Through My Eyes

Maybe I Am

Brittany-
He met a girl. I was happy that he was happy with someone after his ex dumped him. She broke his heart. I hated seeing him so down. She cheated on him and he caught her the day he was going to tell her he loved her. However part of me wasn’t happy and wished he was with me. I was jealous. I wished it was me. Yeah we have a four year age difference, but we know everything about each other. Minus the fact I’m in love with him. We were always inseparable. We were best friends. Always were. I stood there speechless. It stung knowing that he had a girlfriend. Even more knowing that I could probably never be his girlfriend.
“Brit? You okay?” He snapped me out of my thoughts.
“Yeah, I’m fine.” I put on a fake smile. That was one thing I was good at. Faking a smile.
“I’ve known you forever; I know when you’re lying. What’s the matter?” He put an arm around me.
“Nothing Cameron.” I said harshly and pulled out of his embrace. I didn’t mean to snap at him like that. It’s not his fault, he doesn’t know. I started walking away. I walked down the street to my house and slammed the door shut when I got home. Running up to my room I slammed the door behind me again. I put my iPod on full blast and ignored the world around me. Toby jumped up on m bed and nudged me with his nose. I looked at him. He’s probably the one thing I can’t be mad at right now. He still reminded me of Cameron. Someone knocked on my door but I ignored them. They knocked louder.
“Brit, open up it’s me, Courtney.” She said over the music. I sighed and turned off my music and opened the door for her. “What happened?”
“Nothing. I’m fine.”
“Then why aren’t you with Cam? You just left him there.”
“So?”
“You two are best friends. He spends most of his free time with you. Yet you’re in here.”
“He has a girlfriend.” I mumbled.
“I thought he was- what?” She looked at me puzzled then her face changed to a sympathetic expression.
“He. Has. A. Girlfriend.” I said slowly.
“He’s all but told me he’s in love with you. I don’t get it.”
“There’s a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone.”
“He feels bad you know; he doesn’t know why you stormed off like that or what he did.”
“Just don’t tell him anything please?” I pleaded. She smiled and nodded. My brother knocked on the door. He stepped through slowly.
“Why is my little sister up here crying?”
“Ugh.” I groaned and fell on my bed.
“Oh that. Come on, I missed my lil sis. Let’s go get ice cream.” He pulled me up and into a hug. I nodded.
“Can Toby come?”
“Who’s Toby? A new boy?” He winked.
“No he’s my new puppy.” I clipped his leash on and we walked downstairs. I saw my parents with Cameron’s parents who all looked worried. My brother went up to them and whispered something before looking at me then at Cameron.
“Ready to go?” He grabbed his jacket.
“Hey Alex?” I asked quietly as we got in his car.
“Yeah?”
“What do you think about the whole Cameron thing? I must be so stupid to like him. He’d never like me. I’m only the ‘friend’.”
“Brit, don’t say that. Everyone can see that you two have something there. He just doesn’t notice it.”
“He doesn’t notice it because there isn’t anything for him to notice.” I muttered.
“Come on, any guy who makes my sister this upset isn’t worth it.” He gave me a comforting hug.
“Thanks Alex.” I faintly smiled at him. If one thing could cheer me up it was my brother. He was my best friend. He knew how I felt toward Cameron. Well a lot of people did. He knew from the beginning.

Cameron-
I didn’t understand why she stormed off like that. I really didn’t. Slowly I trudged back to the house. As I opened the door I saw her, her brother and my sister walk down the stairs. She didn’t bother to make eye contact with me. My sister simply glared at me. Her brother said something to his parents before they all looked at me. Brittany walked past me and to the car. Every time she was hurting, it made me hurt. I loved the girl. Maybe even more than I thought. I think I might be in love with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
so i got a comment! so that means a chapter :) thanks for the feed back <3
~Brittany