Status: Comments=Updates!

Alpha Vs. Alpha

Chapter Two

Beep, beep, beep.

Beep, beep, beep.

Beep, be--


Roughly slamming my hand down on my alarm clock, I let out a groan. I groggily pulled myself from my warm and comfortable air mattress. I let out a yawn as I got off my bed. I honestly was not a morning person.

Goosebumps hit my skin as I walked across the cold floor barefooted. Despite it being late September, It was still pretty cold in the old house. I groaned as I rushed to do my business in the restroom, before hurrying back to my room.

Dread filled me as I caught sight of the stupid school uniform. My mom had come t give it to me last night and let's just say it didn't go over so well. Now don't get me wrong I have no problem following the rules and wearing a NORMAL uniform, but this...this uniform was something else!

I silently cursed to myself as I quickly stripped and changed. I was well aware that at any minute my mom would be rushing over to come and wake me up. And no sooner than the thought had left my mind did I hear the floorboards creak. I rolled my eyes as I finished putting on my shoes.

Grabbing the blazer that came with my uniform, I opened my bedroom door before my mom could knock. Surprise filled her eyes as I brushed past her. I was still upset with my parents so I didn't see the point to having any small talk with them.

Glancing down at my wrist watch, I groaned. It was already going to be 7:30. That meant Dad was up and getting ready to leave the house. Shaking my head, I rushed down the stairs and nearly knocked my brother over.

Dylan groaned as he grabbed hold of my arm. "My bad."

"What's the rush? I thought you didn't want to go to school." He chuckled, as he turned to pick up his books.

"I don't." I muttered back.

Dylan started laughing at my response. He always seemed to find the funny side of everything, which is why I loved him so much. Dylan hated having awkward moments or wasting time being upset. He'd rather laugh it off and move on to the next chapter of his life.

I rolled my eyes at that. Deciding it was best to just find my dad so he could take me to school, I walked around Dylan. And that's when I heard him cuss under his breath. I felt his strong hand grab hold of my elbow and forcefully turn me around.

Dylan's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets when he took in my uniform. I cringed, feeling the exact same way.

"Dad!" Dylan roared, stomping off to where ever my father was, dragging me with him. "Dad!"

"I'm in the living room!" Came the distant shout of my dad's voice.

"Dad, what the hell is this?" Dylan shouted, pulling me forward so my dad could see me.

"Um, your sister?" My dad answered, looking at Dyl in confusion.

I rolled my eyes. "No shit, he meant the uniform."

"Language!" My dad snapped, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Dee is not going to school looking like this!" Dylan snapped, gaining my dad's attention again.

"And why not?"

"She looks like she just came out of a porn flick! I am not letting my baby sister go to school looking like this! They might try to steal her virginity!

My cheeks flared up at the mention of my virginity. This conversation had defiantly taken an awkward turn! My dad shifted in his spot, looking just as uncomfortable with the subject as I felt. Turning to glare at my idiot brother, I gave him a much deserved punch to his arm.

Immediately, he jerked back from me and groaned. "What the hell was that for?!"

"Leave my virginity out of this."

"But Dee--"

"No, buts. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get to school." Turning my glare to my father, I gave him a pointed look. "Are you ready?"

My dad nodded, muttering something about kids nowadays and what not. I rolled my eyes as I gave my brother a quick peck on the cheek and rushed out the front door.

*+*+*+*

After an 15 minute drive of uncomfortable silence, we pulled up to the school. I felt the nerves flare to life within my stomach as I took in the giant castle-like school. You would think for the school being so big and for the rich, they would at least be able to fix up the town.

I shook my head as I pulled the handle on my door. I grabbed my handbag as I hopped off the seat and slammed the door shut. Not even turning to wave my dad off, I made my way up the hill. I knew my dad would be hurt that I was acting this way, but I didn't find it in myself to care.

If he didn't care that he was ruining my life, why should I care if I hurt his feelings? The wind blew hard against me causing me to pull the blazer tighter against my body. It took my about five minutes to reach the front of the school and by then, my mood had went from bad to worse.

As I walked towards the front doors, I could feel the entire school staring me down. Feeling even more subconscious than before, I put a little more speed into my walk. Was it seriously that rare that this school ever got any new students?

