Status: Completed!

Cold As You.

And I stood there loving you and wished them all away.

"Dude, I've gotten nothing for my mom for Christmas!" John said as we walked aimlessly around the mall we found.

"What a great son you are." Kennedy joked and I laughed as John shrugged.

"Get her a purse!"

"Got one for her last Christmas." He mumbled.

"Well I don't know what to tell you then."

"Dude, why are you acting weird now?" We heard and looked over at Kara who was looking at a now shocked Pat.

We all busted out laughing as Pat just stared at her.

"I like you, you like me, why are you acting all ridiculous?" She asked him putting her hands on her hips.

"I thank god every day you're not like her." Kennedy mumbled causing me to start laughing yet again.

"Even as weird as Kennedy is he doesn't act like this!"

"Hey!" Kennedy shouted.

"Well, see it's different, I don't think either of them have even told each other that they sort of like each other." Garrett said in a matter of fact tone.

"I tell her everyday." John said giving me a wink and I rolled my eyes.

"You know, maybe it isn't the other people maybe it's the Kirch kids." Jared said causing Pat and me to glare at him.

He chuckled, "Just saying."

"No, it's not us."

"Yeah, its because we like impossible people." Pat chimed in.

"I'm going to have a heart attack. They're agreeing." John said clutching his shirt and pretending to stumble to the ground.

"Ha ha." I mumbled crossing my arms.

"It's not my Cassie. It's Pat." Garrett said throwing his arms around me.

"Thanks Gar."

"Isn't her fault she likes stupid boys that are less attractive than me."

I laughed and Kennedy rolled his eyes.

Garrett kissed my cheek as we all stared at Pat who seemed uncomfotable.

"We're just going to walk away. You two work this shit out." Jared said and I laughed as we headed in the opposite direction.

Garrett finally dropped his arm from me and immediately after, Kennedy grabbed my hand up. I looked at him and he pulled me closer, "I really don't like him doing that." He mumbled.

"Doing what?"

"Acting that way towards you."

"Why?" I asked letting out a laugh.

He shrugged as his fingers linked with mine.

"Just so you know, I do in fact like you." He said calmly and I looked over at him as he stared straight ahead.

Once on the escalator I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

He quickly grabbed my face and pressed his lips to mine before we stepped off. Thankfully he still had a hold of my hand or I might have tripped doing so because that left me a bit light headed.

He began to chuckle and I looked over at him with a weird look, "You ok?"

"Yeah perfect." He responded and pulled me to a stop. I watched him confusingly as he placed his hands on my waist.

"I'll be right back, sweetie." He whispered, kissing me a few times before he let me go.

"You two are worse than me and Pat."

I looked at Kara and smirked, "So, there is a you and Pat?"

"I mean, I don't know, do you care? I don't want you to like hate me."

"Oh please. Of course I won't. I don't care. Just if you two end badly or something and you make it weird for me and you I'll kill you."

She rolled her eyes, "Hoes before bros, duh."

I chuckled, "Then no, I don't care. Sort of gross, but it's fine."

She laughed, "Good. So now, about you and Kennedy." She said placing her hands together and I groaned, "No."

"I mean, he's kissing you and holding your hand." She said as we looked into a window of a shop we passed.

"Yeah, but for how long." I mumbled.

"Oh come on Cass, he's never done that. He likes you."

"I just don't want to get my hopes up."

"Give him a chance. We both know he's a good guy."

"Yeah, well, we will see where it goes." I said although I was worried about it all. I couldn't help but to be because I've liked him for so long.

"When I said I'd be right back I didn't mean continue walking." I heard and turned to see Kennedy.

I chuckled and Kara smirked, "Is that for me?" She asked referring to the smoothies he now carried.

"Psh, go ask your boyfriend."

"Ha!" She said pushing him lightly as she left us alone.

"Now, this really is for you." He said holding out a cup to me.

"Awe thanks."

"No oranges. Allergic, right?"

I grinned, "Yyeah."

He nodded before placing the trw in his mouth. I glanced over at him and his eyes locked with mine causing a sideways grin to hit his lips. He then slid his free hand to mine without warning and I tried not to grow nervous.

"Why do you like me?" He asked out of no where.

I felt a blush hit my cheeks and I stared at the floor in front of me as we walked.

"Well, let's see. I don't know, the gap between your teeth is pretty cute."

He laughed, "I'm pretty certain no one has ever told me that before."

"Yeah, well, glad I could be the first."

He smiled, "Well, I hope there is more than just the gap between my teeth."

"Maybe."

He laughed, "Wow. Well, want to know what I like about you?" He asked softly and I managed to nod.

"I love how you are always there for me. Maybe it sounds cheesy, but I appreciate it and I hope you know I'm always here for you."

