Status: c'est fini.

The Nerd Boy

You could save me too;

Image

Graduation was looming closer and closer and the thought of moving on from school, moving from my family seemed to me the most exciting idea yet in my life. My father still acted harsh on my grades when he received them, but then again, I had lost the ability to care about what he thought. I knew full well that I had done fine, better than fine actually, and if he didn't understand that then so be it.

I wanted the last week with my friends and Oscar, and that's what I had planned out for us. But Oscar was acting a bit...weird. Okay, weirder than usual. Ever since I told him what I wanted to do with my life he's been a bit distant, although I did reassure him that everything would be okay. I thought at that time that he thought so too.

Every time I brought up the last day of the year, or anything related to the future he'd start a new conversation. It seemed like he wanted to keep the prospect of our future at the far back of his mind.

He ran up to me on that last week, a grin on his face that wiped out all my worries for him. "You'll never guess!" He stopped in front of me, taking a few deep breaths in and out as I waited for him to continue that sentence.

"I just found out that Carson and Kennedy actually did it yesterday!" Oscar raised his eyebrows with a smirk on his face at the 'it'. "We have to get the two of them properly together and you have to help me."

I frowned at him. "Why can't we just leave them to realize that they should be together? I really can't be bothered to play the matchmaker for those two," I turned around, ready to head over to my first class, which I was already ridiculously late for already. I guess it didn't matter that much though, it's not like we'd be doing anything now.

Oscar wasn't taking no for an answer, but I should have expected that. He always was quite a persistent person. He stood in front of me, stopping me from running away.

"Oh come on, Francis! Please help me?" He put on a extremely cute annoying puppy dog eyed face, his hands clasped together, "Pleeeeeease?"

I sighed, rolling my eyes. He wasn't going to let up on this, was he? It's not like he could go to anyone else in this circumstance, usually Kennedy would be the one, but as he was one of the two we were trying to properly get together, that wouldn't work. I nodded, agreeing to doing it as he smiled at me and kissing me gently on the lips. Maybe this was worthwhile after all.

So he literally dragged me around all day, telling me of his master plan to first convince Carson that Kennedy no longer liked Oscar and then second to make sure that Carson's little crush on the teacher didn't exist. Kennedy wasn't the problem in this whole thing, apparently Kennedy had moved on (that's good for me at least) and wanted to start something with Carson. It was basically Carson we had to deal with that whole day.

When we found them, the two of them were outside on the grassy area of the school laid down on their backs and gazing up at the sun. Oscar ran up to them immediately, tripping on his own feet and managing to push Carson right on top of Kennedy. I began to wonder whether that was planned, or just sheer luck that he managed to be clumsy at that point in time.

"What the fuck Oz?" Kennedy glared at Oscar and looked back towards me, something clicking in his mind. He leaned towards Oscar, making sure that Carson didn't hear him. "Don't you dare do anything like try and set me up because I can totally do it myself."

Oscar pouted. "But I thought you wanted my help."

"I was tired when I said that. I forgot that when you try to help, trouble occurs every time."

Oscar punched him gently, not so happy with Kennedy. I sat beside Oscar as Carson moved closer to our little circle we had formed.

"What are you all whispering about?" he asked curiously.

I had to clasp a hand over Oscar's mouth before he managed to spurt out anything that could ruin our plan entirely.

"Nothing really, just talking about how nice it's out, beautiful weather right?" I lied, getting a suspicious look from Carson.

Carson knew that I didn't give a shit about the weather, so that's probably why he was eying us all like we had committed a crime. I tried to ignore it but it was a known fact that I couldn't lie well in front of Carson, somehow every time he just manages to find out the truth. He's a sneaky ginger that one. I better not mention ginger to him because he might punch me, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy could read minds as well.

I moved my hand from Oscar's mouth as the other boy hit me repeatedly before tackling me and straddling me to the ground.

"I couldn't breathe, dumb ass!"

"Sorry?"

He forgave me as he sat up and took a seat beside me instead of the straddling position we had found ourselves in.

Oscar turned back towards Carson and Kennedy, a sly smile now appearing on his face. It seemed like his mind was back on the task at hand.

"So...Carson," he started, "I heard you had a crush on your teacher."

