The Plight

Chapter 5

Alex's Point of View:

In mid thought I hear a scream, and I look up to see a girl on the ground in front of the steps, and pinned against the building is her. I know it’s her, I’d know that face anywhere, and I know that guy that is holding her in place…he was my best friend Kyle.

I get ready to run to help her, but I stop in place and remember I am not supposed to be seen. I hear her scream again and I start to cry, and I’ve made up my mind.

I reach Kyle just in time to hold his hand back from punching her. “What the fuck?! Who grabbed my fist?!” Kyle turns around screaming in anger, but stops in his tracks, “Alex? Is that really you?”

“Yup, and you should have never messed with Serena!” I throw a punch right into his nose. I hear a snap, but that doesn’t stop me from throwing another one to his gut. “Never touch her again!”

Kyle hits the ground, and lies there for a few seconds, but looks back up at me. “Where have you been all night? You were reported missing.”

“I needed time to think, but I’ve settled on something, and I’m not changing my mind until I deem worthy.” I sigh, and can’t help but be glad I didn’t punch him too hard, because if I had punched him any harder he’d be unconscious right now.

I look at Serena lying there her lip is bleeding bad, and I swear if he ever touches her or messes with her again he will be drawing his last breath. I can feel my instincts taking hold, the instincts to protect her, and make sure nobody touches her.

As I walk up to her, I see her look up at me. She opens her mouth as if too speak, but nothing comes out. I bend down and hug her close to me, and I feel her heartbeat, and her warmth. I wish I weren’t the way I am, I wish I could be the one to protect her, but all I am is death. All I could ever give to her is a shortened life, and more pain.

The principal walks out and sees the scene before him, “Oh my god, what happened here?!”

Megan is the first to speak up, “These two boys attacked Serena and I, and pinned her against the building and Kyle punched her several times sir.”

“So why is Kyle on the ground bleeding?”

“That would be my fault sir.” I stand up and look him in the eyes, “I punched him because he had Serena pinned against the building, and I wasn’t going to let him attack her anymore.”

He nods, but then stops and stares at me, “Wait, aren’t you Alex Martin?”

I nod, “The one and only.”

He pulls out a cell phone and dials a number, and within minutes we hear sirens nearing.

I know for sure the cops will want me to explain why I disappeared, but I can’t do that. I look back at Serena, and I know I have to do something, but nothing comes to mind.

The cops arrive and I have no where to run too, so I guess I will have to lie. I hate lying, but no way am I telling the cops the true story; I can only guess how well that would go over.

So I walk over to Serena and hug her close to me, I kiss her forehead. I whisper into her ear softly, “I always loved you, I just never had the guts to say it. No matter what happens today, I will always love you, and I will always care about you.” She turns her head slightly to look at me, and she nods as best she can.

“Alex, please come with us.” The cops are very forceful about saying this, but at least they didn’t just grab me by the arms and drag me away.

I nod, and I follow them back to the patrol car where they call my parents. While we wait for my parents to get here they ask me all sorts of questions. Where was I this whole time? My answer was the woods. (Not a lie) Why did you leave for the woods in the first place? My answer: I needed time alone, and I got lost on my walk in the woods. (Total lie, I knew exactly where I was.)

My parents arrived, and greeted me with hugs, and the only thing I could think about was how quick I could get away from them. Don’t be fooled, I absolutely love my parents; I just don’t want them in harms way.

The cops take my parents aside and talk to them. By their expressions I can tell they aren’t happy with what they are hearing. So I tried to listen in, and you’d be surprised how much better my hearing is since last night’s accident.

“…he is a suspect in her murder, but we don’t know why he’d do that. I mean all his friends said that he loved her very much, but yet when we pulled up he was cuddled up next to that Serena girl.”

I start to cry, and the cops return to the car. “Alex, you are to go to class today, but when you get home from school you, your parents, and I are going to sit down and have a talk.”

“All right, but may I ask, what happened to Marissa?” I look at the cop expecting him to be surprised by this question, but he just grins an all knowing smile at me.

“We will talk about that this afternoon, but for now go back to class.” He points towards the doors.

I walk in the doors and find Serena sitting against a row of lockers crying. I sit next to her and hug her close, but all I can do to comfort her is to cry with her. So there we sit crying and I hold my neck with my hand, but the pain remains. It feels like fangs poking through the skin, it feels like someone partaking from my blood, but no one is there. I have felt this before three years ago, images of a man dressed in black flash through my head, so I begin to cry harder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 6 is almost done, but comment and tell meh wat you think?