Status: Finished

Venemous Turn

Chapter 2: Gone (Amber Rose's POV)

“So Avery got pissed at him and just left over here by herself?” I asked Lacy who sat next to me in the passenger seat.

“Come on it definitely sounds like something she would do.” Lance, my twin brother, claimed. We had known Lacy and Avery since 8th grade.

“Yeah, I guess so. I mean that what it seems like. Leon never called me back but where else would she go that she doesn’t answer her cell and her car wasn’t at her parent’s place.” Lacy questioned.

We talked a little more speculating what would happen with those two seeing as Avery seemed more and more upset as time passed with her boyfriend. They had been together since their senior yeah of high school and I never told Avery but I always wanted what they had for my self someday. We changed subjects to ways to get Avery to get her mind off her relationship and then finally gave into the better short road trip past time, singing along to our favorite CD. Sadly Lacy got to choose the CD and she decided on her Musical mix CD. It was hell for Lance but me and Lacy where having too much fun.

As we came to the dirt road for the cabin I slowed down and stopped singing. When we rented the place we had been warned to be careful on this road. Still even with that scary turn we made it all in one piece to the cabin. As we pulled up we couldn’t see Avery’s car anywhere. I guess Lacy wasn’t right about her coming on her own after all.

“Looks like you’re both wrong because unless she magically teleported herself here she didn’t come yet. Or better yet she made her car invisible.” I said sarcastically laughing.

“Oh shut up Amber Rose. I said it seemed likely. I’ll call Leon from inside and see if maybe she went over after all and they stopped fighting or something.” Lacy said hurrying to the front door. The key was still where it was left for us and seemed to prove my point even more that she wasn’t here.

“Lance can you call Leon. I want to go look around and see if maybe something else happened.”

“Don’t you think you’re being a little paranoid Lacy?” Lance told her.

“Oh stop arguing little brother. Why don’t you get the bags down and I’ll call Leon.” I laughed as he started muttering how I was only older by 3 minutes.

I dialed Leon’s cell as I wondered if maybe he and Avery had finally put all their fighting to rest. Then finally the ringing stopped as I was greeted with a, “Hello Avery. Baby is that you?”

I laughed as I answered, “Sorry buddy no such luck. It’s Amber Rose. Actually Lacy wanted me to call to see if she was with you?”

“No I thought she had made it to the cabin by now. That where she told me she was headed before she hung up on me again. So can you put her on the line?” he asked as if I was making up my story.

“Leon she’s not here. Her car isn’t anywhere around here and it wasn’t at her parent’s place either. We’ve been calling her cell but all we get is voicemail. Are you serious about her not being there with you?” I started to question him back not believing him now. Lacy had just gotten inside when she heard me talking to him. She asked for the phone but I ignored her.

“Amber Rose I am not lying to you. She hasn’t called me or come by. The last time I heard from her was when I called her yesterday right after Lacy called me and that was before seven. If she’s not there or at home where is she? She said she was close to the cabin.” He asked as he seemed to be dragging his words out. His mind was probably doing the same as mine, thinking of what in the world could have happened to her.

“I think she may have crashed,” Lacy spoke up, “there were weird marks at that turn I went back to look at it.”

“Lacy thinks she crashed on the dirt road. I’m going to call the police and I think you should get up here too. We’re going to need help finding her if she is lost in these woods.” I told him.