Status: one and done :)

Little Things

A Change in Heart

It was nights that Patrick Kane, Jessica’s best friend, picked her up from work that made her forever grateful. Or the nights that he paid for her to take a cab home from work so that he knew she was safe seeing as she left as late, or early, as two in the morning from the Grey Goose Bar and Grill in downtown Chicago. Some would say he was overprotective, but Jessica just said that was Patrick.
Little things that Patrick did for Jess made him start to slowly fall in love with her over the years, but she never felt the same. She proved it by having her very own boyfriend from their hometown of Buffalo who recently moved to Chicago, Bradley. Bradley grew up with both Jess and Kaner, but was always fond of Jess. He made it known to Jess before she moved to Chicago that he thought they should get together, and so they did. That also made Patrick want to punch every wall he passed, but he had missed his chance. Or that’s what he thought until one night, he was shown otherwise.

“Jess, I don’t want you to see Patrick anymore.”
“Excuse me?” I spit out my pop.
“You heard me. I don’t want you to hang out with him anymore.”
“But he’s my best friend, Bradley. And I thought he was yours too?”
“He used to be, but he’s not good for you, Jess. He always has a different girl on his arm, and when he doesn’t, he expects you to show up with him when he needs a date. I don’t think he even considers you as anything more than arm candy. You aren’t a person to him, Jessica.”
“No, Bradley, I’m not a person to you. If I was, you would’ve considered my feelings before you started to accuse my best friend of not caring about me. I think our relationship just ended. Do me a favor, never talk to me again,” I replied to his nonsense and got up, left the restaurant and stormed to Patrick’s apartment as quickly as I could.
When I reached his building, the doorman, Eddie, waved me in, I got into the elevator and pressed the button for the pent house. I let myself in with my key and went straight to the bedroom where I knew he would be at eleven in the morning the day after they got home from a week long road trip.
“Pat,” I whispered as I crawled onto the bed next to him. I heard him sigh and roll over towards me. This made me trapped next to him with his arm firmly around my waist.
“Welcome to Casa De Kaner, how can I be of service?” he whispered into my ear. It was enough to give me goose bumps.
“I just need my best friend. Bradley and I broke up.”
“What, why?” he asked panicked. He practically forced me to sit up and look him in the eyes. It was at that moment that I noticed he only wore boxer briefs beneath the sheets.
“He tried to tell me that I couldn’t see you anymore and that I was nothing but a piece of meat you use as arm candy whenever you can’t find your own date. I knew it wasn’t true and he was just being a jack ass so I broke up with him. You are way more important to me than him anyways. He was always a jerk to you once I started dating him. I never put it together that he didn’t like you.”
“J, it’s not that he doesn’t like me. He feels threatened by me more than anything.”
“Why would he feel that way?” I looked into his beautiful eyes and was grateful he had gotten rid of the mullet a couple of months ago.
“Because I’ve been in love with you since fifth grade, Jessie,” he said it like it didn’t matter. He thought that I didn’t feel the same way; he thought that nothing would ever change between us.
“You have?”
“Yeah, Jess, I have. You are the most amazing girl in the world and you’ve always been there for me. Like when I don’t have a date or when I needed a tutor for biology freshman year. You’ve been there since I started playing hockey and you’ve been my number one fan since the beginning. You even uprooted your life so you could be at every home game I have. Jessie, I don’t think there’s any other way to describe the perfect girl.”
“Really?” I asked with tears in my eyes. He just looked at me before realizing the look in my eyes reflected his own before taking the liberty of kissing me.
“Really,” he stated after breaking the kiss only to start another one. I kissed back this time and he rolled me underneath him on the bed. “You don’t know how long I’ve wanted to do that,” he said.
“I can only imagine it’s been as long as I’ve waited for you to do that,” I whispered. He kissed my neck and down my body, sliding his hands underneath my shirt, kissing the exposed skin. I tugged on his hair and let out sighs of pure passion when he hit a sweet spot. “Patrick, I want you.”
“Okay,” he whispered and moved his weathered hands up my body, starting at my hips, taking the shirt I wore with them. He slowed to linger on my breasts before continuing upward and kissing my lips. He broke it when I needed to sit up and take off the shirt the rest of the way. I tried to take off my jeans, but he stopped me to do it himself. He reveled in the fact that I was new yet so familiar. He kissed his way down my now exposed legs that had been freshly shaven, thank goodness for springtime.
When I was left clad in only my matching black bra and panties set, I flipped us so that I was on top and giggling. I started at his neck and started to kiss my way down his body, lingering at his rock hard pecs, and the waistband of his boxers. I stopped to look at his eyes that were full of passion. I continued by dragging a finger down from the waistline of his underwear to his man part. He twitched involuntarily before I continued to have his boxers completely off. I took a long look at what he had stored beneath the sheets normally and wasn’t surprised to find it erect and waiting for me. I took it in my hands and squeezed. He liked that and let out a gargled moan. I slid my hands up and down until he looked almost ready, than I inserted it into my mouth. He came in my mouth a second later and I just swallowed before looking back up at him, mouth free from his size.
“You are truly amazing,” he whispered before rolling us over once more so I was on bottom, not before unhooking my bra and throwing it aside. He played with my breasts with his lips, but I got impatient, so I slowly started to grind my hips to his. Since he didn’t have any clothes on, the only thing stopping us from being connected was my damp panties. He quickly cursed and discarded those too before plunging into my body. For a second, everything went still and all that could be heard was the mixed moans of both Patrick and I. I wasn’t quite sure who came first, but it didn’t take long because it had been so built up over the years that basically a first touch sent us both over the edge. He rolled off afterwards and I snuggled into his side. “You are the only girl I want cuddled up next to me, do you understand?” he asked as he gently cupped my chin. He was looking straight into my eyes and I nodded before leaning up to kiss his swollen lips.
“Me too,” I promised and fell asleep quickly despite it only being noon time.

The next day, I awoke at Patrick’s apartment to just a note on the pillow next to me. It said, ‘Dear Jessie, gone to morning skate. Done by lunch, join me for a picnic at Millennium Park? If you agree, send me a quick text and I’ll meet you at the fountain by noon. Love, Pat.’
I smiled to myself and sent him the text. I looked to his bedside clock and saw it was already ten thirty so I quickly gathered the clothes that I hadn’t put back on since they were discarded yesterday morning and slipped on some of Pat’s clothes. I than locked up the apartment and headed two blocks over to my own apartment. From the looks of the sky that I could catch between the skyscrapers, I thought it looked like it could rain; but nevertheless, I got ready for the picnic anyways.
By eleven forty five, I was dressed for a spring day with a chance of rain in my Capri’s, rain boots, and sweater that would keep me warm and dry if it came down to it with a tank underneath. I hailed a cab to get there on time and saw Patrick waiting right where he told me he would be. I paid the fare, got out, and walked right over to him. I kissed him, than the rain started. We didn’t care; we just set up a blanket on the somewhat wet ground and laid on our stomachs under the tree for maximum rain coverage. We dug into the sandwiches he had packed and the water before deciding it was raining just enough to be romantic, so he kissed me. Sure his mouth was full of ham and mayo, but it was still one of the best kisses of my entire life right in the middle of Millennium Park in Downtown Chicago. We hadn’t a care in the world at that particular moment. When we finished kissing and eating, difficult to do both at the same time, we headed back to his apartment. We showered together before he asked me to move in with him. He didn’t care if he was moving too fast because in both of our mind’s, we were meant to be together since the fifth grade, so we were well past ready.
“I’m in love with you, Jessie.” He admitted.
“I love you too, Patrick,” and I sealed it with a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, comments greatly appreciated!