Status: Active

Sharp

Step by Step

"Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up," someone kept saying to me and shaking me.

"Go away," I muttered and shoved my head back into my pillow.

"You need to wake up. Your bacon is getting cold, and it's about to be devoured if you don't get up now," he said, shaking me more. "Nathaniel is going to eat it if you don't get up."

"He can go ahead. I'm not hungry," I said to Donny, turning my head to face him.

"Are you sure? Because you haven't ate since about twelve hours ago," he said. I nodded.

"I'll just get some toast and jelly." He nodded, and left the room. I slowly stood up and decided to attempt to walk. I was still pretty sore everywhere, but I could handle it.

I swung both of my legs over the side of the bed and saw them littered with cuts and bruises. Carefully, I looked everywhere else on my body to see the same. A big gash on my side that was stitched up made me very curious about what really happened. Also concerned, very concerned. Perhaps I should rest some more?

No, I made it this far, damn it. I slowly stood up and felt a bit tipsy and off balanced. Slowly I shuffled my feet out of the room, using every piece of furniture to keep me supported.
I walked down the hallway into an open living room and kitchen where Nathaniel looked over and his eyes bugged out when he saw me.

"You're suppose to be in bed still. You need to take it super easy," he said and getting up to help me sit down on one of the bar-stools.

"I'm fine. Just a bit sore and stitched up, but I can walk. I don't want to stay in a bed all day long," I told him.

"What about a couch?"

"Hell no. I need to move around. My neck and shoulders are getting pretty stiff," I said rubbing my neck.

"Here you go madame! Would you like some eggs, juice or any fruit?" Donny asked me, handing me a plate of toast.

"Any fruit juice will be fine." Nathaniel was still standing beside me with one hand on the counter and the other holding my side. "I'll have you know that I know how to sit and not fall off a bar-stool." I looked at him and he just stared at me. "What?"

"I'm worried about you. You nearly died last week and now here you are trying to act as if you are perfectly fine..."

"I am pretty fine for someone who did almost die last week. I'm a fast healer. I'm a trooper, a survivor. I can do this, so allow me to eat without you hovering over me."

"Fine," he snapped at me and walked down the hallway to his bedroom.

"Man, I've never seen someone piss him off that quickly," Donny said, taking a seat besides me.

"Yeah, whatever. He'll cool off in time. Could I possibly get a shower? I just realized it's been a week since I haven't showered."

"Oh yeah. Umm, you can probably change into some of our clothes, or do you want me to get you some from the store or something?"

"Yeah, if you don't mind? Since I'm not allowed to go home, which I'm still not happy about, by the way."

"I wish you could go home too, but Nathaniel said he would smash my face in with his clawed paw if I do anything like that."

"He seems to have a temper."

"Not usually. He's just more stressed out then normal."

"I thought my bacon would've pleased him?"

"Actually, about that. I already ate it before he could."

"Donny, you're terrible."

"You said you didn't want it!" he defended. I rolled my eyes and smiled a little.

"You ate it before you asked me, didn't you?"

"Well, that's not the point. The point is that it was completely okay that I ate it. Anyways, do you still want me to pick up some supplies for you?"

"Sure. That would be very nice," I said and smiled at him. He smiled back and grabbed a paper and pen for me to write down what I need. I wrote down my hygienic products, comfy pajama clothes (since I won't be leaving this place I figured), slippers, and some other supplies I hope Donny will be mature about. I also put down a sudoku book since I figured I would get bored.

He left about five minutes after wards and I just looked around the room to familiarize myself with my surroundings. I carefully explored the apartment, avoiding the side Nathaniel was pouting in. It's a very nice place.

I came back to the big screen television to see an XBOX 360 and Left 4 Dead. I'm set, until Donny gets back.

I made a profile and started the game up.

"Where's Donny?" Nathaniel asked me, sitting down on the other end of the couch.

"Out to get me needed supplies." He picked up a controller so I'm assuming he's playing with me. He signed in and then we just started playing together, quietly.

When the campaign ended with all four survivors, I gave him a high five.

"You know what bothers me?" Nathaniel asked me, putting down his controller on the coffee table.

"No idea, what?" If he is going to bring up the "You're weak, you need to be treated like a baby" crap I might, just maybe, punch him in the throat. Or slowly walk out of the room.

"The fact that you have been here for a week and I still don't know your name."

"Oh, it's Victoria. My friends call me Vicky," I told him, putting down the controller and suddenly felt like watching cartoons.

"Okay, well Vicky, I'm sorry I kind of was a jerk back there. I've been dealing with this family drama right now and then you came along and it seemed to make me be that way," he said while rubbing the back of his neck and still keeping eye contact.

"It's okay. I forgive you. I probably shouldn't have been so catty with you anyways. Sorry about that. Mornings aren't really good to me," I told him.

"It's okay." We sat there for about a minute in the awkward silence.

"How old are you?" Nathaniel asked me.

"I'm sixteen."

"Huh, you look younger then that."

"Yeah. How old are you? And Donny?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow. "I'm twenty-two and Donny is about one hundred seventy-two years old."

"How does he get that old?"

"Well he is a wizard for one. They take a longer time to age, but also Donny did some time traveling back in the 1920s for some wizard corporation, and time travel usually messes with you age."

"That's... crazy," I said. I put my hand on my propped up hand and started to feel really tired.

"Are you okay?" Nathaniel asked and put a hand on my arm.

"Yeah, I'm just feeling really tired right now."

"I'll be right back." He came back with a pillow and a blanket and placed the pillow down for me. I laid my head down on it and then he started tucking me in with the blanket. It seemed like an intimate action to me, but I was really tired so I didn't mind it too much. He probably did that because I'm in a fragile state or something like that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so this chapter is just a... kind of lame not too important chapter. Except for the fact you get to see Nathaniel get all stressed out over Vicky... oh and I finally revealed her name. That's kind of important too... I didn't realize this is the fifth chapter in and we still don't know the other main character's name until now. :l I think that should be an accomplishment.

I'll post the next chapter today. :D Just because I have it done already so why not?