Status: Active;

Its Safe To Say I Knew.

004.

This was going to be the hardest thing I had ever had to do.

I had to tell my parent's about Ella and Grace.

I wasn't excited for this at all.

I walked into my parent's house and called out to them, "Mom? Dad?"

"In here John," Mom said from the living room.

I went into the room and sat down. I just looked at them for a moment.

"What's wrong?" Dad asked.

"You guys remember Ella Kelly right? From high school?" I asked them.

"Pretty? Nice? Honest? Her parent's moved to Oregon after she graduated?" Mom rambled traits of Ella, all of which were true.

"Yeah," I nodded, "Well, a year and 3 months ago we had a thing at this party... And she's back in town now..."

"Are you two going to date?" Mom seemed too excited.

"Uh, well actually she kind of... She kind of had a baby..."

They were silent, they didn't respond for a long time.

"Who's baby?" Dad asked.

"My baby..."

They fell silent again.

"After she found out, she kept trying to get in contact with me... But I never called her back or answered her calls... We were on tour and I didn't even know what she had to say. We've agreed to try to do the whole parenting thing together, but I kind of need your guys' help," I said, drifting off and thinking of Ella and how badly it must have hurt for me to never contact her back.

"We're disappointed that you didn't call her back John, can you imagine having to go through that all by yourself?" Mom asked.

"I know Mom, I understand it was wrong but I really just want to move past it and not dwell on it, for Grace's sake."

"Grace? It's a girl," my mom's smile made both my dad and I smile.

"Yeah," I said, pulling my phone from my pocket and unlocking the screen and holding out the picture I had of Grace as my background.

"She's beautiful. Could we see her tonight? For dinner? We can come over and have dinner with all of you," Mom said, "We'll be over at 6."

"Okay," I shrugged, knowing there was no getting out of it now.

I just hoped that Ella could still handle my parents.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?