Sequel: Remembering Sunday

I Still Hear the Rain

Call Me a Name, Kill Me With Words

Alex-

I sat in study hall writing more to “Jasey”. The more I wrote the harder I fell. Everything around me was her. she had my heart. There was no way I could move on from her.

Lights out,
I still hear the rain,
These images that fill my head,
Now keep my fingers from making mistakes,
Tell my voice what it takes,
To speak up,
Speak up,
and keep my conscience clean when I wake.

Don't make this easy,
I want you to mean it,
Jasey. (say you'll mean it)
You're dressed to kill,
I'm calling you out, (don't waste your time on me)

Now there's an aching in my back;
a stabbing pain that says I lack,
the common sense and confidence,
to bring an end to promises,
that I make in times of desperate conversation,
hoping my night could be better than theirs in the end.
Just say when.

Don't make this easy,
I want you to mean it,
Jasey. (say you'll mean it)
You're dressed to kill,
I'm calling you out, (don't waste your time on me)

I've never told a lie,
and that makes me a liar,
I've never made a bet,
but we gamble with desire,
I've never lit a match,
with intent to start a fire,
but recently the flames,
are getting out of control.
Call me a name,
Kill me with words,


“What’s this?” Rian asked. “Jasey Rae? Isn’t that-”

“Yeah. I was going to sing this to her, but she won’t have anything to do with me.” I sighed as I put my notebook away preparing to go to my next class.

“You got it bad.” He put a hand on my shoulder.

“I saw them together Friday night at Rita’s. She seemed happy.” We walked into the hall. “I just wish she could be happy with me.”

Brittany-

I sat in physics alone. Alex stood at the door with a late pass. The teacher took it from him and he made his way to an empty seat. Next to me.

“Do you have something I can write with?” He asked. I nodded and gave him a pen.
“Thanks.” Halfway through class the teacher had to leave for a few moments.

“Alex, I know we’re not on speaking terms but Maddy keeps asking-”

“Who fails at suicide?” Someone behind us laughed.

“Hey, shut the fuck up!” Alex stood up.

“Make me.” Alex grabbed the collar of the guy’s shirt. As Alex went to raise a fist the teacher
and principal walked in.

“Brittany! Alex! Office. Now.” We ended up with a four day suspension. Great. Instead of going directly home, we went to the mall. I had to find a birthday present for Maddy. Alex told me he was buying her something too and he’d need help. I agreed. We got hungry and bought lunch. We walked around the park drinking hot chocolate in the cold March weather. I drove Alex and I home. He asked if he could see Maddy, and I couldn’t say no due to the fact that Maddy loved him. As we entered the house she saw Alex and ran right to him.

“Awix!” She screamed causing us to laugh.

“Hey Maddy.” He hugged the little girl. “Dada missed you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who subscribed and those who commented! You guys are what keep me writing. And be prepared for some sad stories and crap coming from me. I had a really huge fight with my mom as usual. and the only way i can ever really vent is through my writing. so if it's shit just tell me.

xxxBrittany