"Thanks Ken." I whispered and he kissed the top of my hand. Maybe this would turn out how I wanted it to.

***


"I'd like to dedicate this next song to Pat's sister just because I like to piss him off." John yelled into the microphone causing Kara and I to laugh.

Kennedy chuckled as he messed with his guitar and of course I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He was so cute on stage. He got so into it, it was hard not to find him so.

"I'm feelin' pretty dirty baby, forgive my sins. I have a feelin' you can save me, honey. My heroine. Your hips, my hands, you swing, you dance...." John said wiggling his eyebrows at me and I laughed even more as the song coninued and the look on Pat's face was enough to top it off.

"Was that necessary?" Pat grumbled as they walked off the stage, "The images you gave me made me want to vomit."

I laughed and Kara rolled her eyes, "Over dramatic I tell you. So! Let's party! It's my last night!" She added loudly.

"First we have a meet and greet." John said clapping his hands together.

"Well hurry that shit up."

I chuckled and Kennedy gave me a wink as he followed the rest of them out.

"My last wish for my last day here is for you two to get together."

"Not going to happen." I said walking out to where the guys were set up.

"I have faith."

I rolled my eyes as I watched the guys sign shirts and hug some of the girls.

"Are you Pat's sister?" I heard which startled both me and Kara. We both turned to see a girl around 15 standing in front of us.

"Oh, yeah." I said with a grin.

"Lucky you. Are John and you together?"

I laughed, "what? No. He's just stupid."

"Yeah she's with Kennedy." Kara spat out.

"No, I'm not." I said denying it quickly.

"Yeah huh! Go ask him and see what he says and come back and tell me."

"Ok!"

"Kara!" I yelled as the girl ran off. Kara chuckled, "I just want to see."

"Ok. She's in front of him." She said giving me a play by play since I was standing facing her so it didn't seem obvious and also to hide my blushing.

"Oh fuck. He's looking over here." She said looking at me quickly.

"Great." I grumbled placing my hand over my face in embarrassment.

"Ok. He's now talking to someone else and she's coming back." She said and I removed my hand as the small girl appeared.

"Well?"

"He said to tell Kara to mind her own business and stop embarrassing Cassie and also to tell you that he thinks you look extremely beautiful tonight. Awe, are you two going to get married?" The girl asked happily.

"What the hell! How does he know it was me?!" Kara asked ignoring everything.

"Want me to ask him?"

"Yes! And tell him it doesn't matter what he thinks because she's single and we're going to party like it's 1999! Which is probably the year you were born." She said looking the girl up and down.

"95 actually."

"Close enough. Run along."

I groaned, "Leave the girl alone she's 12."

"It's a bit sad that you dragged a 15 year old girl into your twisted games." We heard and I jumped turning around to see Kennedy and that girl.

"Well it wasn't her." She said pointing to me and I smiled grateful to have backup.

Kara rolled her eyes, "Tattle tale."

"I know it wasn't. This one is crazy." He said referring to Kara who glared at him from where she stood and the girl giggled.

"So who's your favorite? Don't say Pat." I said trying to be nice to the girl because I felt bad for Kara's actions.

"Well, actually, Kennedy." She said blushing the way I did when he was mentioned. Guess he effected more than just me.

I chuckled as Kennedy smiled, "Great. Glad he heard. Now he's going to think he's awesome."

"I just think he's cute. It's the gap."

"Oh my god! Seriously?!" I said and Kennedy groaned, "Come on. That can't be true."

"I told him that earlier and he apparently didn't believe me."

"Well now I make it true."

I chuckled, "Thank you."

"I've got to go find my brother before he calls the police. Nice meeting you."

"You too." I said with a smile and Kennedy gave her a hug.

"Awe. The sweetheart of the band." I said poking his cheek and he rolled his eyes.

"Smile."

"No."

"Come on."

"No."

I chuckled and wrapped my arms around his neck, "Smile. Please. For me."

"No." He said with a grin as his arms went around me.

"But, please."

"What are you going to do for me?"

I shrugged, "Let you get back to seeing fans."

"Not good enough." He whispered pulling me closer to him.

"Fine. I'll kiss you."

"Ok." He said with a smile and I rolled my eyes before he pressed his lips to mine.

"That was you kissing me."

"Couldn't wait." He said with a shrug as he removed his arms from me and quickly ran back to the table.

I shook my head with a grin as Kara joined me again, "Oh yeah. I'm getting my wish."

Well she clearly had more hope then I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
I always swear I won't update everyday, but I can't help it! I have so much written and I seriously love this story! :3

Thanks for commenting;
Decemberist (Yeah, even I laughed a little writing that. Ha.)
As Above_So Below
LovelyHope (Thanks!)

And yes, just so you can brace yourself, there will be some drama next chapter.