Status: Comments=Updates!

Alpha Vs. Alpha

Chapter Six

Pain.

That's the first thing I felt the minute I gained consciousness. Mind blowing, stomach churning pain. I felt like I had been used as a cutting board. My breathing became ragged as I fought to open my eyes. I wanted to scream in agony, but I couldn't.

I can't even open my eyes, let alone move. What the hell was going on? The last thing I remembered was waiting at the school for my dad. A groan escaped my lips as I tried to force myself to remember what had happened to me.

The sound of feet shuffling alerted me that someone else was in the room with me. I groaned again as i tried to pry my eyes open.

"Diane? Baby, are you okay?" The sound of my brother's voice warmed me as I felt the pain start to subside.

"D..Dyl? Wh-what happened? Where am I?" I croaked out, my voice coming out hoarse.

"Shh, don't strain yourself." he fussed, as I slowly tried to open my eyes.

The minute I did, I snapped them shut again. It was too bright in here. I groaned as I rubbed my temple with my good hand. I distantly heard Dylan shuffling around, but my head hurt too much to see what he was doing.

My entire body felt stiff and uncomfortable. I could feel my left shoulder burning as I tried to flex it. Memories burned my brain as I tried my hardest to remember last night. After a moment, I laid back on the bed frustrated. What happened to me?

And as if to answer my question, a knock sounded on the door to my hospital room. Letting out a croaky, 'come in', I listened as the heavy door slide open and the sounds of footsteps followed. Cracking my eyes open a peek, I noticed that the lights had been dimmed.

Opening my eyes fully, I looked over I see who was in the room. Standing beside me to my left, a bit protectively, with a scowl on his face was Dylan. Standing to my right side was a man in a white lab coat(the doctor, obviously) and, to my surprise, sitting against the wall directly behind him was Bryce.

What in the world was he doing here?! I might have expected to see Dean, but Bryce? Really? Gently shaking my head, I turned to face the doctor. He was currently looking over some papers on a clipboard. The silence in the room was deafening as I waited for the doctor to say something.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Wolfe. How are you feeling, Ms. Ross?" He asked, causing me to sigh.

"How do you think?" I snapped, as a sharp pain coursed thru my shoulder.

"Diane!" My brother chastised me.

"It's fine. All patients react differently when in pain. I apologize. Would you like some morphine?"

Before I could answer, Dylan beat me to it. "Pain killers don't have any effect on her. Something about her having a high metabolism so it burns off too quick to take effect. "

Dr. Wolfe looked at me as if he were thinking something over. I shifted uncomfortably at his stare and the pain I was feeling. I felt as if I was some sort of freak with how he was staring me down. There was something about this man that emit a sense of power. Looking into his eyes, I couldn't help but feel the power grow slightly stronger and more dangerous.

He didn't like that I was staring him down. A small part of me was compelled to look away, but for some strange reason I couldn't. I felt annoyed that he would dare to even stare at me that way. I felt something deep within me keeping my eyes rooted to his. An it wasn't until Dylan called for Dr. Wolfe's attention did he pull away. And with a scowl might I add.

"My apologizes. This is something that's not very common. How long have you had this condition?" He asked, turning to face me again.

"Since birth, I guess." I muttered, feeling uncomfortable under Bryce's stare.

"Interesting. "

"You know what would be more interesting, Doc? If you could tell me what the hell is wrong with me and why I'm here?"

"Watch your mouth, Ross!" Bryce growled, jumping up from his seat.

"Mind your own business, Bryce. Why are you even here in the first place?!" I snapped, "Weren't you the one telling me to get out of your school and that I was just trash!"

Bryce cringed at my words. "Look, about that I'--"

"Apology not accepted. Can we please move this along? This hospital smells."

Dylan face palmed himself as he shook his head at me. I was in pain, I was tired, and I didn't want to be here anymore. I was feeling conflicted at the moment. Aside from the pain I was in and the confusion I felt, I was also hurt that through all this, my father wasn't even here. It felt like he didn't even care.

Without thinking, I grabbed Dylan's hand. He gave my hand a slight squeeze which made me feel a little bit better. The sound of a low growl caused me to look at Bryce in shock. His eyes were glaring at mine an Dylan's entwined hands.

"Well, it looks as if you were attacked. We're not sure what did it. But luckily for you, a good friend of my son's found you before you could bleed out." Dr. Wolfe said, causing me to pull my eyes from Bryce.

"What could have attacked my sister so savagely?" Dylan asked, his voice tight with anger.

"It was probably a stray pack of dogs or something."

"Well what was the damage?" I asked, changing the subject. Something about what he had just said didn't feel right with me.

"You have a couple of scratches on your legs and arms, but they should heal nicely so long as you don't put too much strain on them. The biggest injury you had was done to your shoulder. Luckily, whatever attacked you didn't bite deep enough to cause any nerve damage. But you will have some scarring."

"When will I be able be able to leave?"

"I want to keep you one more night for observation and if everything looks good in the morning, I'll send you home."

