Scream

Chapter 05

Going to school today was the last thing I wanted to do but Adriana is making me go. I mean the last thing I want to do is go to school and show off my police escort deputy Shawn, who also happens to be Adrianna's older brother. Once we walked on campus we were ambushed by reporter. Well more like I was. 

"Jeff how did you feel after you were attacked and almost butchered?" one reporter asked. 

"Are you worried that you might be attacked again?" a different reporter asked. 

"Are you scared now that now you might get killed after Gidget Miller was murdered last night?" a third reporter asked. That surprised me. Gidget's dead? 

"Hey leave the kid alone! He's been through enough," Shawn said pushing back the reporters. 

"Do you think it's funny that people are getting murdered on the anniversary of your mothers death," that one question made me flip them off. I hated it when people discussed my mothers death. 

"Just ignore them Jeffy. People have no respect for others feelings," Adrianna said hugging me. 

"It's fine. I mean her case was the biggest thing last year," I said with a hint of sadness coming out. 

"Hey Jeff can I get a word with you?" I heard an all to familiar voice ask. 

"Depends I usually don't talk to bitches like you Ms. Torres. Especially ones that call my mother a slut and make up bull shit lies about her," I said turning to the stupid brunette that basically told the world that my mother was a cheating whore. 

"Come on Jeff. Your moms case was the biggest thing last year and someone was gonna have to right a book on it," she said. Wait she's writing a book on this? 

"What do you mean someone was gonna write a book on this. As in your writing a book about this?" I asked already knowing the answer. 

"Yes I am. If you want I'll send you a copy," she said right before Adrianna punched her in the face. 

"Damn let's go," I said grabbing her arm and dragging her away while Ashley was holding the spot where she got punched. "All I can say is nice shot. And thanks," I said hugging her. 

"Well I know how bad you want to do that and I figured what the hell the bitch deserves is anyways," she said laughing. "Now come on let's go before we're late for class," she said dragging me towards the building. 

Once we were at our lockers the one person i didn't want to see came by us. 

"Jeffy how are you?" Alexander said hugging me tightly to him. 

"Hey Alex," I said not returning the hug. 

"What you still think I did it don't you?" he said pulling away a little bite to look me in the eye. 

"Kinda yes. It's the only explanation as to why you came at the same time the killer left," I said not meeting his eyes. I was afraid to look in them because I knew he would be hurt by me saying this. 

"Look Jeff I didn't try and kill you and I sure as hell didn't kill Gidget either," He said sounding really pissed off at me. 

"Well it's all I've got and I'm just scared OK? Look I'll call you tonight or something," I said giving him a small kiss and walking away with Adrianna. Wow how could this day get any worse?