Kennedy's head spun towards Carson, awaiting his reaction to the question. Carson shrugged, not having gone red like expected.

"Used to, now I've kind of moved on," he revealed.

Well that just confirmed it. Why do these idiots take such a long time to get together?

"I bet you a million pounds that I know who it is," Oscar nodded proudly.

Kennedy was now glaring at him, full out glaring which made the skin at the back of my neck stick up a little. Oscar didn't even take notice to it, his attention was on Carson who had now most definitely turned that one particular shade of red.

He didn't say anything, in fact he looked like he wanted to run away from us. Carson was usually a tough guy around people, but now his attitude had completely changed. This was different to what I knew of Carson. Kennedy had done something to him, he's broken him for sure.

"I'm just getting this out here, but I no longer like Oscar. He's too nerdy for me."

"Hey! Just because I have more brain cells than you does not mean you get to be mean to me!" Oscar looked like he was going to hit Kennedy again, but he refrained from doing so.

But the thing is, he couldn't deny what Kennedy said. He is a nerd, he's my nerd. And that is certainly not going to change.

We hadn't been paying much attention to Carson at this point, well I hadn't, I was more occupied with Oscar than anyone else.

"You don't like him anymore?" Carson asked unsurely, bringing us back to his attention.

Kennedy shrugged. "Yeah, I like someone else."

"Who?"

Oh for god's sake. Why does he even need to ask that? Isn't it obvious? I felt like informing Carson myself who Kennedy likes now but Oscar had pulled me to my feet, his hand clasped onto mine as he watched the scene unfold.

"Come on," he pulled on my hand, "Let's leave the two of them alone."

He took me away from the two of them as I turned back only once, noticing how they were now kissing, Kennedy's hand underneath Carson's chin and Carson's hands on either side of his face. I looked away quickly, blinking rapidly. I really wanted to get that completely out of my head.

I didn't really know where Oscar was taking me but before I knew it, we were outside of the school grounds. We came to the nearest park as we both sat down on each swing, just sitting there.

"Oscar," I began, wondering whether bringing up the future would be a good idea or not, but I did it nonetheless, "You'll have to visit me sometimes, maybe I can take you with me on some occasions. I don't know, maybe we can explore India together..."

Oscar didn't say anything to this, he stayed quiet, his hands wrapped around the swing's tightly.

"I probably won't be able to see you that much. I mean if I'm here and you're god knows where, what are the chances of us meeting up that much? I really just don't want this year to end, I wish it wouldn't have to stop," he confessed.

I knew what he meant and of course I had thought about this a lot, but I wanted to do something exciting. I knew I had enough money to travel, I'd been saving it up for a long time as well as some money I had been given by relatives and my parents. There's no way in hell that I'd forget about Oscar, I'd come back as much as I could to be with him. Oscar still had his doubts while I was confident that we'd be fine that our relationship wouldn't strain from the long distance. Besides, a long distance relationship can work as long as the two of us are determined for it to last.

I leaned my swing as close to him as possible watching the way his eyes looked up at me, a mesmerizing colour that danced in his irises. Beautiful. That's how I remember it.

"I don't want it to end either, but I know that we'll be fine. I promise you that we'll be fine. I'll write you letters, send you emails, skype you, whatever helps me to stay in contact with you as much as I possibly can," I flicked some hair that had covered his glasses out of the way, "You know I'll never stop trying to keep in touch with you because I love you that much. I really do."

Oscar breathed in heavily, a faint smile at the corner of his lips. His eyes were the brightest they had ever been.

"Well, you better," he warned, "Because if you don't I will personally come after you and kick your ass."

I laughed a little, "I wouldn't have it any other way."
♠ ♠ ♠
So this, my friends, is the end. There may be a sequel but I don't have a page up for it at the moment so you'll have to wait and see.
I hope you all liked this story, and I have to thank all of you for sticking by me all this time.
Thanks so much for my amazing commenters:
Hot Chelle Rae
kew_atl
mathuee.
Josh Cutlip.
DoYouEvenCare?
A T T A C K !
theneoncake
Love you all!

Oh and I will have another slash story up shortly.
It's called: All That Glitters Is Gold
So please subscribe to it or comment! :3