Through My Eyes

A Broken Heart

Brittany-
Yet another ordinary Saturday of my teenage life. Get up, get ready for work, go to work and come home. Not very exciting, but hey it’s my life. My scars showed through my bracelet cluttered arm. I sighed as I adjusted them. Almost a year ago I lost it and ended up cutting myself. That’s a different story. But long story short. I was pushed too far and did it. I groaned as my alarm went off. I hit the snooze button and sat up rubbing my eyes. I looked at my phone. Excitement ran through my veins giving me a sudden burst of energy.
“YES!” I yelled and jumped off my bed. Today was the day my best friend was getting home from his band’s tour. It was a long three months, but he was finally coming home. I turned on my iPod and started dancing.
“Someone is happy.” My mother laughed as she walked past my room.
“He comes home today. Of course I’m happy.” I grinned. I looked at the clock. “Crap.” I raced to my closet and pulled out my uniform and changed quickly. Running into the bathroom I almost slipped and fell on the rug. I quickly brushed my hair before pulling it back into a sloppy bun. I grabbed my phone and car keys and ran out of my room.
“You’re going to be late!”
“I know, I’m leaving now. Bye Mom.” I yelled as I ran down the stairs. I jumped off the last few and nearly flew out the door to my car.
“Bye honey.” She waved. Pulling out of the driveway I looked both ways before getting on the street. I turned up the radio. When I finally got to work and I went directly to my work station. The puppies. It wasn’t a great job, didn’t pay well, but I love animals. It was well worth my time. Work went by as usual, slowly. The little kids stopping by the puppies begging their parents to buy one was a favorite part of mine. Then the occasional family would come in and actually buy one. There was one that had my heart. I got to name him. Toby. Toby was an aussie husky mix. He was the sweetest dog ever. When I would come in he’d run to the front to see me and when I would go to the back he’d be sitting there. After a long day of cleaning out the puppy areas and taking care of the customers it was time for me to go home. Smelling of wet dog I climbed in my car and drove home.
“Mom, I’m home.” I said as I walked through the door. I heard her talking to someone and I looked into the kitchen to see her on the phone.
“Here, I need you to run and grab some milk.” She handed me some money. I nodded and headed out again. I got to the store and grabbed the milk. It wasn’t far from the house. As I entered I saw a few people who went to my high school. We talked briefly about how our summers were going so far and how we were excited for college in the fall. I grabbed the milk before paying and leaving. When I got in my car and started it I head WATIC playing. I turned it up and started belting out the lyrics to “Lights Out” along with Tay and Jordan. The song finished as I pulled into my driveway. As I walked in the house I heard familiar voices, the Hurley’s.
“Hey Court. Hi Mr. and Mrs. Hurley.” I smiled.
“Hello Brittany. Hard day at work?” Mrs. Hurley laughed. “And for the last time call me Kathy. We’ve known each other forever.”
“Sorry Kathy and yeah, I’m covered in dog hair.” Courtney sat with her mother in the kitchen. While my brother and her father were in watching television. I placed the milk in the refrigerator. I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. I looked up to see my best friend. “Cameron!” I jumped into his arms.
“Hey Brit.” He chuckled. “I missed you.”
“I thought you were coming home later tonight?”
“What I can’t surprise my best friend?”
“Nope.” I giggled.
“I’m telling you, those two will be married one day.” Our mothers said in unison causing everyone but Cameron and I to laugh, we just blushed.
“Anyway. I got you a little surprise.” He pulled me over to the couch. “Sit and close your eyes.” I did as I was instructed. I felt a pressure in my lap and I opened my eyes.
“Toby!” I grinned and hugged Cameron. “Thank you, so much Cam. I love it.” He smiled down at me.
“I’m glad.” He said. “Come on, I need some biffle time.” He pulled me up and grabbed Toby’s leash.
“Okay. We’ll be back later.” I said and we walked out the door. “So…”
“What?”
“How was the tour?” I asked excitedly.
“Great!” We started down the driveway as I held on to my dog’s leash. He was finally back and maybe, just maybe I’d have the courage to tell him the truth. His next words shattered my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the deal. For every comment i get, i will post one chapter. so here's chapter one. comments pleasee!!

***note this was edited, and i added to it***