Glitter

talk dirty to me

Nora walked in with a smirk on her face.

She had on a borrowed pair of skinny jeans (mine) and a baggy top with floral prints. When she saw me sitting by the window, she stopped walking and raised an eyebrow.

"Alex not here, then?"

I swallowed the lump that rose in my throat and ran my fingers through my hair. "Nora," I started, "I really am sorry about that."

She rolled her eyes and waved a dismissive hand. "Oh you can have him. I was done with the douche anyway."

It took me quite a lot to stop myself from reacting to the bitterness in her voice.

"I still am sorry. It shouldn't have happened the way it did."

Nora shrugged, walked around the counter top and pulled the orange juice from the refrigerator.

"I don't care, Dianna. Stop bringing it up."

My mouth shut with enough force to break open a can of tomato soup. Silently, I watched her pour herself a glass of juice and walk to her room. She had reached her door when she turned back to look at me.

"Just a forewarning though. Dating a celebrity won't protect you from what's coming."

I frowned at her.

"What are you talking about?"

Nora smirked but said nothing.

With nothing else left to do and not due in at work for another few hours, I grabbed my back pack and headed to the studio.