Attractions

Chapter Eight

It took another hour to get everything out of everyone’s cars and into my tiny house. “Well this sucks,” I sighed, looking at my filled living room.

“How much are you selling this one for?” Viktor held up a piece of just the Eiffel Tower.

“What?” I asked.

“How. Much?” he asked. “What, you going deaf on me?”

“I don’t know,” I answered honestly. “I’ve never had to give a price for it.”

“I’ll pay five hundred for it,” he said, looking at it.

“I’ll pay one thousand,” Jonathan said, looking at it. “My parents are looking for new artwork for the living room.

“Two thousand!” Viktor fought.

“Two and a half!”

While that was going on, I had an idea. “Start bidding on whatever you want,” I told the rest of the guys. “Whatever you want. Jonah!” I called.

“Yeah boss?” he answered, a cocky grin on his face.

I smiled too. “We need a website and get an online auction up for the remaining pieces. I’m starting over after this and we’re doing this our way.”

“Finally,” Belle sat on the edge of my couch.

“I’m going to pull in a few more models I think,” I told her.

“Here,” she tossed me her phone. “They’re been begging me for a spot in one of your photographs. I can help with the website,” she said, going over to help Jonah.

“So,” Pat said, standing over me as I organized my paintings to be auctioned off via internet. It was magnificent really. As soon as Jonah spread the word and set up the site, buyers were lining up to buy my stuff. It was quite a feeling.

“Yes?” I stood and turned, facing him. “Look,” I said, deciding to speak before he could. “I am sorry that I didn’t tell you. It’s not something I usually tell people. Actually I don’t tell people anything and because I thought we were just a fling so it didn’t matter. I didn’t think twice on the secret.”

“Well,” he said, his trademark smirk climbing its way onto his face. “All I was going to ask was how much will it cost me to buy this one?” he asked, holding up a special piece. A piece I had hidden from Sylvia and her evil clutches.

I smiled a little as well, my fingers dancing over his hand holding my art. “Where did you find that one?”

“Jonah was shouting about finding food, so I went searching about and I may have ended up in your bedroom, searching for your stash of peanut butter nut bars and I just happened to stumble upon it.”

I took it from him, holding up one of the only finished paintings I’ve ever completed. Photography was my job, but drawing and painting was a hobby of mine. Even if I didn’t have the time to finish most of them.

“I just finished it last week,” I told him. “I normally don’t have time to finish any of my hand drawn stuff. This is an accomplishment.”

“It’s my favorite,” he whispered in my ear, looking over my shoulder at the painting.

It was a painting of the Blackhawks logo and in the background I had drawn all of the numbers of the guys on the team that year.

“I’ll give you whatever you want for it,” he told me, looking me in the eye.

I stared at him back, thinking. Thinking that he was the only guy who ever really looked me in the eye when talking to me. Thinking that he was the only guy who didn’t want me gone right in the morning after a wild night. Thinking that he was the only guy who attempted to make me breakfast. That he treated me with more respect than any other guy even though they were only supposed to have a no strings attached kind of relationship.

“I want a date,” I said.

He smiled that cocky smile that usually shined right after a goal. Unfortunately I had grown to love that smile. “You got it sweetheart.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So. . . been a while for this story. .. or really any story. Making up for it now. .