Sequel: Remembering Sunday

I Still Hear the Rain

I've Never Told a Lie, and That Makes Me a Liar

Jack-

Tonight proved something to all of us. It showed how life was short. No one would have ever noticed she was gone if we never talked to her and got to know her. Now I believed Alex when he says he really liked her. Hell, if I didn’t know any better I’d say her was in love with the girl. One of my best friends looked miserable. I sat across from him. His face was pale, eyes bloodshot and tears pouring from his eyes.

“If I was nicer to her before this wouldn’t have happened. She wouldn’t be here. I could’ve stopped it.” He mumbled.

“She said it herself in the letter that it as your fault. It wasn’t any of our faults. Alex she really liked you. She’d hate seeing you like this.” I moved next to him.

“She said she had a daughter, she wants us to take care of her and keep an eye on her.” He wiped his eyes with his sleeves. “I have to stay with her.”

“We’ll go. Stay strong. Alex. Anything changes call us and let us know.” I said as we stood.

Rian-

Zack drove us to the address on the paper. As he turned on to the street he slowed the vehicle. We watched as the house numbers increased.

“There it is.” I pointed. It was a small house. A car sat in the driveway, a blanket of snow covered the ground and the car. It was evident that the car hadn’t been used in a while. Zack parked the car.

“How are we gonna do this? We can’t just be like ‘oh we need the kid’ or ‘hey she attempted suicide’.”Jack looked at the letter.

“I got it.” I took the letter and lead the way to the door. As I knocked on the door, an elderly woman answered.

“You must be Jack, Rian, Zack and Alex.” She motioned for us to enter. “Where’s the other?”

“That’s kind of why we’re here m’am.” I started. “Brittany left us this and wants us to take care of her daughter and keep an eye on her. I was wondering if we could take her up to see
Brittany.”

“I wouldn’t have it any other way. I’ll go get Maddy.”

Zack-

We returned to the hospital with Maddy. Alex wasn’t in the waiting room. We looked for
any sign of him. The little girl clung to Jack.

“So this must be Maddy.” He said as he walked up to Jack and the small child who nodded slightly. Still with no word on Brittany the four of us sat in the waiting room. The Johnson’s were stuck in Denver on a business trip and couldn’t get home due to a snow storm. Rian’s girlfriend came in, followed by Sevie. Sevie and I always had a few classes together. I always thought she was cute. She was funny, smart and could make Alex look like an idiot every time he said or did something. She was amazing. She slowly walked over to me.

“Hey Zack.”

“H-hey Sev.”

“Sorry about Brittany.”

“Thanks Sev, means a lot.”

Alex-

Maddy was a spitting image of her mother. She had her eyes. The way she laughed was just like her too. The way she crinkled her nose when she laughed. If I never see her again, I had to take Maddy with me. Brittany wanted us to take care of her. She yawned and put her head on my lap. I watched as Maddy drifted off to sleep. I leaned my head against the wall and sighed heavily. This wouldn’t be easy.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys are soo fucking awesome with your comments! i love you guys. i dont even think is a good story. thanks soo much! you guys are the best.

xxx Brittany