What Is Love?

I Used To Look Up To That Love.

My mother had just broken the news to me, her and my father were getting a divorce. I could tell that they were unhappy at times, but I never thought it would end like this. After years of marriage and three children, they decided to just give up. I was only fifteen when they divorced.

Throughout high school, I tried to find love in girls. I never did, we would date and mess around, but none of them had what I needed. I started second guessing what love was, maybe it was just lust that people had for one another that just continued on through the years.

I used to look up to that love.

After my senior year, I quit trying to find love. I moved to Los Angeles and followed my dream. When I was moving into my apartment I saw her for the first time; she lived down the hall. As I walked by, she smiled. According to some of the residents she was an actress about my age.

The two of us passed by each other every day, I was heading out, and she was heading in. She smiled at me, I returned it. That’s how it went for about a month, until I finally got the courage to talk to her. I asked her out on a date, she agreed.

Apparently, we had a lot in common. Her parents were also divorced; she was from a small town and moved to California to act. It was great to finally find someone that I actually wanted to get to know.


☁☁☁

“Kendall.” Her voice was soft.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“I don’t know if I can do this.” She stated.

I glanced up at her, “I’m sorry, what?”

Our eyes locked, “I can’t do this. It’s moving way too fast.”

Delilah and I had been dating for six months; we had moved out of our crappy apartments and found a condo together. I had just asked her to marry me a few days ago, yes we were young, but we were in love. That’s why it shocked me when she spoke up.

“Well, we don’t have to get married right away.” I replied.

She shook her head, “I-I kissed someone else.”

To share one kiss then give away
All the love you come home every day.


I took a deep breath, “Babe, that’s no big deal. We can get around it.”

“You just never give up.” She whispered.

“That’s not how I was raised.” I answered.

Delilah stood up and I eyed her, she walked to the door, “I’m gonna take a walk.”

I nodded; she tended to walk when she needed to think.

I waited for a few hours, she didn’t come back. I checked my phone, she sent a text message.

‘I have a question; what is love?’
♠ ♠ ♠
It was really hard to write this, I had no idea how to portray What Is Love?, I tried my best though.

-Nina