Taking a quick glance at the student body, I quickly realized why. It looked as if you either had to be really rich or know someone really rich to get into this school. Holding back a snort, I kept my chin held high as I reached the front doors.

Ignoring the unnerving stares, I quickly pulled the doors open and sighed in relief as the warm air greeted me. Looking around, I stared at the inside of the school in awe. It looked as if every came straight from one of those decor magazines. It honestly didn't even feel as if I were standing inside a school.

Deciding it was best to get my schedule before the bell rang, I started on my quest for the main office. It took me about two minutes to find it. Walking over to the huge sigh that read, "Main Office," I stopped by the receptionist window and waited for the lady to notice me.

"May I help you?" She asked, without looking up from her computer.

"Hi, my name is Diane Ross. I'm a new student here." I said, politely.

"And?" She asked, seeming uninterested, her attention still focused on her computer.

Which annoyed me to no end.

"And I'd like it if you wouldn't mind doing your job and giving me my schedule so I can find my classes before the bell rings." I snapped, keeping a sweet smile plastered on my face.

The receptionist's head snapped towards me so fast I was surprised she hadn't gotten whiplash. Her eyes turned into a glare as she took me in. I kept the smile on my face, knowing it would piss her off. She muttered something under her breath as she went through a filing cabinet, before pulling out a manila folder with my name on it.

She opened up the folder and pulled out three sheets of paper. Rudely slamming them down on her desk, she kept her glare fixed on me. Collecting my papers from the slot, I sent her one last smile and turned away from her.

Looking down to the papers, I noticed one was my schedule, the other was my locker and map of where it was located, and the last paper was a map of the school. Glancing at my wrist watch, I sighed. I still had about 20 minutes before the bell was going to ring for first class.

I readjusted my book bag as I looked over the map of the school. Once I was sure I had the map committed to memory, I decided to go look for my locker. And as my luck would have it, it was located on the third floor, farthest away from all my classes.

I groaned as I quickly put in the combination for my lock and pulled the door open. Opening my book bag, I started to throw in the books I wouldn't need till after lunch. I sighed as I slammed my locker shut and looked over my schedule once more.

1st- Art

2nd- Science

3rd- English

4th- Government

Lunch

5th- Math

6th- World History

7th- Gym

I groaned. So, it looked like I'd be starting the day off with my favorite subject and ending it waith my least favorite subject. Awesome! (Note the sarcasm.) I groaned as I started off in the direction of my art class.

I could still feel the curious stares of my peers as I walked down the hall. It was really starting to annoy me. I was not that fascinating that they had to keep gawking at me. I mean seriously, it's as if they've never had a new student at this school before.

I shook my head. Oh, what I wouldn't give to be back home in my sunny California, instead of here in the shitsville of this washed up old city.

The sound of someone clearing their throat bought me back to reality. Looking up, I came face to face with one of the most gorgeous and arrogant faces I had ever seen in my whole life. His eyes were a crystal blue that swirled with annoyance as he stared down at me. His skin was dark tan despite the fact that there was almost no sun. His lips were pulled back in an irritated frown.

Drifting my eyes over to his friends, I noticed how the guys looked almost exactly the same as him. What the hell were they feeding these boys? They girls didn't look to different, either. They all had the same tan and athletic build.

"Can I help you?" I asked, looking back to the one who had cleared his throat.

He didn't answer me at first. He just seemed to stare at me as if he couldn't believe something. I watched him with a raised eyebrow. After what seemed like a couple of minutes, I sighed in annoyance.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

That seemed to snap him out of it. He turned his glare on me and growled. "Are you lost?"

"Not according to the map I was given."

"Go home. We don't allow trash at our school." The guys growled at me, causing me to narrow my eyes at him.

"Are you serious? Look, pal, I don't know what the hell your problem is, but back off. Last I checked, this is a school where you come to learn. So move your peppy ass out of the way and let me do just that." I snapped, roughly pushing past him and into the classroom.

Ignoring the glares I was now getting from the rest of the students, I made my way to the back and took a seat. I had a feeling that the rest of this day was just about to get worse.


♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter two! =) Comment please!