Sequel: Take Me With You
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

Getting Away With You

Surrounded By the Enemy

Everything happened much too fast. There was a gunshot from somewhere to Matt and I’s right, and it rung throughout the house as glass shattered. Matt brought me down to the floor, loads of bullets flying over us and more glass shattering around us. The hail of bullets stopped after a moment, but we both stayed crouched on the floor.

“What the fuck Chase?!” Jimmy whispered frantically. “We didn’t do anything!”

“Is it over?” I whispered, and Matt took in a shaky breath.

“I think so, but stay low. Okay?” I nodded in response and we both looked over at Jimmy, who was still on the phone.

“What? Brian- No, Brian didn’t do anything. He’s upstairs.” There was a pause in which Jimmy just shook his head. “Don’t- wait-” Jimmy sighed and leaned back against the counter, placing the gun on top of it.

“What?” I asked, worried of what Chase might have said now.

“Brian must’ve found a gun, because they opened fire because Brian shot Collin.” Jimmy said and something he said struck me. It wasn’t the fact that he said Brian had found a gun, it was the fact that he said ‘they’ opened fire.

“They?” Matt apparently caught this too.

“He has at least four people out there, if not more. They’re just lurking around, waiting for Chase’s call that tells them to open fire.” Jimmy said, but there was something else that was bothering me.

“How is he getting all of this access to a phone in prison?” I asked and Jimmy sighed, seemingly bewildered by the fact as well.

“Hell if I know.” He answered and the front door opened, and Jimmy grabbed the gun from the counter quickly, and stood up, pointing it at the walk way of the kitchen. Matt and I slowly rose to our feet, watching in fear of what was about to round the corner. A moment later, our fear subsided as Brian appeared, dragging a body behind him.

“Ji-” He stopped as he dropped the body, straightened up, turned around, and found that a gun was right against his forehead. “Jimmy, put that down and fucking help me!” He said, and Jimmy lowered the gun and looked at the man lying in the floor, shot dead by Brian.

“Why did you have to shoot Collin? He was not that bad of a guy; he was one person who may have actually tried to help us out of this mess.” Jimmy said, nudging his side with his foot.

“I don’t know, I thought he only had two guys. I was going to go out and shoot both of them. But Collin was up in a tree, and Dawson was stationed across the road in the woods. They didn’t even see me, but as soon as I aimed up at Collin, and pulled the trigger, suddenly this whole fucking convey of people started firing at the house, at least ten if not more. I stayed at the edge of the woods with Collin until they stopped firing and then I made a run for it. I know they saw me drag him in here, but I don’t think they cared.” He sighed, a tired tone in his voice, mixed with a dash of defeat. “They’re trying their hardest to hold back. Jimmy, Matt, they’re all out there.”

“Who’s all out there?” Matt asked, fear in his voice.

“Davie, Harriet, Ryin, Tyler, Larry, Gavet, Tommy…and more. I saw them. Everyone we’ve ever hurt, everyone we’ve ever been sent out to kill, and failed, or been ordered to threaten, they’re all out there trying their damnedest not to blow us all to hell and back before they get the call.” Brian stated quietly.

“Oh my god. All of them?” Jimmy groaned and Brian nodded sadly. “We’re fucked…”

“He’s hired our enemies to kill us because it’s a sure thing.” Matt sighed. “They’ve been wanting us dead now for years, and now they’re going to have the opportunity to finally put an end to us and take out all of their anger on the people they’ve been hurt by.” I looked up at Matt as he said this, now even more concerned than before.

“So what does this mean?” I asked, looking at all three of them. “That we’re in more danger than we were a few minutes ago?” I was hoping I was wrong. I was hoping we would be able to survive. I was hoping this was just a nightmare. But sadly it wasn’t.

“Yea, and it also mean that we all need a way of protecting ourselves, and we can’t really do that with only two guns.” Brian said, taking the gun out from behind him and checking to see how many bullets he had before looking back up. “Okay, Matt, Jimmy, you two go down to Sonny’s place in town, he basically has a whole artillery in his basement over there, he can loan us out some weapons. Just explain why we need them and maybe he can even get some of his guys to help us. There’s no one he hates more than Chase.” Brian instructed and Jimmy nodded, but Mat had someone else on his mind.

“Brian, if I come back and there’s one scratch on Danielle I swear I will do more than just scratch you.” Matt growled at Brian and I held back a smile that was dying to form on my lips.

“I’ll keep her safe, just go and watch your back,” Brian said, his voice getting even more serious. “If they see you make one suspicious move, you’ll be dead before you even see them.” Brian said and Matt and Jimmy nodded. Matt turned to me.

“Stay as close to Brian as possible, and keep an eye out. If you hear a gunshot that’s not from Brian, hit the floor. I’ll be back soon.” He said, and I nodded and hugged him, wrapping my arms tightly around his torso.

“Be careful.” I whispered. I truly didn’t know what I’d do without him.

“Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine.” He pulled away and smiled at me. “I’ll be back.”

“Let’s go.” Jimmy said, and I watched as Matt followed him out of the room, seconds later the door opened and shut, and Brian took a deep breath, looking down at Collin’s body.

“Well, you ready to learn how to hide a dead body?” Brian asked me, and I shook my head.

“Not really.” Apparently ‘Not really.’ wasn’t a choice.

