I Will Always Love You

Getting friendly part 1

By now it was noon almost 1 O' clock. After all the drama this morning, we all wanted to relax. Kim had made a very nice lunch for us. When we were done, I offered to do the dishes.
"Oh my sweet heart, no you should go get cleaned up," was Kim's reply. I wasn't going to argue, I certainly needed a nice shower. So I headed upstairs and into my room. First order of business was to put away my journal. After that I pulled out my phone to see if I had any messages. I had three new ones. One was from my partner in chemistry class.
"When can you come over to finish the project?" is what the message said. I didn't bother answering this one sense I wasn't going to be attending school anymore. The second and third one was from Bryan. Text number one read, "Hey, you weren't at school today, what's up?" then the second one from him read, "Sam, I'm getting worried, please call me, thanks." the first thing I do is text Bryan back.
"Yah I'm here and I'm fine, don't worry about me," is what I replied. Soon after I heard a knock on the door that kinda made me jump.
"Oh, sorry didn't mean to scare you," John said. "I thought I'd bring up some towels so you can get cleaned up for dinner, Kim insists on going out tonight,"
"Oh, alright, thanks Mr. Rhodes." I say as he puts the towels in the bathroom. Then he turns to me, "Oh dear," he said and smiled at me. "You can't keep calling me that."
I simply smile back, "What should I call you then?" he then starts to act like he is in a deep thought. The problem was he couldn't keep a strait face. So he started laughing then said, "Just call me John, or if you want, well, you could call me dad."
He seemed a little unsure about his last suggestion, spin decided to call him John.
"Alright well thanks for the towels Jo....."
"You know what," he interrupted. "Just call me dad." then gave me a wide smile.
"Well thanks for the towels, dad." he gave me the biggest smile in the world and pulled me into a bit bear hug. I hugged him back and thought, for once in my life, I can make someone happy.

After John had let me go and left, I decided to take a shower and check out the bathroom. Frat I pull out all my things in the bathroom that needed to be there. Then I got in for a quick shower, I wasn't sure of the time or when we would leave. When I got out I took my time getting dressed and explored the bathroom a little bit. When I was all dressed I walked over to the window above the bath tub. Only then did I realize that there was a hallway to my right that led to a huge glass door. As I walked closer to the door, I realized how big the door was. It was at least two feet over my head, and I'm 5' 4. When I got to the door I reached for the handle. I tried to pull it open, but it didn't budge. Finally I pushed it open and heard the large door creek open. Once it was open I slowly stepped out onto the landing. The landing was as wide as the doors plus the extra windows, it also went out quite a ways. I walked all the way out to the edge where the railing was. The sight I saw standing there was like no other, behind their house, there were endless rows of mountains. Huge mountains.
"Gorgeous, isn't it?" I heard a voice behind me say. I didn't need to turn around to know that it was Kim.
"It sure is," I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is only the first part of the third chapter.