Afterlife.

Afterlife.

Jimmy's Point Of View
Just one more..it won't hurt anything..
I grabbed the glass from the bar and walked over to the table where Brian was sitting, I sat down next to him, "What time is it?" He looked at him phone, "Almost one in the morning, why?" I sighed, "I need to get home soon, Ronica will kill me if I'm not home tonight. After this I'm going home." He nodded, "Me too. Want me to drive you home man?" I shook my head, "I can d-drive just fine."
Brian looked at me for a minute as I drank the alcohol and when it was gone, I got up and walked out of the bar. I was walking, more stumbling I guess over to the car, I got in and started driving towards my home, where my girlfriend was waiting for me, probably pissed off at me for coming home drunk and not calling and anything else she could think of.
I was distracted by my thoughts until the sound of a car horn pulled me back to reality, there was a crash and everything went black...

'"Jimmy!" My girlfriend, Veronica, Ronnie for short, ran over and hugged me, she kissed me, "I love you so much Jim." I smiled down at her, "I love you too baby." She smiled and walked towards the house, I followed her quickly. We got in the house and she went upstairs, I followed as she walked into our bedroom, she pulled me down on the bed with her and kissed me passionately.
I smiled and laid next to her, "This is too perfect. Aren't you mad that I'm home late and I didn't call.." She shook her head, "What are you talking about Jimmy?" My turn to be confused, "I was at the bar with Brian late and I didn't tell you or anything, I thought you would be pissed." She smiled again, something about her smile wasn't right, it was too happy, nothing seemed right now that I think about it.

I got up and walked down stairs and looked around, the house was clean and the guys weren't here. Sighing, I walked over to the door that should've opened to our sons room, instead there was something that looked like a giant pot, I walked over and looked into it,
"How's he doing?" I watched as Matt appeared, walking into what looked like a hospital room, "He's still breathing," Brian was sitting on a chair in the corner of the room, "Doctors said anything yet?" Brian shook his head again, "Ronnie's taking it hard, she was here for almost an entire day until she decided it was a good idea to get Kayden out of here and get him home so he didn't have to see Jimmy like this.." That's when the view changed to show who was laying in the hospital bed, me, I was laying there, lifeless, I heard the shallow and slow beating of the machines, telling them that my heart was still going, I just wasn't there mentally.

Once again the view changed, this time, completely, it showed our house, Ronnie taking Kayden in the house, they were in the living room when Kayden looked at her, "When is daddy going to wake up?" She looked down at our six year old son and kissed his forehead, "Soon honey, real soon." He hugged her and ran off to go back to bed, Ronnie walked over and sat down on the couch, letting her head fall into her hands, "How could you do this to us Jimmy? Do you ever think of anyone besides yourself? You go out and get drunk and this shit happens, I want you to explain to him why you didn't come home with us, why you're in the hospital.." I could tell by the sound of her voice cracking, she was crying. That's when I heard her start to sing, even through the tears, "I don't belong here, I gotta move on dear escape from this afterlife
’Cause this time I'm right to move on and on, far away from here
Got nothing against you and surely I'll miss you
This place full of peace and light, and I’d hope you might
take me back inside when the time is right.....
"

I can't take this anymore, I got up and walked out of the room, I looked at "Ronnie", "Let me go home..please? They still need me there," she smiled and kissed me, "This was just me showing you what your heaven will be like, there will be peace and love, we won't fight, you can be with your friends and not worry about a thing, but it's not your time James, go home..."


"He's waking up! Ronnie! He's moving!" I opened my eyes slowly to see everyone around me, I mean everyone, Brian, Zack, Matt, Val, Ronnie, and Kayden, he ran over to me, "Daddy!" I smiled at him, "H-hey bud," he hugged me, I hugged him back tightly. Ronnie walked over to me, tears in her eyes and kissed me, "Don't you ever scare me like that again Sullivan," I smiled up at her, "I won't if you promise to do one thing," she looked at me like I was crazy, "Brian? Could you get that box out of my jean pocket?" He looked at me confused and nodded, I looked back at Ronnie as Brian walked over and handed me the box, "I was going to do this when I got home and sobered up, but I want to ask you now," I took her hand in mine and looked at her, smiling, "Veronica Skyy Waye, you put up with more shit from me than anyone else, you stand by me no matter how crazy I get and we are raising an amazing son together, will you marry me?" She smiled at me again and hugged me tightly, "Of course Jimmy!" She kissed me again, I've never been happier....