The Drug In Me Is You(obviously)

It's Christmas, Baby

Sneaking around that house wasn't difficult. That's part of the reason I got away with as much crap as I did when I was younger. It helped that neither of us were clumsy.

What was I doing, you ask? I was putting presents from Ronnie's car under the tree in my 'house'. My 'family' sure as hell didn't deserve anything from me because of how they treat me, but I couldn't get through Christmas without giving them gifts. I just didn't have the heart to just leave all Winter break and not give them anything. But I didn't leave a note or anything else that might signal that me or Ronnie had been there besides the presents under the tree.

"Lace, you ready to go?" Ronnie whispered as he tip-toed up the stairs.

I turned and whispered back. "Yeah, let's go."

He grabbed my hand and we silently left the house.

"Merry Christmas, all you bastards." I whispered as we walked to the car.

I got in the car and put my seat belt on as Ronnie pulled out of the driveway. As he drove his other hand slipped into mine. When he intertwined our fingers I smiled and looked out the window at the falling snow. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, Babe. By the way that was really nice of you..."

I sighed. "Thanks for helping me. And I just couldn't help it. I'm not as cold as them, so I had to make sure they get something they actually want for Christmas."

He nodded. "It was a nice thing to do. Even though.." he frowned slightly but didn't finish his sentence. I knew what he was going to say, so he didn't need to say it anyway.

As soon as we pulled into the driveway of his house he came over to the passenger side of the car and opened the door. I looked up at him and smiled a cute little tired smile at him. He smiled softly and helped me up on his back, then he piggy-backed me inside the house and upstairs to our room. Gently he laid me down on the bed and snuggled up next to me. He pulled the covers over us then we drifted to sleep.

There was a knock at the door then a head peered in the doorway. It was Riley.
Grinning like a fool he whispered "Merry Christmas, guys! Time to wake up.." then hurried back downstairs.

Ronnie gently pushed the my hair out of my face and kissed my nose. I smiled and turned around in his arms to face him. I kissed his lips and embraced him. "Merry Christmas, Ronnie."

"Merry Christmas, sweetheart." he said then got out of bed to get us some pajama pants. We had both been too tired to change out of jeans, and weren't going anywhere today, so it wouldn't hurt to wear our pj's for the day.

The sound of feet running loudly up the stairs shook me slightly. Ronnie chuckled when he saw me jump. Riley burst in the room, panting.
"Are...are..you guys..coming..or what?" he gasped.

Ronnie and I laughed. "Calm down, Riley. We'll be downstairs in a minute. Now go, so we can change." Ronnie said to him and tossed me a pair of fuzzy pajama pants. As soon as Riley shut the door behind him I jumped off the bed and slipped my skinny jeans off.

Ronnie looked over and grinned. "Well Merry Christmas to me.."

I rolled my eyes playfully and slipped on the pj pants. He did the same, then we walked hand in hand as he led me into the hallway then down the stairs.

Riley was jumping up and down by the tree pointing at and shouting in excitement about all the presents under the tree. I told him to sit down then I handed him all the presents that were his. The rest of the presents were for Ronnie and their dad. I handed Ronnie his presents and sat down on the couch.

Him and Riley looked at eachother and grinned as if they were sharing some funny joke. "What?" I asked confused.

Ronnie winked at me. "I think you missed one, babe."

I shook my head and sat there with a puzzled look on my face. "No...I..I don't think so.. Where?" I asked.

He got up and reached behind the tree to pull out a little light purple box. Sitting down next to me he handed me the little thing and waited for me to open it.

I opened it and looked down at what lay within the box. "Oh, Ronnie!!" I gasped. It was the black necklace I had been admiring when we were Christmas shopping. I almost cried. He gently took the box out of my hands and put the necklace around my neck. I threw my arms around him and hugged him tightly.

"Oh, thank you so much!" I cried.

He chuckled. "I knew you would be happy."

He knew. It had been so long I can't even remember the last time I got something new or something so special like that necklace.

Riley spoke up. "You think we should wake up dad?"