Status: c'est fini.

The Nerd Boy

If I were an honest guy;

Image
"You let him into your house?!" Kennedy yelled at me, "Little Oz Riding Hood, you're not supposed to let the big bad wolf into your house!" 

I watched as Kennedy stormed up and down my kitchen waiting for him to calm down and stop comparing me to the many fairy tales that popped up from the top of his head. I couldn't even understand why he was so angry with me. 

Kennedy stopped in front of me, I was currently sitting down on the chair that Francis had been sitting on not that long ago. I kind of missed his company already. 

That whole experience was weird if I have to be honest, when he took off his shirt I only then looked at him properly. I never really noticed before the small details that made many girls (and maybe even guys) find Francis irresistible. His hair was a perfect shade of dark brown verging on black, a small fringe covering his forehead but not quite touching his eyebrows. He was tall and skinny, but not so skinny that he looked like a freaking stick like I do. 

I really couldn't help myself but actually look at his body when he took off his shirt. My eyes were scanning his lean muscles and toned chest. It wasn't so much that he looked like a crazy body builder, he was still extremely skinny but he was damn well strong.

 I shook my head, trying to get rid of those thoughts. Why was I even thinking about Francis like that in the first place? 

Kennedy let out a heavy sigh. "Oscar, what am I supposed to do with you? Do you need a towel or something?" 

That made me notice the goosebumps appearing on my arms and the fact that I was shivering, I was extremely freezing. I nodded to his request as he went off to find a towel. Kennedy knew where everything was in this house, as it kind was like his second home. 

He came back in no time at all as he dried my hair with the towel he had found. Kennedy finished and put it around my shoulders. 

"Have you found anything out yet?" he asked curiously. 

At first, I was unsure what he was talking about. My mind was not currently on Kennedy who was standing in front of me but on a brown hair, green eyed boy who had left too quickly for my liking. I blinked as Kennedy folded his arms, looking at me impatiently. 

"About Francis? Nothing. I really don't think we should do this anymore, Kennedy." I didn't hate Francis and I really didn't want him to hate me because of the devious plans that Kennedy had in mind. 

He didn't look so happy with my change of mind, I remembered what Francis had spoken about earlier in this room. It sounded ridiculous to be honest, although, I hadn't completely registered it. 

I decided to question it, Kennedy never became angry about anything. "Was what Francis said true? Do you only make friends to trick them and destroy them?" 

Only now did I look at Kennedy properly. He smirked at me, his lip curling up slightly as he leaned down to look at me with inspecting eyes. 

"You'd seriously believe anything that prick says?" he laughed, flicking me on the forehead, "You really are a silly boy." 

I winced, my hand flying up to the place that Kennedy had just flicked, as I looked at him with a frown on my face. Kennedy didn't seem like himself, he was usually bubbly and eccentric, he didn't care about anyone else's opinions. But now he was scaring me, maybe that flick to the head was in character but his tone of voice definitely wasn't. 

My life had been so busy at the moment that I had forgotten what Kennedy had been trying to tell me when we were the last at the park together. Was the reason why he was acting so strange to do with this? I was his best friend, I ought to know the reason behind his strange behavior. 

Kennedy was pacing the room now, seeming to be deep in thought over something, his eyebrows furrowed. 

"You wanted to tell me something at the park the other day, what was it?" I inquired.

He froze at this question, turning to look at me with a shocked expression on his face, this indicated that he too had forgotten what he had said. 

"I'm not sure whether I should tell you," he mumbled. 

I snorted. "I'm your best friend Kennedy. You have the right to tell me."

He laughed at this remark, patting me on the head before sweeping back my fringe with his large hands. 

"I'm not going to tell you something that may jeopardize our friendship," he clearly stated.

He let go of me, walking away and heading to the exit of the kitchen. He gave me a weak smile. "I'll go now. I guess it's your choice whether you go along with the plan or not." 

I stood up ready to stop him from leaving but it was too late. The door shut and Kennedy was out of my sight in an instant. 

I had a really bad feeling that Kennedy Young, my best friend, was in a huge bad mood with me. If so, there was nothing I could do about it. 

