedy's number. John paced as I waited on Kennedy to pick up.

"Hello?" Kennedy finally said causing my heart to beat wildly in my chest.

"Why do you hate me? Why do you want me to be with Garrett? Is being with me that bad? Do you really not love me that much?" I said and the line went silent.

"I hate you so much Kennedy so looks like you got what you want so you can come home now. But just so we're clear I will never love Garrett like I love you and if you honestly think I could get over you like that then you clearly don't know how much I love you. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you." I said finishing my speech now in tears.

Kennedy didn't dare speak, but I knew he was still on the line because I could hear him breathing.

"I wish I had never met you, I wish I had never fallen for you, and I never want to see you again." I said hoping he could understand me through my sobs.

John just stood there staring at me with sad eyes as I tried to compose myself, "because the fact that you thought this would turn out ok is ridiculous. Goodbye Kennedy." I said softly hanging up John's phone and throwing it on the couch before I immediately walked out of john's place.

"Cassidy!" John yelled after me as I ran straight into someone. I looked up to see Garrett who had a confused look on his face and I immediately clung to him.

"What the fuck did you do?" Garrett snapped at John as he protectively held on to me.

"Nothing!" He said loudly.

"Take me home." I sobbed to Garrett.

"Ok, sweetie. Ok." He said before swiftly picking me up and carrying me to his car ignoring John who was trying to defend himself.

"It's ok Cassie. Everything's gonna be alright. I've got you." He whispered as he carried me from his car to my apartment.

"What happened?!" I heard Pat say and Garrett ignored him as he walked me to my room and laid me on the bed.

"It's ok." He cooed brushing my hair from my face, "I'll take care of them. Get some sleep."

"Don't leave." I said grabbing his arm and he leaned down to me, "when you wake up Ill be here. I promise." He whispered kissing my forehead and I simply nodded as I felt my eyes grow heavy. This was now the worst day of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Um, so I feel like I was threatened by DannyKurily so that's why I'm updating...haha.

But for realz. I feel like all this bitch does is cry. (I can say that since it's my character. Haha) I'm thinking about writing at least a chapter from Kennedy's point of view. What do you think?...and I absolutely love Garrett..anyways! Happier times are ahead. I promise.