White It out Like Glittering Wax Butterflies

Each Drag's A Drop Of Blood A Grain

I let my feet dangle in the water, covering my toenails. The cold water felt good due to the amount of heat that was around me because of this month of June. I mean, it was DEAD heat.

I tried to think of where I'd go for the night. I could go to a bar, but frankly, I don't feel like getting drunk. I know, HUGE change from the norm. Maybe I'd bum a ride off some one, just to make it back into town. I've kind of ruled out the bar thing because I didn't have any money. I NEVER had any money.

I put my socks and torn up tennis shoes back on, then picked up my olive green messenger bag and threw it over my shoulder. I didn't really have much in my bag. All that was in there was my wallet (empty) and my worn out black hoodie.

That's all that was EVER really in there...

I made my way across the old town bridge. Well, I can't really say that I knew it was the OLD town bridge. I mean, it was old, it was a bridge, and this WAS a town. That's all I could really assume.

Anyways...

I started walking backwards down the sidewalk, my arm extended with my thumb up.

Yeah... Hitchin' a ride... Ha ha... Green Day...

Oh, oh, wait... I'm getting side tracked...

Not that many people were slowing down. I wasn't having as much luck today as I usually did.

I guess I usually had luck because... Well, I've been told I'm attractive. Not that I believe it. I don't really like the way I looked. I mean, if I could, I would change my appearance.

But anyways, getting back to me bumming a ride...

A small blue car pulled up to the side of the road.

Finally...