Letting out a heavy sigh, I gave him a curt nod and laid back on the bed. I was feeling exhausted already. Dylan leaned over and gave me a small kiss to my forehead. I smiled weakly at him as he turned to follow Dr. Wolfe out the door.

Leaving me and Bryce all alone.

I sighed as I made myself comfortable on the stupid hospital bed. All I wanted was to go back home where my best friends were and I was actually wanted. I mean seriously, my first day home and already I've been bullied by some arrogant ass, forgotten by my own father, and attacked by a bunch of wild animals. How bad could my luck get?

I had to grit my teeth as pain shot throughout my body again. I distantly heard the sound of feet shuffling and the feel of a hand resting against my good shoulder. The warmth from his hand instantly made the pain go away. Letting out a shaky breath of relief, I laid back on the bed.

"Thanks." I muttered.

"For what?" Bryce asked, his voice sounding bitter.

"Taking the pain away. I don't know how you did it, but thanks."

"Yeah. "

An awkward silence filled the room. Bryce was staring at me with such an intensity, I almost wanted to hide under the blankets. The look of desire and want in his eyes caused a shiver to travel down my spine. What was it about this kid that made me want him so bad despite the way he's treated me?

My eyes traveled over his whole face, taking him in like he was my own personal artwork. He was gorgeous and he knew it. A small smirk graced his lips as he watched me check him out. I felt as if I couldn't control my action. All I could think of was how perfect his lips would feel against my own. I hadn't even been aware that I was leaning towards him.

The sound of the door clicking pulled me from his stare, saving me from making a huge mistake. I quickly righted myself as Dylan walked into the room. He rose an eyebrow at how close Bryce was to me now since he was practically hovering over me. I sighed as I shook my head to him. Now was not the time for him to get overprotective.

"Hey, Di. Mom's here and you got some other visitors." Dylan said, glaring at Bryce.

I was about to ask what 'visitors' he was talking about when the door was pushed open and three very heavy bodies tossed themselves on me, causing me to hiss in pain. But did that stop these retards from squishing the life out of me? Of course not.

A low growl caught everyone's attention, making me once again turn to glare at Bryce. What did he think he was? Some kind of guard dog?!

"Shut it, Bry." I snapped, as he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Bry?" He asked, a smirk slipping onto his face.

Turning around and ignoring him, I turned my glare onto the three stooges attached to me. Dean and Sapphire gave me a sheepish smile while my mom just squeezed a littler tighter. I let out a low groan of pain.

Dylan chuckled as he tried to pry my mother off of me. I felt slightly better knowing at least one of my parents cared about my well being. Reluctantly, Mom let me go and quickly pulled a chair up to sit beside me and hold my hand in a death grip.

"Mom, I'm fine." I mumbled, as I tried to get myself comfortable again.

Sapphire had released me as well and sat down in the foot of my bed while Dean went ahead and made himself comfortable laying on my uninjured side. Dean wrapped his arm around my waist and snuggled closer to me, which in turn caused Bryce to growl again. Whipping my head to face him, I gave him the harshest glare I could muster.

"Stop growling like an overprotective guard dog!" I snapped, very annoyed.

"I am not a dog!" He snapped back.

"Then stop with the growling! Why are you even still here?"

"Because I'm worried about you!"

I snapped my mouth shut as I watched Bryce's face turn red at his confession. He was worried? But why? He was the one telling me he didn't want me at his school anymore. He was the one that had been an ass since I first him. So why the hell was he worried about me?

Could it be he felt the same strange things I did? Like the weird electrical sparks that seem to only form when we touch? Or the random urges I get to just want to jump his bones right here and now? I mean, sure I've had boyfriends before, but I've never been this strongly attracted to a stranger I had just met.

I groaned as I shook my head. Dean looked up at me and gave me a weak smile. I smiled back and gave him a small kiss on the cheek. I'm not exactly sure, but I felt grateful to have Dean beside me right now. It was weird. To feel so dependent on someone I had just met yet I couldn't for the life of me explain why.

"How are you feeling, Di?" My mom sweet voice invaded my brain.

"There's still a little pain, but I'm feeling better than when I woke up." I said, giving her a sweet smile.

"That's good. I'm so sorry about this. Your da--"

"It's fine." I snapped, cutting her off before she could finish.

I didn't wanna hear her make excuses for him. I would cross that bridge once I was allowed home.

"Yeah, but at least you're fine now." Dylan said, jumping in to save us from an awkward silence. "Although I wouldn't have minded being an only child."

"Oh shut up, Dyl!" I snapped, causing him to laugh.

"Hey! You're the one that always says live life on the edge!"

"So being attacked by wild animals is living life on the edge."

"Eh, YOLO." He replied with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes at his stupidity.

"Um, what's does that mean?" Sapphire asked, looking at us in confusion.

Dylan and I looked at each other once before the whole burst into laughter. Even Bryce, who had been sitting in his corner sulking, was chuckling at her.

This girl was defiantly best friend material.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chatper!

Comments make me update! ^.^