Status: Completed!

Cold As You.

Just walk away, no use defending words that you will never say.

"Cassidy." I heard someone say as they shook me lightly.

"Go away." I mumbled and once a laugh was let out I instantly knew it was Kennedy.

"We're here. Do you want to stay here? It's going to be really cold in here soon." He said causing me to open my eyes.

"Hi." He said chuckling and I noticed he was hovering over me.

"Where is Garrett?" I spat out quickly simply because he made me so nervous.

"Oh, he was helping John." He said moving away from me and out of the van. I sighed and followed suite.

"I hate you." I mumbled to Garrett once we reached everyone who was helping with equipment.

"What? Why?" He asked handing a guitar case to Jared.

"Because you left me."

"Awe. You love me." He said placing his hand over his heart.

I rolled my eyes and he swiftly picked me up and spun me around. I wrapped my legs around him in fear of falling and he laughed as he came to a stop.

"Now, tell me why you hate me for leaving you." He said placing his arms under me to hold me up as he walked. Which made me nervous since he couldn't see in front of him.

"Because..." I whispered wrapping my arms around his neck, "Kennedy woke me up."

"Yeah, I heard you two talking earlier..."

"And you didn't interject?!"

"Interject? What a big word for such a small girl." He said and I glared at him.

"Ok let me down you're scaring me."

"Why? I can see."

"Yeah. Me."

He laughed and before I knew it I felt my back hit someone causing me to let out a scream. Garrett went into a fit of laughter and I turned a bit to see that it was only John who I could tell purposely did it because a smile was on his lips.

I glared at him, "Not funny."

"Sort of was."

"Oh it was!" Garrett responded.

"I'm too tired for this." I mumbled laying my head on Garrett's shoulder.

"Now I can see." He said and I chuckled softly.

"Move Pat! Fuck!" Garrett shouted causing me to laugh even harder.

"What the fuck are you doing to my sister?"

"Carrying her. Duh."

"Because he's amazing." I said lifting up and Garrett laughed as I messed with his hair. I loved messing with Garrett. He's the youngest and the funniest so it only made sense as to why we got along.

"Awe. My little Garrett is so cute." I joked patting his cheek causing him to make a face.

"See, you two would be cute together." Kara said and Garrett began to blush madly as he placed me on my feet.

John laughed loudly as he hopped onto the stage.

"She's too old." Garrett joked and I shoved him causing him to laugh.

"He doesn't have facial hair so no." John stated and I shot him a look because Kennedy was next to him messing with his guitar.

Kennedy's eyes instantly shifted to me and I grew uncomfortable.

"So that's why she likes me!" Jared said throwing his arm over me and I laughed grateful for him breaking that up.

"How did you know?!"

"John told me. Go figure."

"Hey! I know tons of secrets that I haven't told!" John shouted.

"Like what?" Pat asked spinning his drums sticks around aimlessly.

"Nothing about Cassie if that's what you're asking!" He said too quick to not look guilty and he ran off the stage.

Jared died out laughing and even Kennedy stood there a bit dumb founded.

I rolled my eyes as Pat stared at me in thought.

"He's lying. He knows nothing."

"Yeah we all know everything equally. Except for you." Garrett said as some tech guy messed with his bass.

"Nah I take that back. Kennedy doesn't know anything either. Could be because he's drunk a lot though."

Kara let out a laugh as Pat glared at Garrett.

"Kidding..." he mumbled.

"Sort of..." he added and I sighed as Jared was still laughing beside me.

"I think I know more than him." Kennedy spoke.

John let out a laugh as he reappeared next to Kennedy, "Kennedy, when's the last time you had an actual conversation wth any of us? The only time I know you're alive is when you're playing."

The one thing about John I loved was how he didn't hold back. He said what he was thinking or feeling and he meant it.

Kennedy ignored him and looked down at his guitar as he fiddled with the strings. I knew it bothered him no matter what he said because his eyes gave him away.

"Well we can talk later cause we are driving all night. So lets focus on now." Jared chimed in.

"Let's go get food!" Kara shouted causing me to laugh from relief. This conversation was getting uncomfortable.

