The Drug In Me Is You(obviously)

Mr. Money

Shivering as I walked down the sidewalk, still trying to keep my mind off of the house. Pretty soon I found myself wondering onto 50th Street, a familiar looking place. Though, I really don't know why it looked so familiar, yet still so foreign. It was too dark to really see the houses. Except for one house a little further ahead of me. The porch light was on and a person sat in a porch swing singing an song I didn't recognize.

I kept my head low and looked at the ground as I walked by the house. The person grunted and stood up. "Hi" he said. His voice was polite, but it sounded too familiar..

My pace slowed as I glanced over at him. His bright blonde hair was still visible from beneath his hood, and a smile crept onto his lips. "Do I know you from somewhere? Come closer so I can see if I
do."

I stared at the ground awkwardly. "That's a little creepy.. You might kid nap me or something. How about you come over here?"

He laughed while he got up and started walking over to me. When he was closer I knew exactly who he was. Monte Money was a friend of Ronnie's, and apparently lived at this house. And I thought he would live somewhere crappy...

When he saw who I was he smiled and held out his arms for a hug. I laughed a little and embraced him. "Hey Bryan. Long time no see."

Bryan chuckled. "So I do know you after all. Well, I'm not trying to sound weird or anything, but what are you doing all the way out here?"

"You mean, without Ronnie?" Seriously, I wasn't stupid I knew what he was getting at.

He laughed nervously. "Yeah. Usually you guys are like...always together so.."

"He hasn't talked to me at all today, so there's your answer to that. And I was just taking a walk to get out of the house and this is just where I ended up. Have you seen Ronnie?"

Frowning, his shook his head, his blonde hair flipped along with it. "I'm sorry, Lacey, I haven't seen him all week. But, I bet he's with Max."

I laughed and he stared at me like I had grown another head. "Uh..? What's so funny?"

I pretended to wipe a fake tear from my eyes. "There's no way I'm going to that crack house, even if I'm trying to find Ron."

His expression softened slightly. "I get what you mean. And-Hey, are you cold?" He gave me a concerned look and moved a little closer.

Now that I thought about it I was fucking freezing! I guess he noticed me shivering. "Oh..Hahah, yeah I am actually."

"Shit. Well you can come inside if you're that cold. Come on, my parents aren't here anyway."

"Okay, cool. Thanks Bryan." He turned to walk to the door then looked over his shoulder to make sure I was following. I smiled at him and started walking behind him. We got to the door and he opened it then moved aside so I could enter.

"Ladies first." He sang.

I giggled and walked into the house, which was a lot nicer on the inside than I had expected.
Actually, I thought it would look like the inside of my house: fucking trashed.
Bryan's house was spotless and seemingly cozy. Picture perfect I thought.

"Wow..." I mumbled.

He shut the door behind him, then stood beside me. "What? Are you impressed?" He gave me a slight nudge.

"Uh...yeah." He laughed at my response and took my arm.

I stared at him. "Uhm.. Bryan what are you doing?" I squeaked.

A chuckled escaped his lips while he rolled his eyes at me. "Showing you around the house, like a good host, of course!"

"Hahah. Right."

He led me up the narrow stairs and showed me each of the four rooms there were on that floor of the house.

"It's impressive, Bryan. So where are your parents?"

"Where they always are. Drinking, and having a good time without me.." He chuckled. "So do you wanna stay here for the night? It's not exactly safe to wonder around Vegas around this time ya know."

I shrugged. "If it's cool with you."

Bryan smiled softly. "Come on, I'll show you where you can sleep." After that he led me to a room with a plain gray door. He opened it and gestured for me to step inside.

The room was nice, big, and oddly comforting. There was a queen sized bed against the wall to the left, a vanity table with perfumes to the right, a medium sized TV sat in the corner on a decorative black and purple entertainment center. A closet was close to the bed, and right beside it was another closed door.

"This is fantastic.." I whispered softly. "So, do you have any movies around here?"

He pretended to look hurt and looked away from me. "How dare you ask such a question!" He said dramatically. "Of course I have movies, Lacey. Who doesn't?"

A genuine laugh escaped from me and he laughed along with me then we headed back downstairs to the living room.

After I got comfortable on the couch he turned and asked me what I wanted to watch.
"Hmm.. You have a Freddy Krueger movies?"

His eyebrows raised at me, he rolled his eyes playfully. "Mhmm. Which one would you like to watch, shorty?"

I crossed my arms over my chest, my lips formed to a pout. "The first one." I mumbled the next thing I said. "At least I'm not a giant.."

When he glanced over his shoulder I smiled sheepishly and he smirked. "Heard that."

After he got the movie playing, he shut off the lights and sat down on the couch a couple feet away from me. I glanced over at him and he caught my gaze.
"I don't bite, you know, Bryan."

He chuckled and smiled cutely. "Quit callin' me that, Lacey."

My eyes flickered from him to the tv screen then back to him. "Well, what do you want to be called?"

"Monte. Call me Monte." His stare was intense now. Our eyes were boring into eachother and I almost leaned in to kiss him.

Thankfully a girl in the movie started screaming, causing our attention to dart back to the screen.
Was that too close?

When the movie was over I was half asleep. Somehow we had gotten closer and my head was leaning against his shoulder. "Ugh..I'm so tired." I mumbled and yawned.

Monte laughed. "Well aren't you cute. Do you need help to get upstairs?"

I nodded and wrapped my arms around his neck as he stood and carried me upstairs. Quietly he opened the door, gently setting me down in the bed and pulling the blankets over me.

Before he made his silent exit, I spoke softly. "Thank you, Monte."

"No problem, Lace. Good night." He left it at that then went to his own room to sleep.