Sequel: Remembering Sunday

I Still Hear the Rain

Dressed To Kill

Brittany-

Homecoming. I hated school dances with a burning passions. Nearly as much as I hated Alex. I take that back, I could never hate something as much as I hated him. My reflection stared back at me as if to taunt me, I looked happy but I wasn’t. Rian had asked me to homecoming and I accepted. It was nice to have a friend. I got to know Jack a little bit. He stopped being mean to me. However, he still made sure to tease me every day. I grew used to it. I heard the doorbell ring throughout the house.

“Hi Rian.” I said as I answered the door.

“Hey Brittany, you look- wow.” He stuttered. “He will definitely be jealous.”

“I hope so.”

Alex-

Jack and I stood outside the venue of where our homecoming was being held. Our dates stood next to us as we waited for Rian and Brittany. Jealousy flowed through my veins. I despised the fact that she was his date. Lisa, my date, my girlfriend, wait- ex-girlfriend looked at me intently. Rian pulled up with Brittany. The moment she stepped out of the car everything seemed to stop. Everyone watched as she and RIan walked up toward the building.

“Brittany?! You look fucking hot.” Jack checked her out. We sat together at a table in the middle of everyone. Every time a guy would walk past us he look at her chest. It made me furious. They only looked because of that. They didn’t know how sweet she was or anything about her. I know I’m not the best person. She deserves better. I wanted to her to want me.

“Now we will announce the homecoming king and queen.” The envelope was pulled open.

“And your homecoming queen is…” They said her name. She stepped on stage and everyone laughed at her.

“Someone rigged it! You didn’t win. Who would vote for you anyway.” Someone yelled. I laughed along with everyone else. That was until I saw the expression on her face. she ran off stage only to be followed by RIan and Jack. All of a sudden I felt extremely guilty. What was so funny to me, was hurtful to her. I grabbed my jacket and walked outside. They were sitting on the wall with her. One on each side.

“You’re homecoming queen in my book.” I heard Jack say.

“Mine too. Who would do this to you?” Rian hugged her.

“I think I know.” Jack looked up and saw me. If looks could kill. “I’ll talk to him.” Jack made his way over to me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side.

“Before you say it, I know it was a really shitty thing for me to do.”

“No shit Alex. Why do you do this to her? What is your problem with her?!” He scolded.

“I don’t know.”

“You’re such an asshole!” He yelled causing me to flinch. It was very unlike Jack to yell.

“I know, it’s just- I think I like her.”

“Well you have a funny way of showing it. I doubt she’ll ever like you. At all.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey so i know i still owe chapters from the comments so im trying! but i like the whole comment for a chapter thing. but the feedback is great! keep it up guys.
xxxBrittany