“I got him; you just open the basement door.” Brian said, and picked up the upper half of the man’s body. “Follow me.” Brian said, and I hesitated a moment before following him. He walked out of the kitchen and towards the stairs. I then saw a door that I hadn’t noticed before, right around the bend of the stairs to the back of them.

“Open it?” I asked and Brian nodded.

“We’re going to stow him away in one of the old fridges in the basement.” Brian said, and I walked around him and turned the knob to the door, and let it swing open, revealing a long staircase.

“Do you trust me enough to lead you down a long flight of stairs so you don’t fall backwards and break your neck?” I asked him, and he looked down the stairs, dropping the body with a sigh at the top of the stairs.

“Here’s the easy way to do this.” He gave Collin one good kick and let him tumble down the stairs, landing at the bottom with a sick noise. Brian started walking down in the dark, but after he took a few steps he realized I wasn’t following and he turned back to me. “C’mon.” Where we were, and because of how the door was positioned, not very much light fled down the stair well, making it kind of hard to see. Brian held his hand out and I took it. “Slowly.” Brian said and one by one we made it down the steps, where Brian let go of my hand, and I was about to begin calling for him as I stood in place, but soon the lights came on, and I saw in, standing just a few feet in front of me at the wall, where he had turned on the lights.

“Whoa.” I said, looking around at the maze of refrigerators that were placed throughout the large basement. “Why does he need so many refrigerators?”

“Freak’s associated with a gang down in Fort Lauderdale. He has a…special job.” Brian said, sounding a bit hesitant about telling me. Though, it didn’t take long for me to realize what was in all of the fridges.

“He stores dead bodies?” I asked, my voice going nearly silent.

“He’s a good guy, like us, he just…he didn’t have a choice.” Brian said and I nodded.

“So for the past few days we’ve been living above a morgue.” I stated, fearing what the creak could have been a couple nights ago.

“I guess you were going to find out about it sometime.” Brian said, and walked back over and grabbed Collin’s body. “We still have to hide him. Follow me, don’t get lost.” Brian said and I nodded as we began our quest through the meat locker of dead bodies.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Freak’s POV*^
I heard gun fire from down the road not too long ago, I could have sworn I did, but now that I’ve pulled up at my old house, there’s no sign there been any type of shootout. Lord knows those guys are in a lot of shit, so I expected the worst. I jumped out of my convertible and looked around, but I didn’t see anyone in sight. I jogged on across the lawn and to the front door. I brought my hand up to knock, but then remembered that this was my own home, and they probably wouldn’t even answer the door in fear it was someone else. I moved my hand to my back, ready to grab my gun and shoot if I opened the door and found someone who I didn’t know. I carefully nudged the door open, being very cautious. Danger, death, and caution seems to be the story of my life. The door swung open, but no one was in sight. I walked in, and spotted the door behind the staircase wide open. The door to the basement, aka, my graveyard. I walked over to the door and looked down the stairwell. I drew my gun and kept it out in front of me as I walked down the steps to the landing, where I began hearing voices.

“God you need to fucking try harder.” I heard Danni’s voice, she sounded strained and out of breath. “I know you have more in you than that.” I started walking towards her voice, wondering what she as doing down here.

“I’m trying, but you need to open it a little fucking wider.” Brian’s voice met my ears next. I immediately thought the worst. It didn’t sound good. At all. “Finally! I thought we’d never get it in there.” They were-…and while surrounded by dead people… “No, it has to be tight.” Oh my god.

“Well I am so sorry that apparently you’ve lost all of your strength.” Danni replied sarcastically, and there was a sound I couldn’t quite decipher. “C’mon, almost- no! Now we have to do it again!” I got closer to their voices.

“I told you not to let go!” Brian yelled, and for a few seconds I thought I was going to throw up.

“I didn’t let go! You stopped!” Danni screamed and I rounded the corner with my eyes closed.

“Okay, stop, you two need to do this somewhere else, please, just get some clothes on, and go upstairs to your room or something!” I said, but I didn’t expect what they said next.

“What? Freak, what are you talking about?” I opened my eyes slightly at Danni’s voice to see Brian and Danni, standing in front of me, fully clothed, a dead body lying between them. I let out a breath I didn’t even know I had been holding.

“Can you help us? We’re in a really fucking horrible situation and I had to shoot Collin, and keeps pushing the door open because he’s so heavy, and we can’t really hold the door and wrap the fridge at the same time.” Brian said and I nodded.

“Sure, I’m just glad you guys weren’t…” I trailed off. “Never mind.” I shook the thoughts from my head.

“Weren’t what?” Danni asked, and I shook my head, as I stood over Collin’s body.

“Nothing. Just, you two really need to watch what you say, I thought you guys were doing something else.” I said, and began helping Brian stuff the body in the refrigerator. We stood him up right and closed the door, and I put all of my weight on it to keep it from opening back up. Brian looked at me oddly, like he was trying to figure something out.

“Some- Oh god no!” Brian finally got it and he gave me a look that told me he was unearthed by my thoughts. Hell, even I was unearthed by them.

“You’re disturbed.” Danni told me, grabbing one of the large rolls of plastic cling wrap I had over in the corner for wrapping refrigerates from top to bottom. First; to keep them sealed tight, and second; to keep the smell of rotting flesh secured. That’s also why all of the fridges were packed with tons of baking soda.

“You’re not the first person to figure that out.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

W!ldFire
amodernmyth88
Zacky Vengeance;
shortygirl

xoxo, Saleigh