Sequel: Remembering Sunday

I Still Hear the Rain

We Gamble With Desire

Alex-

Brittany was okay. For now, at least. Maddy sat on my lap as we sat in the hospital room. The nurse brought in a few movies for her. She started getting antsy half way throughout the movie. Getting off my lap she ran to Brittany’s side.

“Mama.” She looked at me, her lip quivering. “Mama.”

“Yeah, that’s mommy. Come here, cutie.” I picked her up and started rocking her. “She’ll be okay.” I hope. Jack entered the room.

“BEAR!” She giggled. I put her down and she ran to him. “BEAR!”

“Hey Maddy.” He picked up the little girl.

“Pway!” She squealed.

“I’ll take her to the playroom. Get some sleep man.” I watched as the two disappeared around the corner. I slid the chair forward, closer to her. Looking at her seemingly lifeless body was nauseating.

“Dammit Brit. Look, I don’t know why you would ever consider this. You always seemed so happy lately. I don’t get it. Maddy is here. Well here at the hospital, Jack is playing with her, keeping her busy. She’s just as beautiful as you. I promise, once you get out of here, I’m gonna take care of you two. I might only be eighteen, but fuck. I know that I want this. I want to be the one you go to with all your problems, the one who gets to wake up to you and Maddy every day, the one who gets to hold you and laugh with you. I love you, so fucking much. I think I’m in love with you.” Slowly, I started drifting off to sleep.

Where the fuck am I? Why is it so bright? Wait...am I dead? No I can't be dead. I gotta get out of here, where ever here is. I ran in some random direction for what seemed an eternity but found nothing. I fell to my hands and knees to catch my breath.

"Get me the fuck out of here!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

All I heard were echos coming from all around me.

"Damnit!!"

Once the echos disappeared, it grew silent. Suddenly out of nowhere, I heard her voice. The voice a the person I desired most, calling out to me.

"Alex..."

I quickly got up on my feet and looked every which way.

"Brittany!"

Again she said my name. "Alex..." I ran in the direction the voice was coming from and again grew tired. Nothing was gonna stop me from finding her. "Alex..." Soon enough she
appeared with her back turned to me.

"Brittany!"

I chased after her but no matter how close I got she still seemed so far away.

"BRITTANY!!!!"


A large flash appeared before everything magically turned into the four walls known as the
hospital room.

"It was all a dream?" I asked myself panting heavily on my bed. Suddenly a nurse ran in the room. The bathroom door flew open revealing Jack in utter panic.

"Alex, what's wrong? Why are you screaming?" I shook my head.

"Nothing, just a nightmare. I think." They sighed deeply.

"We'll alright then. Good night, it’s really nice how you’re staying with your girlfriend." She gave me a smile before walking out. I couldn’t lose her. This can’t happen. I looked at the little girl who had woken up on the couch across the room.

“Dada?” Her eyes filled with tears. She slid off the couch and walked to me. “Dada…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who commented! You guys are the best. and wifey i love you! keep up the comments :)
xxxBrittany