Status: Comments=Updates!

Alpha Vs. Alpha

Chapter Three

By the time lunch had rolled around, I was seriously ready to commit homicide. It was annoying enough that I had the whole entire student body sending me dirty glares, but the teacher also seemed to have an attitude with me.

Throughout my classes, I was either being ignored by the teachers, singled out on a question I was somehow expected to know(even though this was only my first day!), or I was being gossiped about by the students. It was starting to give me a serious migraine.

I groaned as I slumped down on one of the vacant lunch tables near the back of the cafeteria. I was so freaking annoyed and exhausted. Take a quick rest, I crossed my arms on the table and laid my head down. I honestly couldn't wait to get home.

A sudden vibration in my pocket caused me to let out another groan. If I had to guess, it was probably Julie texting me. Pulling my phone from my pocket, i felt a smile tug at my lips as the screen flashed with my best friends name on it.

Sliding my finger across the screen, I waited for the message to load. Sure enough, there was a picture of my three dorky friends at lunch back in my old school. The caption underneath the photo read, "We miss you, biotch!<3"

I chuckled at that. Leave it to my crazy best friend to sense just when I need a pick-me-up. Typing back a message, i quickly sent it to her and put my phone away. The little lift in my spirits was sure to be brought back down in about three minutes.

I let out a short growl as I glared at the same jerk from this morning, who was making his way over here, with some sort of slutszilla on his arm. Rubbing my temples, I silently cursed my dad again for making us move. I was defiantly going to add another week to my silent treatment towards the old man.

"What do you guys want?" I muttered.

"What makes you think we want something from you?" The jerk sneered.

"Gee, I wonder."

Deciding it was best to just end the conversation as it was, I quickly slung my bok bag over my shoulder. I got up and gave them all one last glare, before I turned on my heel and walked out the cafeteria.

I looked at my watch and sighed. I still had about 15 minutes before the bell would ring for class so I headed towards my locker. Math was next and I was a little apprehensive about going. My first four classes had been hell to sit through; I could only guess this one would be worse.

I quickly put in my combination and pulled my locker door open. Grabbing the supplies I needed for math, I slammed the door. I was seriously tired. I just wanted to go home and crawl into my bed. Luckily for me, my mom had promised that my room would be the first one she'd work on. I guess she thought it would help me get over the move.

Fat chance.

After finding my math class, I slowly pulled the door open. As I had expected, the room was mostly empty aside from one another student sitting in the way back. I arched an eyebrow as I looked him over. If I had to describe him, I'd say he looked like the delinquent type. His hair was a strange mix of black and grey.

I took a deep breath as I walked down the isle and sat at the desk to his right, the one by the corner of the classroom. The slight sound on music met my ears as I fixed by books on my desk. Closing my eyes, I focused on what the music and smiled.

"Rammstein?" I couldn't help but ask, causing the boy to turn and look at me, a bit shocked.

I was surprised he had heard me. "You know Rammstein?"

"Yeah, my best friend and I took a trip to German last summer to see them perform." I smiled at the memory.

"Really?! That's so awesome! I've always wanted to go to one, but the 'rents wouldn't let me." He grumbled, causing me to chuckle.

"I almost had to beg mine to let me go." The boy laughed as I held out my hand. "I'm Diane, by the way."

"Dean. So, you're the new girl I take it?" He asked, shaking my hand.

"Is it that obvious?"

"Yeah, we don't get many new students here."

"I've noticed." I grumbled.

He chuckled at my sour face. "So, how has your first day been so far?"

"I've had better. It felt like everyone was out to get me." I complained. "You're actually the first person whose talked to me today. Well, at least in a friendly way."

"Ah, I take it you've meet Bryce then?" Dean laughed.

"About yea' high, has an arrogant expression, and acts as if the world revolves around him?" I muttered. sarcastically.

"That be him."

I opened my mouth to retort some not so friendly words about this Bryce guy, when the bell wet off signaling that class had started. I sighed in annoyance. Great, another class to sit through with the students giving me ugly looks.

Dean chuckled at my expression, causing me to shoot him a playful glare. He rolled his eyes as he put his headphones away. I turned my attention to the front of the class as the students started to fill in the classroom. The teacher had entered before the bell had went off, but he didn't seem to pay us any attention.

A groan escaped my lips as I noticed Bryce and his posse enter the classroom. Oh, sweet baby Jesus, what had I ever done so wrong to deserve this? Bryce's eyes met mine almost automatically. His expression hardened as he stared me down. I just sent him a sweet smile and turned back to face the front.

Apparently, that was the wrong move to make. Less than a minute later, I could hear Bryce's obnoxious voice in front of me. Resisting the urge to slam my head down on my desk, I tried my hardest to ignore him. I only had three classes left and I was determined not to let this jerk ruin it for me.

The feel of a warm hand on mine caused me to look up at Dean. He sent me a smile and I instantly felt better. I smiled back at him and mouthed a 'thank you' as the teacher called the class's attention. Turning to face the teacher, I heard the distant sound of a growl.

"Okay, class. Let's all settle down. Please pass yesterday's homework to the front." The teacher, Mr. Marsh, instructed.

I sat back in my seat and watched as the other students handed over their homework assignments. Mr. Marsh looked over in my direction and sent me a polite smile. I smiled back, feeling relieved that he hadn't just completely ignored me like some of my other teachers had.

Once all the papers had been collected, Mr. Marsh called me to his desk. Doing my best to ignore the stares again, I quickly walked over to him.

"Yes?" I asked, politely.

"Here this packet has a review of what we've been covering before you transferred in. Just fill out what you know and hand it back in within the week."

"Ah, thank you, Mr. Marsh."

Mr. Marsh just smiled and shooed me off back to my seat. I tried to hold in a smile as I walked back to my desk, completely ignoring Bryce who was glaring daggers at me. Maybe the rest of this day wouldn't be as bad as I had thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are appreciated!