Helplessly Hoping

Wordlessly Watching.

“Alexei, I don’t fully understand how you think what you did was justified. I’ve admitted I was wrong-“

“No you never, you never once said sorry about the stunt you pulled with your parents. Am I that embarrassing to be around that you can’t even tell your parents what my real name is?”

“To be honest, it was embarrassing when I found you so drunk that when you stood up, you had to immediately vomit; but when I found you naked and, sorry to be vulgar here, babe, but covered in your own fucking come with your best friend’s sticky hand on your dick. No, that’s not embarrassing, that’s shameful. I feel shame for you and shame for me.”

“Well, I’ve told you I’m sorry…”

“Sorry doesn’t even come close to what you should be feeling right now! Show some guilt, show some regret and show some heart. I’m meant to be your wife, the one who can trust you with her soul and with her heart. But I can’t trust you with a bottle of whiskey, so how, when you jet off to Vietnam, am I supposed to trust you to come back in one piece?”

“You’ve digressed and I don’t even know where you are goi-”

“Shut up and listen for God’s sake, Alexei, why can’t you just listen? I digressed because everything relates. What if something doesn’t go the way you’d like it to in the jungle? You’d react in the way Alexei Scordato reacts: badly. All I’m saying, Alexei, perhaps you should have a good and long think about the way you rationalize things. It might do you some good. It might do everyone some good…”

Alice picked up her handbag and left. I didn’t see her again until I returned from training camp.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short but who the hell reads this anyway? IT'S NOT FRERARD SO THEREFORE IT'S NOT WORTH READING, LE TEAR. No, I love Frank and Gerard. SHUT UP.

Thank you if you took time out of your busy schedule to read this chapter. I love you.