The Doctor and his friend

You must be lying

“I never thought that I would end up watching the Muppets movie with you.” I said with a little smile and took one of the chips between my teeth. “Neither, nor having dinner here.” Matt answered, looking around the little pub, we had found in a small side street of Oxford Street. It was some small, almost ethnic pub, which must have been over a hundreds of years old. I was just chewing a bit of fish when I got a text message: “Call, now. Important. Dan.” I excused myself and called my agent.

“I’m really sorry for you. I hope that this ass will burn.”

“I Don’t Understand, Dan. What are you talking about?”

“You don’t know it?”

“What should I know Dan?”

“I’m sorry that you get to hear it this way, but you should call Keith.”

“Okay.” I hung up. What was this about? What should I know that everyone else already knew about me or Keith? I decided to call him, when I was back at our flat, but firstly I had to finish my dinner with Matt.

“Something wrong? You’re looking quite concerned.” Matt said when I returned to the table. I shook my head and ate another bit of my almost cold fish “Everything’s cool. Dan just had some agent stuff, he needed to get rid of.” I said and looked at Matt, who had a concerned look on his face “Are you sure?” I nodded again and swallowed the final bits. “Actually this was pretty good, for some pub.” I smiled, trying to avoid any kind of talk about my earlier phone call.

I quickly paid our food and returned to Matt, who was already standing at the door, waiting for me. “I’m gonna bring you home, London’s not kinda at the late time.” Matt said and held the door open for me. We left the pub and made our way towards the apartment I shared with Keith, even though he was away most of the time. Halfway there, we had to make a stop because we ran into a group of fans. “It’s so cute that you’re supporting Jasey in this thing. I would be so happy to have a friend like this.” One of the girls suddenly said “I mean I’m so sorry for you Jasey, I always thought that you and Keith were super cute together. I never thought he would cheat on you.”

Life.
Ended.
My eyes widened in a mixture of shock, confusion and recognition. Now I knew what Dan was talking about. I whispered a short excuse and hurried away.
Away from everything.
Why did he do that? Did he actually cheat on me or was that just one of these rumors. The streets started to blur out from both the rain and the tears in my eyes. Everything I had in my head collapsed in two sentences. Maybe I should have trusted my doubts. Maybe I did everything wrong.
The walk felt three times longer than usual. I couldn’t even focus on the cars. My world was torn apart within seconds. The plans we had we done. They never even existed. His promises were lies. My head hurted from all the thinking and crying. I stumbled up the stairs towards the front door. I could barely make out the door lock. I made it into the top level apartment we had rented. Suddenly everything here seemed so different so unknown. I sunk to the floor. I cried. I didn’t know how long I was lying there, crying, when someone pulled me off the floor. I was being pulled into the person’s arms. I knew it must have been Matt. He must have followed me, when I ran away. “Why?” I sobbed into his shoulder “Why does he do that to me? We planned so much. He said he would never leave me. He promised to never leave me. He promised it. He swore to be faithful at anytime.” “I don’t know. I don’t what he promised you. But I do know that he’s a very, very stupid man, for hurting you.” I didn’t stop crying anytime soon. All these “whys” circled in my head. It was confusing. I couldn’t even hold myself up.

* “All this can’t be real.” She finally said. “It is, believe me. All this is real.” The Doctor answered. “How can this be real? I mean…how.” The confusion was written all over Carlys face, but there was something else inside her voice. Something called curiosity. The man in the box had caught her interest. “You talked about some sort of event earlier.” Carly said, letting her curiosity shining through. “Oh…that was nothing. Nothing really important.” “He dragged us here, because he needs someones’ help.” Jack said, leaning in the doorframe.
“Why me?”
“Long story.” Jack replied.
“A story that will never be written if you don’t shut up, Jack.” the Doctor warned Jack. Something about his voice, made Carly notice, that whatever was going to happen, was really important.
“The lunatic Doctor, from the box and his mate need help, huh?” Carly said, having her confidence back, by now.
Jack nodded; the Doctor looked away and shrugged “I don’t need help.”
“I’m in.” Carly said, just because she wanted to understand this all. Everything about this Doctor, Jack and this TARDIS thingy.*
♠ ♠ ♠
The flat
---------------------------
second chapter today
please comment
xo