Glitter

my first love broke my heart for the first time

"How old are you?"

The question was more of a demand rather than a curious inquisition. Turning, I had to keep myself from smarting off a sharp retort at the asker.

It was Samuel.

"It's rude to ask a woman her age."

Taking the crocheted napkins out of the drawer, I piled them on the dining table and got to sorting the colours out. Creme white went to the left and Egg white to the right.

"Well you're not exactly a woman, are you? You're more of a girl. I wouldn't be surprised if you were my age, or even younger honestly."

Making a face, I gave him a quick glance and forced the politest, most effective 'don't-you-have-something-better-to-do' smile I could. It didn't work.

"And now you look constipated." Tipping his glass of iced tea my way, he walked over to one of the antique couches that lined the left side of the dining room and sat down. Dressed in a white MCR t-shirt, with his uncombed hair, bare feet and dirty cargo pants; he looked completely at odds with his surroundings; house maid in starched white shorts and blue polo shirt included.

"Mr. O'Reilly..." I began.

He waved a dismissive hand. "Sam - just Sam. I reserve the titles for the losers who are kiss my uncle and aunts' asses."

"Sam," I began, "if you don't mind, I have things to do. Perhaps we could leave the questions for some other time?"

He chuckled, "You almost sound as convincing as you think you are."

I ignored him.

"Oh, come on!" He must have gotten up from his chair and moved closer because his voice sounded louder now. I focussed on the napkins in my hands. Creme white to the left, Egg white to the right.

"It's just a simple question. And what's someone as young as you working as a housemaid for? Or do you people like to be called something else nowadays?"

I wondered whether the boy was being an intentional ass hole or whether being one was as natural as breathing to him. The fact that I was still in a huffy mood about Alex and Nora finally meeting didn't help the situation at all.

Spinning on my heel, I was readying myself to blow off the greatest comeback of all time when what I was faced with stopped the words from forming. Sam was standing directly before me, so very, very close; his mouth inches away from mine. His breath - which reeked of alcohol- warmed my cheek and his eyes raked over my face like one would study a piece of meat at the deli. I shot a glance at the tumbler in his hand and realized that it wasn't iced tea at all. It had been whiskey.

Three very strong, passionate emotions emulsed into one particularly explosive one - Anger. Bringing my hands up to his chest, I shoved him away as hard as I could. He didn't resist at all.

Stumbling back a few steps, he raised his shoulders in a shrug and chuckled.

"You pack some force for a small chick, don't you?"

He was coming at me again. Swinging out of the way, I found the perfect position between the cupboard and closest doorframe. He smirked at me.

I could tell now why he'd been an ass all that time. He was drunk. Disgusted, I threw another glance at the tumbler and sucked in a deep breath. No, I wasn't one to be habitually harassed by my employers' son but I knew how to handle men who were too drunk to know their places.

"I have errands to run now, Samuel but I'll be back in a couple of hours. If you aren't sober by then, so help me god I'll let your uncle know that you've been drinking."

He laughed dryly. "It's funny how you think that threat actually works on me."

Crap.

Thinking quick, I remembered the girl back at the airport and met his gaze full on.

"I'm guessing that the drink is why she left you - that blonde?"

That one shut him up. Jaw clenching, he took the last swallow of his whiskey and threw the tumbler on the hardwood floor. It shattered into a thousand tiny glass pieces.

"Fuck you." Turning around, he shook his head and stumbled away.

I let out the breath that I didn't know I'd been holding. Fists unclenching, I walked back to the table, grabbed the tea towel I had been working with and walked over to the mess on the floor. I had to watch out for that boy, I realized. And I knew that that wasn't something that I'd find too enjoyable.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter cred: baby by justin bieber.

Yeah, sue me. I listen to Justin Bieber.

How's everybody liking the new mibba?