Sequel: Remembering Sunday

I Still Hear the Rain

My Heart is as Cold as the Clouds of Your Breath

Alex-

Today was our first day of summer. It was also the day before All Time Low left for tour. I knew that Brittany and I were never going to happen and decided to just give up on her. Like they say, “If you love something, let it go. If it comes back, then it’s yours.” I really didn’t want to give up on her, but she hated me. My friends hated me. I hated myself.

“Hey.” A voice I recognized as Jack’s sounded from behind me.

“Uh hey.” I said humbly. “Have you talked to Brittany?”

“No.”

“Oh. I was just wondering. I haven’t seen her out at all lately.”

“She’s really upset, man. She really thought she finally found someone who accepted her and Maddy. Someone that really loved her for who she was regardless of her past. She never did tell you the truth behind Maddy did she?” I shook my head.

“No. She never did, I never asked because I was waiting for her to tell me when she was ready.”

“She’s probably gonna kill me for this.” He sighed. “Look, when she was 15, she was raped. Then when she was 16, she had Maddy.” I couldn’t comprehend what I was just told. I gave the girl hell from day one. I never knew how much she’s been through.

“I’m such an idiot… I can’t believe this. I swear if I ever see that shit bastard… I’m gonna- I’m gonna-”

“No, we all wanna kill the guy. But we can’t. She can’t know I told you.”

Brittany-

My best friends were leaving. I stood outside Zack’s house saying goodbye to them. Maddy was with Alex. I saw the look on both their faces. It was pure happiness. I knew that Alex, however what hurting inside. I knew I should have been happy he was feeling the pain that I was, but yet I wasn’t. No on deserves to feel this way. Maddy hugged Alex tightly before he gave her to me.

“Go with mama, okay? I gotta go to work.” He said sadly. “I’ll come back. I promise.” She nodded.

“Bye Daddy…” I saw a few tears roll down her cheeks. “I wuff eww…”

“I love you too.” He placed a kiss on her forehead before walking to the van.

“Hey Maddy.” Jack smiled as he approached us. “I have something for you and your mommy.
Here.” I looked at the gift. It was from when I was in the hospital. It was Alex asleep with a
sleeping Maddy on his chest. My vision was clouded with tears as I hugged him.

“Thanks Jack Attack.”

“Tank ew Bear.” Maddy said and pecked his cheek.

“Welcome. I love you guys… I’ll miss you.”

“We love you too and we’ll miss you.”

“Bear, no go..” Maddy started crying again. Alex jumped out of the van and came to Maddy. She wrapped herself around Alex and didn’t want to let go.

“Hey, Daddy, Bear, Zack and RiRi will be back soon. I promise. Okay? We’ll bring you back presents. Promise. But you gotta go with Mommy for now.” She nodded and hugged him tightly before he handed her back to me. I’ll admit it, I was really gonna miss them. Even Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
jennabobenna and jonathan cook are responsible for the amount of updates you guys get! so thank them. end of story countdown begins now! 3 MORE!!!!
xxxBrittany