Status: Active;

Its Safe To Say I Knew.

001.

I overheard Garrett's girlfriend, Chelsea on the phone with one of her friends. We had known Chelsea since freshman year but her and Garrett just started dating a few months ago.

"Wait you're at the airport right now?" she asked whoever was on the phone with her, "Okay, I'll be right there."

She hung up and came into the living room and grabbed her purse from the floor.

"Where are you going?" Garrett pouted.

"I've gotta go pick up Ella from the airport," she said.

"Ella?" Kennedy asked and everyone looked at me.

I just shrugged and kept watching TV.

"You won't be shrugging when I come back," she mumbled before kissing Garrett and heading towards the door.

"Wait why?" I asked.

"You'll see," she called out before closing the door behind her.

We all looked at each other, then to Garrett.

"Hey I don't know what she's talking about. I haven't asked her about Ella since before we started dating," Garrett said, "Last thing I knew was she was doing well but she was sick."

I bit my lip, thinking about what Chelsea could have possibly meant by that. I won't be shrugging when she comes back? Is that because I acted like I didn't care that she was coming? Because that's not true. Last time I talked to Ella was just over a year ago when we had a... complication in the bathroom at a party.

I just didn't understand.