Glitter

baby, don't cry tonight!

The silence seemed to stretch on for hours. Leaning against the sink, arms held tightly across my chest, I glared at the man before me. As it was, some of Alex's hair had fallen forward, brushing lightly across the top of his brow, and the five'o'clock shadow on his chin made my fingers itch to reach out. But I didn't.

For one very long minute, I just stood there and watched him.

What was I to do now? What was I to say?

How could I move on from this, from now?

Sucking in deep breath, I uncrossed my arms and lowered my eyes. I didn't know what else to do. Did I tell him that I liked him back, now? Or did I listen to the nagging voice that kept screaming What about Nora? in my head. I was stuck, dumbfounded.

"Dee?" He took a step forward and reached for my hands. When our skins touched, my breath hitched in the back of my throat and refused to continue. I was torn between pulling away and moving closer. After what seemed like a long moment though, I moved away.

His hand fell to his side and he sighed.

"Do you want me to leave?" he asked softly. His voice was so low, it was barely a whisper. But I wasn't even noticing any of that. Alex had moved so close that I could feel his breath on the side of my cheek. If I looked up, or even just angled a few degrees to the right, we'd be touching again. Standing the way I was, staring down at both our feet, I was literally at a loss for words.

No, I wanted to say, I want you to stay. I want you to stay, and kiss me and tell me that you'll never leave me.

But the thought of what I'd done last night, with Jack, made me sick. This was disgusting. Wrong. I'd dug myself into a hole and I had no idea how to get out of it.

"Jack..." I whispered, finally. I looked up at him when I said this and shivered when I felt the side of his face caress my own.

His hands found my wrists and pinned them to the counter top I was leaning on. I didn't know how I was still standing.

"I don't care." His voiced sounded strained and forced. Like he was trying to push the words out of his mouth. Leaning back, I looked him in the eye. A small part wanted to jump at the words. Good, it screamed. He doesn't care. Now forget Jack and tell Alex what you've been dying to tell him this past couple of months.

My mouth opened but nothing came out.

He didn't care. He didn't care. He didn't care. I ran over the words again and again in the back of my mind.

"Oh, Alex..."

But I didn't have time to finish what I was saying. Because the moment his name left my lips, Alex leaned down and kissed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter cred:: Baby don't cry, tonight! by Exo

so many things I'd like to apologise for. The late update being one. The short update being the other. I feel so crappy right now. So sick. Ugh. And writer's block has got me hating the alphabet from here till eternity. Oh and another really stupid thing. I joined NaNoWriMo. Stupid because November's my finals month. Oy vey. But it's okay I guess 'cause I just have two papers. I can deal, I think.

Anyone else joining NaNo? Tell me things :)