I'll Be Your Best Kept Secret and Your Biggest Mistake

o2.

I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating. I rolled over on my side to face the desk it was sitting on and grabbed it. The time read 11:28 and I had 3 unread texts.

From: Jeff
Hey best friend! Today's the day we reunite... It's been long enough, am I right? While you were away at fancy schmancy art school, we were working our asses off too... tomorrow marks the start of our tour with WOE, IS ME AND BREATHE CAROLINA...GET STOKED!!!!!!


I smiled and replied. Haha WAY TOO LONG!!! :p As you probably guessed, it's 11:30 and my lazy ass is still in bed...I got all my stuff packed last night tho. See you and the guys when my flight lands in MI tonight!

From: Jimmy
Good luck being our first ever merch girl on our first ever tour...it'll give you a chance to prove that you're good for something other than swooning over Zach and distracting me when him and I play video games so he can beat me... Fuck you for that by the way =)


I laughed and rolled my eyes before texting back. ...Dick :p I'm excited to see you too by the way...thanks for showing so much enthusiasm!

Him and I always loved to get sassy with each other. My sense of humor was one of the main reasons why the guys and I got along so well.

The third text was from Zach and I'd be lying if I said I didn't practically squeal at the sight of his name on the screen. I had only talked to him occasionally after graduating high school and it was definitely nice to know I was on his mind. I opened the text.

Can't wait for you to come party with us on tour! :)

It was just a simple gesture, a friendly text. He didn't even include a casual usage "girl" or "babe." It was a smiley face, not a winky face. That's what I told myself. I was attempting to be rational about it, but my face obviously wasn't since I could feel myself blushing. Fuck, why was I so lame? I was always one to overanalyze things.

I took a deep breath and texted back. Me either :) See you tonight! Keeping it simple.

I climbed out of bed and walked into the dining room of my Philly apartment. My roomate, Kyra was sitting at the table.

"Morning, sunshine. Did you finish getting your shit packed last night?" She asked between spoonfuls of cereal.

I poured myself a bowl of Froot Loops an took a seat at the table. "Yeah, I had to sit on my suitcase to get it to close though." I laughed. "I'm just so excited to see the guys again. Jeff and I were best friends throughout my entire childhood and the band was a huge part of my life in high school. I watched them from and now they're starting their first tour, I feel like a proud mother."

Kyra giggled. "Not to mention that tour is with fucking Breathe Carolina, you're going to be partying with David and Kyle, the ultimate party boys! Don't forget to tell David I'm in love with him!" She squealed, grabbing my arm and shaking me back and forth.

"Damn, girl. Calm yourself!" I playfully shoved her back. "You're coming to the Philly show, right? I mean, I'll definitely score you a free ticket."

"Yes yes yes one thousand percent yes! I can't wait! I'm also looking forward to finally meeting this Zach you always talk about so I can appreciate how perfect he is in person." She added emphasis to the word, teasing me.

I bit my lip, giggling. "Yeah, that too. Well, I better go get dressed and ready for my flight." I started off to our room.

"Oh, please. I bet Zach would love it if you showed up in what you're wearing right now, that'd be a pleasant surprise." She shot back.

"If only!" I shouted from the bedroom, where I changed out of my pajamas and into my outfit. I brushed my teeth and hair, letting it keep it's natural wavy texture as I didn't feel like straightening it.

Kyra entered the bathroom while I was in the middle of doing my eyeliner. As soon as I finished, I spun around to face her so she could check out how I looked.

"Cute, definitely cute, I approve." She threw an arm around my shoulder "However, if you're really trying to impress Zach, I still vote you show up at the airport in your pajamas from earlier."

I couldn't help but laugh. I loved Kyra so much. She never failed to crack me up and she was a great listener.

"You don't look so bad yourself, nice shirt." I commented onher outfit, which included my Nirvana shirt.

"Hey, it was one of the few pieces of clothing you didn't pack and I found it laying on the floor next to my bed." She shrugged.

"Touche. It's alright. You're the one who suggested I dress skanky for Zach." I laughed.

"Touche." She cracked up as well, handing me my suitcase after she grabbed it from our room.

We stood in the hallway and hugged. I really did appreciate having her as a friend.

"I'm so happy for you, baby girl! This is so exciting!" She said while we rocked back and forht.

"I know. This is going to be one fucking awesome summer. I'll miss your crazy ass until the Philly stop though." I smiled as she gave me one last big squeeze.

"To the airport!" She picked up her keys which were sitting on the coffee table and we exited the apartment.

We walked outside. I climbed into the passenger seat of her car, mentally preparing myself for the 3 hour plane ride and everything that was to come after it.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was kind of short and a bit of a filler. Also, I don't know exactly how long a flight from Philly to Michigan would be so I kinda BS-ed that part, but I think 3 hours is fairly accurate? :p