Status: Completed!

Cold As You.

Of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you.

The next thing I knew it was morning and Garrett was waking me up so we could leave.

"Cassie, come on sweetie. You can go back to sleep when we get in the van."

"I'm going to change real quick."

He nodded and I ran into the bathroom. I changed into a band shirt and some skinny jeans before throwing my hair up and walking out.

"I already put your bag in the car."

"Thank you."

He nodded with a grin and I linked my arm with his as we left the room.

"Hey my lovely sister." Pat said as I reached the van.

"Hi."

"What's wrong?" He asked his face instantly going serious.

"Nothing." I said quickly as I got in sitting beside Garrett. I didn't even have to speak for Pat to be able to read me. It was kind of scary.

"Kara." Pat said giving her a look ad she groaned, "Please don't ask me." She said as she sat in front of me.

"If someone doesn't tell me what happened to Cassie I'm gonna snap." He said once everyone was in. Kennedy was driving and Jared was up front with him. I was scared if someone told him we would die.

"I'll tell you. Kennedy, Mr. I'm serious about liking your sister, was macking up on some other girl last night!" Garrett said loudly and Pat's facial expression was enough to scare me.

"Garrett! Do you want us to die?!" Jared yelled from the front.

"What?!" Pat yelled like he wasn't beside me.

I could see Kennedy grasping the steering wheel from where I was sitting.

"Dude, calm down. Stay back there." Jared said and Pat breathed out heavily, "See Cassidy! I told you! He's a Fucking idiot! This is what you get!"

"It isn't her fault Pat! Why don't you back tha fuck off of her!" Kennedy yelled back and John groaned, "Why must everyone yell?!"

"Someone get me the fuck home." Kara grumbled.

"Oh way to act so gentleman like, Kennedy!" Garrett added.

"Like you give a fuck!" Pat added on and I just placed my head in my lap with a groan.

"Pat!" Kara shouted and he grumbled beside me and crossed his arms.

The car then instantly got quiet and I sighed in relief. It was all too much to take in.

"I want to travel alone." John finally mumbled.

"I want to go home, but we can't all get our way." I responded.

Of course the drive was longer than the last one which made me even happier when we arrived. I was beyond ready to get away from everyone, but first we had to drop Kara off at the airport.

"Do you want me to take you with me?" She asked and I chuckled, "I wish."

"Look, talk to Kennedy, don't take shit from Pat and well, if need be I'll pass the torch and let you sleep with Garrett."

I laughed before pulling her in a hug, "I'll see you in a few weeks."

Everyone said goodbye to her including Pat. Of course that I had to leave for. Seeing them kiss was weird.

"How you holding up little Kirch?" John asked throwing his arm over my shoulders as we walked back to the van.

"Oh I'm fine."

He kissed my head, "Talk to Kennedy."

"No. He's a jerk face."

He immediately began laughing, "A jerk face? Well, yeah maybe so, but you love that jerk face."

"Like and love are two different things."

He smiled, "Whatever. You love him. You wouldn't hold on this long if you didn't."

I sighed and looked over at Kennedy who Jared had strategically placed far enough away from Pat who was shooting daggers into him.

If this was love I was over it.

"Who do you think you are Kennedy? Honestly. I mean, it's whatever if you want to play games with other girls, but when it's my sister and you're in my band, there should be a line of respect." Pat said and John began to whine, "Why?! Why me?!"

"At least he's not yelling." Garrett offered and John sighed, "Not yet..."

"I was drunk. Not intentional." Kennedy said giving his lousy excuse.

"You were drunk, not intentional?! Does that make it better?!" Pat said raising his voice.

"See..." John said giving Garrett a look and I rolled my eyes.

"Pat just drop it! Who cares!" I yelled causing everyone to look at me.

"I'm sick of hearing about it. You're mad I get that, but it isn't going to change the outcome. Kennedy is still going to have kissed another girl, ok?! It's done and don't worry about it, I've learned my lesson." I said throwing my hands up before getting into the van.

"Cassie..." I heard Kennedy say and Pat cut him off, "Leave her alone." He grumbled before sitting beside me.

I looked over at him and he sighed before pulling me to him and kissing my cheek, "I love you, you know?"

"Love you too." I mumbled.

The ride to the venue was silent and I got out as quickly as I could.

"Please talk to me." Kennedy said running over to me as he got out of the car.

"I never said I wouldn't. What would you like to talk about?" I asked smoothly as we walked to the venue.

"What happened."

"Then go for it."

He sighed and grabbed my arm bringing me to a stop.

I crossed my arms uncomfortably and he sighed, "Cassidy, I like you."

"I am aware. You told me."

He rolled his eyes, "I'm sorry. I'm completely sorry, Cassie. If I could take it back I would. I drank too much and I wasn't thinking straight."

"Why are you apologizing Kennedy? We aren't together."

"No. But I feel like now my chance is shot." He said seriously and I shrugged, "It's whatever."

"No it's not because that means no."

"Kennedy what do you want me to say?! That I don't go kiss people when I like someone? Well you're right I don't, but maybe that doesn't apply to everyone else and yeah, now I am unsure about whatever this is, but I can't help it.Then again, maybe I should have listened to Pat all along." I said with a fake grin.

"No." He said frowning, "No, Pat isn't right and you know that."

"Kennedy." I said throwing my hands up with a laugh, "It doesn't matter now."

"Stop it! I know you didn't just stop liking me!"

"See, I think that's where I became stupid. I liked you so much and you knew it so you just used it to your advantage."

"Bullshit!" He said raising his voice which was so unlike him.

I crossed my arms as I bit my lip and he sighed in frustration.

"I like you just as much. Sorry I'm not good at showing that."

I shrgged, "I mean, ok? What do you want me to say?"

"I guess nothing." He grumbled before walking off.

I breathed in deeply before turning around only to see Garrett and John watching a few feet away.

I shrugged with a weak grin and they walked to me, "Well, I feel bad for the kid." John stated.

"Why?!"

"Because, he does really like you. I talk to him remember?"

"So?! He's a douche." Garrett said quickly.

John rolled his eyes, "Come on Garrett, you know he really isn't. He just needs to quit drinking..."

Garrett shrugged at his comment and I quickly spoke up, "So what John?! I should just be like, OH it's cool you kissed someone although you knew I liked you?!"

"Well, not necessarily, but just don't shun him. He'll figure it out."

"Thanks for being team Kirch." I grumbled.

"Oh come on! You know I am, but you love him and you shouldn't give up on that. Maybe I sound sappy, but it's true."

"Don't you dare. Don't you ever give up." He added and I just started laughing, "Way to self promote."

"I don't know..." Garrett mumbled.

"Why? Do you like her or something?"

"What?! No." Garrett responded wide eyed and I laughed, "Chill. He's kidding."

"I need this tour to end." I added before walking away and into the venue so I could go ahead and get the merch set up. I didn't know where this was going to go after this disaster but I was unsure if I even cared anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Kennedy. :( sort of...ha.

Thanks fo commenting;
LovelyHope
Themaineislove (I know, me too and it's becoming a problem...lol)
Dakingsnake;
Decemberist (Sure! You can have him! Haha)