Status: I have new method now. So enjoy the new chapter

Fatal Attraction

Dinner at my house

We pulled into the drive way of my house, I got out of the car first and held the door for Nadine. She jumped out and thanked me. I locked the door then closed it. My dad opened the garage door and drove the car in. My mom opened the front door to the house and we walked in. My dad came in through the back door to the garage and placed his keys in a bowl.

“We should start dinner.” Said my dad.
“What should we make?” Said my mom “What would you like to eat kids?”
“I don't know.” I said, I look at Nadine.
“I don't know.” she said
“How about we order a Pizza?” said my dad
“That sounds like a good idea.” I said “Do you want pizza?”
“Yes.” Said Nadine
“Okay, we'll order the Pizza.” said my dad “ Are you a vegetarian Nadine?”
“No.” Said Nadine
“May we go outside to the porch swing?” I said
“Go a head.” Said my dad

Nadine and I walked outside to the porch swing in the back yard and sat down on it. For a little while we were silent.
“How did you feel when I passed out?” I said
“My heart sank.” She Said
“I heard you screaming.”
“Of course I'd scream, I saw my boyfriend fall to the ground!”
“I'm sorry, that had never happened to me before.”
“Why did it have to happen while we were together?”
That's kind of a selfish thing to say I thought.
“It doesn't entirely matter now, I'm okay and I'm here with you.” I said
“What if it happens again and I'm not there?”
“Better you're not.”
“Excuse me?”
“Well if you're not there, than I wont have to worry about you passing out too?”
“That's not funny Miguel.”
“I wasn't trying to be funny.”
“It seemed like you were.”
“Will you answer a question for me?”
“Yes.”
“What happened after I fell?”
“Lawrence dropped to his knees to check if you were breathing. He started to compress your chest, and Natasha called 911.”
“Did you do anything?”
“I froze soon as you hit the ground.”
“Is that all that happened?”
“No, Lawrence was yelling at me to give you CPR, but I couldn't move. Then Natasha got down on her knees and was just about to put her lips on you, then the paramedics showed up. After that I unfroze and got in the back of the ambulance.”
“How scared were you?”
“Very, I thought I lost you.”
I hold her hand and look into her eyes, this must have been tough, not everyone see their love fall flat to the ground. I need to show her that I'll always be here for her and nothing will split us apart. I grab her other hand and and pull her close to me. I rested her head on my chest.
“Do you hear that?” I said
“Yes.”
“That's my heart, it's still beating. Which means I'm still here, as long as our love stays strong. I wont go anywhere.”
She looked up at me and smiled. She kissed my lips and tightened her arms around me. I looked up and saw the Pizza delivery guy. He came up to the house and asked us if we ordered a pizza. I got up and opened the front door to my house.
“Dad, the pizza is here.” I said
My dad came down with money in his hands, he handed the guy the money and took the pizza. The guy took out some change put my dad told him to keep it. Nadine and I walked inside the house and sat down at the dinning room table. My dad brought the pizza to the table and we each grabbed a piece. There was a silence in the room until my mom broke it.
“So, Nadine, How did you meet my son?” She said
“We met at the office. I had just moved here a couple of days ago from Alaska.”
“Oh, Alaska. Is it as cold as they say?”
“I don't know, I've never heard anyone talk about how cold it is in Alaska.”
“Is my son your first boyfriend?”
“No, I've been with other guys in the past. My last boyfriend died in a car accident.”
“Oh, I'm sorry. Did he kill himself or-
“Hun, that's a rude thing to ask.” Said my dad
“I think I have a right to know.”
“Mom, please stop.” I said
“Miguel, don't talk to me like that.”
“It's fine Miguel.” Said Nadine
“No it isn't.”
“Don't talk to your girlfriend that way.” Said my mom
“It's not like I'm sticking into her personal life like you.”
“Don't talk to your mother that way Miguel.” Said my dad
“You told to stand up to someone regardless who it is.”
“Yes but that doesn't mean that you can be rude to your mother.”
Nadine looked uncomfortable and I can tell she wanted to leave, her head was down and she was tense. I could tell she also wanted to say something, but I didn't know what. I prayed that she wasn't going to tell my mom off. Is there something I could say or do? I reach under the table for her hand but she moves it away.
“Excuse me.” Said Nadine
“Yes.” said my mom
“My last boyfriend drove his car off a cliff. He didn't commit suicide. He lost control of the car and it fell. I wasn't with hm but he was going some where to get me something. I never found out what it was.”
There was a brief silence and both my mom and dad were speech less for a while. Both my parents got up and left the table. Nadine got up and left my house, I ran after her. She was crying on the porch. I hugged her.
“I'm sorry about that.” I said
“Don't worry to much about it.” She said
“I know you're lying, my mom can be like that sometimes.”
“I don't mind your mom. I just remembered what happened when my last boyfriend died.”
“I'm sorry for your loss.”
“Don't be.”
We were silent for a while then my dad called to us and we went back into the house and my mom was in the living room. Nadine and I sat down at the couch, the silence continued to dwindle, then my mom looked at Nadine.

“I'm sorry for what I said earlier.” Said my mom
“I'm still a little upset.” Said Nadine
“You have every right to be. I wouldn't like some middle aged woman invading my personal life either.”
“Why did you ask?”
“I have no idea why, I always get carried away in this situation.”
“Meeting your sons girlfriends?”
“Yes. Because I wouldn't really know what to say.”
“Neither would I but, I think you should look before you leap.”
“I will. Now, how about we start this off right.”
“I'd like that.”
“Miguel, may you and your father give us some time to talk.”

My dad and I nodded and we went to clean up the kitchen. After cleaning up I saw my mom and Nadine were still talking, so I got out my phone and called Lawrence. The phone ringed four times and he didn't answer. I looked through my contact and called Joey, again, no answer. Third time I called Trish, and no answer. This point I gave up and just went out back.
I spent my time kicking a rock around and just staring at the night sky. I wondered what Nadine and my mom could be talking about for so long but, what ever it is, I don't know. My dad came calling to me and I went inside again. Nadine was ready to leave and my dad was ready to take her home. My mom and Nadine hugged and my dad and I went outside. While waiting for Nadine, my dad and I had a talk.
“What did mom say after she left the table?” I said
“Nothing.” He said
“Really?”
“Yeah, she was a little sad because she thought she ruined things for you and Nadine.”
“Nadine isn't like that.”
“Good thing to know.”

Nadine came out of the house and got in the car. I got on the other side and my dad started up the engine. While driving there Nadine grabbed my hand and didn't let go the entire ride. When we got to her house, I saw a man on the front steps of Nadine's house. I was going to walk Nadine to her home but, she stopped me and I stayed in the car. Nadine got out after giving me a kiss and my dad drove off.

I guess that man was her dad. After tonight I'm glad I didn't get to talk to him.