My eyes moved to Kennedy who was putting his guitar down. If only I could know what he was thinking just for once.

I waited on him to hop off the stage and once he realized I was standing there his eyes met mine.

"Ready?" I asked. For some reason I couldn't let it go. I wanted him to open up and if I keep bothering him maybe he eventually will.

He nodded shoving his hands in his pockets.

"You should sit with me on the way to Kentucky." I said sliding my arm through his.

"No drinking and we could, I don't know, play angry birds the whole way." I added and he looked at me, "Maybe we could just talk."

"If you want to, sure." I said softly and he nodded.

Clearly John's remark got to him.

He slid is arm around my waist as we walked out of the venue.

Maybe there was hope.

The show went great of course and the guys surprisingly stayed sober the whole way through it. It took a good two hours before we were all packed up and back in the van driving tiredly to the next place.

John drove and Pat sat up front. He was not talking to me anyways because he thought I was up to no good with Kennedy and I'm sure a lecture would be in my near future.

Kennedy and I sat in the very back together and Garrett was sitting directly in front of me.

"I miss you." He said turning in his seat to look at me and he stuck his bottom lip out.

"I'm right here."

"I know but you're not her." He whispered pointing to Kara beside him and she smacked his arm causing Kennedy and I to laugh.

Garrett frowned and turned back around.

I looked at Kennedy who was messing with his phone. His hair was messy and his shirt was unbuttoned at the top causing me to bite my lip.

"So you want to talk about what exactly?" I managed to say. He looked up at me and grinned, "I don't know. Apparently I miss everything so tell me what has been going on."

I shrugged, "Nothing really."

Just that I'm madly in love with you and everyone knows.

"You're lying."

"Honestly I think he was just trying to mess with you."

"Or you just don't want to tell me." He said smiling showing off the gap between his teeth that I found simply adorable.

"Maybe so Kennedy. Maybe so."

"Fine I'll talk."

"Please do."

"So..." he said whispering as he relaxed in the seat causing his arm to touch mine.

"Will you apologize to Kara for me? I feel bad because I sort of hit on her last night and well, you know...that isn't really me."

"Maybe it's secretly what you want to do." I said trying to be sneaky and find out if in fact he liked her.

He rolled his eyes, "No. No offense, she's a cool girl, she's just, not my type. She's my drunken type." He whispered.

"You make it sound like you are two people." I said with a giggle. I don't know if it was because it was funny or because I was relieved he didn't like her.

"I am." He said laughing with me.

"Sort of."

He smiled at me and shook his head, "Need to cool it huh?"

"Maybe a little."

"Well, I'm sober tonight. Which do you prefer?"

"Well, they both have their ups and downs." I said bringing my legs up and crossing them underneath me.

"Like?"

"Like drunk it's easier to get you to open up."

"Oh. Well, yeah sort of." He said rubbing his hand through his hair.

"Oh. You never told me what you think about my 'stache." He added pointing to his facial hair.

I went into a fit of giggles again which caused him to laugh for no reason.

"I like it." I said once I composed myself.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Screw all those haters. It's not bad. You don't look creepy."

He smiled, "Thanks."

I nodded and leaned my head back on the seat. He sighed and touched his head to mine, "I'm tired."

"Well sleep."

"We said we'd talk."

I laughed, "You said you wanted to talk."

He didn't respond and I closed my eyes realizing how tired I was. The soft music from the radio and the cars passing by was putting me to sleep.

I was almost gone when I felt his hand link with mine and my eyes shot open from the contact. I stared at our hands as he slid his fingers through mine gently. Neither of us said anything and I was worried he could hear the pounding in my chest since he was so close. He just sat up calmly, his hand still in mine. I watched him as he let out a sigh and looked out the window.

There was no way my crush on him would go away now. I leaned my head on his shoulder as his thumb traced the top of my hand lightly. I finally drifted to sleep with my thoughts on nothing else but him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy new years! Hope everyone had a good new years eve! :)

That whole mustache convo reminded me of As Above_So Below. Haha.