Status: Comments=Updates!

Alpha Vs. Alpha

Chapter One

Who would have thought that all it would have taken was a single phone call to change the basis of my entire life?

I, sure as hell, didn't.

For what seemed like the billionth time that day, I let out a very unhappy sigh. It had been nearly two weeks since my father had received that phone call. The one that started the timer for the end of my happy, peaceful life.

I slumped back in my seat, a scowl upon my face, ear buds in my ears blasting away to Slipknot as we headed for our new destination. Our new home. I rolled my eyes at that. This defiantly wouldn't feel like home to me.

Home was where the sun shone brightly through the window of my three story bedroom. Where the sound of the early morning traffic woke you and the smell of maple pancakes and yummy bacon greeted you. Where you were surrounded by the people who you cared for most.

This place we were heading for was defiantly not home.

It was a prison. A hell that I'd be trapped in till I was legally old enough to be on my own. It was cold and deserted. A fairly small town near the outskirts of civilization. This place looked like one of those shitty towns you saw in movies that looked as if the world just didn't care for them anymore.

Feeling a rough tap on my leg, I yanked out my ear bud and turned to glare at my 19 year old brother, Dylan. He rolled his eyes at my grumpy face and motioned towards my window. Turning back, I felt disgust flare within me. Standing before my window was an old, rotten looking two story house that ragged bushes all along the front yard.

Leave it to Dad to find a new home improvement project for Mom. I thought, bitterly as I pushed my door open.

I slowly climbed out of our red Expedition and slammed the door shut behind me. Following my dad to the back of the car, I waited as he started to pull out our suitcases. My dad shot me an apologize smile which I simply rolled my eyes to. I was surprised his lips hadn't started aching him yet; he'd been shooting me those smiles most of the ride here.

I waited for him to hand me my purple leopard print suitcase before I begrudgingly trotted towards my new 'home.' I could hear my parents muttered something about me, but I just ignored it. We were here now and there was no point to standing out here and arguing with them. I learned along time ago to just shut up and deal with it.

Dylan chuckled at me as I looked around the house with distaste. The inside didn't look nearly as bad as the outside, but it could still use some touch ups. The paint on the living room walls had begun to start peeling. The floor boards made a horrible creaking noise which I was more than sure would be keeping me up at night.

Placing my suitcase beside the stairway, I continued to have a tour of the house. I walked towards the kitchen and pushed the door open. I grimaced as the smell of mildew and mold hit my nose. Resisting the urge to gag, I swiftly turned on my heel and rushed out the kitchen.

I shook my head as I decided to go check out the rooms. Ignoring my family as I grabbed hold of my suitcase, I made my way up the stairs. It didn't take me long to find my room. It was the one at the end of the hall; the only one that didn't look as if it needed Extreme Makeovers to come ad take a crack at it.

I dropped my suitcase by the door and headed back down stairs to collect the rest of my things. I knew it was going to take my mom a couple of weeks before we'd be able to put any kind of furniture in this house so I was going to have to settle for using an air mattress for the time being.

I never really understood why we couldn't have just moved here after my mother had this house up and running. I had already know the only reason Dad had gotten this beat up old house was because it was his way of kissing ass to my mother. She wasn't exactly happy with the news of us moving either, but she's easier to please than I am.

"Diane, hold on. Your mother and I want to talk to you." My dad stopping me as I headed towards the stairs.

I groaned, already knowing what that meant, while my brother chuckled beside me. He grabbed the boxes I had been carrying and gave me a slight bump with his hip. "Go on."

"Yeah, yeah." I muttered as I headed back outside.

When my mom saw me coming, she shot me a weak smile. I didn't return it. Looking to my dad, I waited for him to tell me what he wanted. My parents were arely ever serious or strictful, but when they were, it wasn't something I normally liked.

Especially when it came from my dad.

"What's up?" I muttered, when it was obvious neither of them were going to speak first.

"How do you like the place so far?" My mom beamed as she looked pver the house.

"It's crap." I monotoned, keeping my eyes on my dad.

"Oh, isn't it?!" My mom squeaked with delight, clapping her hands together.

"Yeah," I muttered, "what did you call me for?"

"You could at least pretend to be excited." My mom snapped, rolling her eyes at my moodiness.

"And you could stop trying to avoid the subject and just answer me!" I snapped back, feeling fulling irritated now.

"Diane Marie!" My dad shouted at me, causing me to flinch a bit. "Apologize right now."

I turned my glare toward my dad and growled. "Apologize? For what?"

"For being rude to your mother! And don't you dare take that tone with me!"

"Will you just tell me what the hell you want with me so I can go back to wallowing in my self-pity alone?!" I shouted back, ignoring his statement.

My dad glared as he rubbed his temples. Both my parents knew just how stubborn and moody I could get; I took after my father after all. My mom sighed as she walked towards my dad's side and gently rubbed his shoulders.

I knew my dad was a bit hurt that I was so upset, seeing as how I was a big Daddy's girl, but could he really blame me?! He practically ripped me away from the only life and place I had ever known and tossed me into this dump and he expects me to be happy about it! I growled as I looked at my dad expectantly.

"We called you out here to tell you not to stay up too late." My mom said, gently.

"Why?" I asked, a little apprehensive for their answer.

"Because you start school tomorrow morning at Hollows High." My dad said, authority covering his tone.

I looked at both my parents in shock. Were they serious?! By the looks on their faces, I knew they were. Rage filled me as I stared at my parents. Turning on my heel, I childishly stomped back towards the house. I couldn't believe it! I couldn't believe them! Slamming the door to my new room, I slumped down onto my air mattress.

This place was defiantly not a home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a new story! Comments are very much appreciated!