Image


It was a first time in a long while that Kennedy was avoiding me. When he last decided to ignore me, it was when we were both twelve years old and I stole his diary and read it. 

I thought it was funny at the time, Kennedy having a diary? It was something that a girl did not a boy. Back then, I guess it was something trivial, but at least I knew what had made him so annoyed. 

Now, however, I had no idea what I had done. I wished he would just tell me and spare me from the guilt that was building up inside of me for nothing. 

Unfortunately, Kennedy won't give me the chance to talk to him. If I move his way, he'd turn back around and go the other direction. Without Kennedy, it felt like a piece of my life had been taken away from me leaving an unfinished puzzle for me to solve. 

I just don't understand him. What does he suppose I do? I had a feeling he wanted me to go along with the plan he had made. Kennedy had never been so fixated on one thing as much as this. My heart really wasn't in it at all, when Kennedy was encouraging me. I didn't understand why he wanted to do this.

 I knew Francis had done bad things, I knew that from watching him by the side lines. Although, he didn't seem like a bad guy and I felt like he was changing. All it would take was a push in the right direction to make sure that he did the right thing. Francis could change, I could see it. But Kennedy wanted Francis to suffer the hard way and the poor boy didn't even know of his intentions. 

I didn't want to let Kennedy go, how could I? I loved him like my own brother. But Francis was different, so much more different. I didn't want to lose either of them.

This was getting stupid, I had to deal with this and fix it. In the hallway at school, Kennedy was getting something out of his locker. I walked up to him swiftly, swearing to myself that I would not let him get away. 

"I need to talk to you," I said making the boy jump when he saw me suddenly standing there. Before he could argue, I grabbed onto his arm and steered him away, hearing protests coming from him but I chose to ignore them.

I stopped walking when we were out of people's sight as I stared at Kennedy hoping he wouldn't do a runner any time soon. 

"Kennedy, you know fully well that I can't take it when you ignore me," I sighed, "So tell me, what is the matter with you?" 

Kennedy bit his lip, you could tell he was thinking about something important. His eyes suddenly bored into mine, a trace of a smile flickering on his lips. 

"Are you that dense?" he questioned, the grin only getting wider by the second. 

I pouted, not liking the fact that he was now taking the piss out of me, so maybe I didn't look into things that much, Kennedy knew I wasn't completely observant. 

I shook my head. "Don't play your mind games with me, just tell me." 

Kennedy licked his lips, his voice sounding suspicious, "Okay, but it's not exactly something I can tell, but something that I must do. You wouldn't believe me otherwise." 

I frowned at him, wanting to ask him what he meant by this, but I didn't get the chance too. Before any words left my lips, Kennedy was already occupying them. 

My eyes widened not quite registering the fact that my best friend Kennedy was kissing me. I panicked, not knowing what to do, a part of me wanted to kiss him back so badly, but another part knew of the consequences if I did so.

 He pulled away, not giving me a chance to choose between these choices swimming around in my head. I stared at him, my mouth wide open, I lifted my hand up slowly to my lips touching it, the feeling of Kennedy still lingered on them. 

"So, what did you think I was going to say?" Kennedy folded his arms, "Not to sound too cliche, but I've loved you for a long time. But you've never realized." 

I was about to respond and tell him my honest opinion of all this. It was hard to imagine that Kennedy even felt that way about me. I didn't love him though, I didn't even think of him that way. He was like a brother, I never thought I'd have to reject my best friend. 

Footsteps broke the silence between the two of us, we both turned in the direction of the sound. Kennedy grimaced while I stood there dumbfounded. 

"You're not wanted here, Francis. Can't you see we're busy?" Kennedy smirked. 

I couldn't even say a word.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, the ones who guessed it were right. Kennedy likes Oscar!
Who do you think Oscar should be with?

Dying Rose
LoserWithDreams
ElyRae
trixcereal
LaRawra!
samitize
IceDeath.
thisxchicksxnotxokay
Garrett Hedlund.
forever;yours
Hot Chelle Rae
a7x.Sick.Puppie.x
VenomCybertron-_-
Thanks for commenting! I love you all <3
Comment&Subscribe?
Don't be a silent reader ;)