Sequel: Put Me Back Together
Status: Currently Editing for Grammar mistakes.

You're Not Alone

12; Nasty Loner

Emma's POV

We got to Brian's house and immediately got out of the car. We made our way up to the door and Jimmy knocked. An older man opened up and I knew it was Brian's dad, because he looked just like him.

He looked at us, "Hey. Have you guys seen Brian? Damn Kid didn't come in last night."

Jimmy bit his lip. "We need to talk to you about that, Mr. Haner."

Mr. Haner sighed, probably knowing this wasn't a good thing. He let us in and we went into his Living Room. I've never been to Brian's house before, but it was pretty decent almost like Matt's house.

We all sat down and Jimmy started off. "Last night we were at the park drinking and everything was going fine. Everyone left except Brian and I. We were just sitting there enjoying the night and I started to get tired and I told him I was leaving. He just said okay, so I left him. He didn't drive there, so I figured he'd be safe to walk home. Well this morning, I got a call from the county jail and Brian is in Jail. Apparently when he finally started heading home, he came in counter with some guy and they started fighting. The cops broke them up, which lead Brian to Jail."

Mr. Haner took a deep breath and exhaled. "Why didn't he call me?"

Jimmy chuckled. "Mr. Haner, you know Brian. I always have to help him out of trouble."

He let out a laugh. "Very true. Well I guess we better go pick his ass up."

We went back into the car and I was shocked to how well Mr. Haner took it. Matt pulled out of the parking lot and we headed for the Jail house. When we got there we followed Mr. Haner in and waited for them to release Brian into his custody.

Brian walked out from the back in the clothes he was wearing last night. He looked at us and then at his Dad, "I can explain."

Mr. Haner put a hand on his shoulder. "Jimmy did already. Let's head home."

Brian sighed in relief as we followed them outside. I think he was happy not to get punished for getting arrested. As soon as we stepped foot outside Mr. Haner looked at Brian, "You're grounded."

"What? Dad! I have to practice with the band!" Brian exclaimed, suddenly angry with his father. I looked over at Matt and he seemed stressed to the fact that Brian wasn't going to be able to practice.

"I don't care. You should of thought about that when you were drinking last night. Bri, I warned you not to drink. I can't keep cleaning up your mess. I love you, kid. You need to be punished for what you did wrong, I'm sorry." His Dad seemed pretty sincere about it.

Brian on the other hand looked like was going to explode. I'm guessing he doesn't like his father's punishment too much. He exhaled sharply. "You can't ground me, Dad."

Mr. Haner gave him an 'oh-really' look. "I am your Father, Brian. You got arrested for Christ sake! You're lucky I don't take your driver's licence away. You're grounded for a month, and if you don't like it than I'm sending you to Arizona to live with your Mother."

That shut Brian right up, I'm guessing either he doesn't like his Mother or he just doesn't want to move to Arizona. His lips formed a tight line and he walked over to his Dad's car. He got in the passenger side and slammed the door to show he wasn't happy.

His Dad rolled his eyes before looking at us, "Alright guys, I'm sorry Brian isn't going to be around for a while. He just needs to learn from his mistake and I won't tell your parents about drinking in the park last night. Just try and stop drinking for my sake a'right?"

Jimmy spoke up. "We'll try, Mr. Haner."

He nodded, "That's all I ask. You guys have a good Christmas break."

2 weeks later

Today was our first day back at school from break. It was a good break other than the fact that none of us got to see Brian, but we would be able to see him now. I decided to wear sweatpants and my new Metallica shirt that Jimmy got me. I put my hair in a braid to the side and brushed my teeth. I grabbed my phone and book bag, then headed down the stairs.

I got a text from Matt saying he was in the driveway so, I walked out of the house locking the door behind me. I got into his car and he smiled showing off his perfectly set of dimples. "Morning Babe."

"Good Morning." I smiled while putting my seat belt on.

Matt pouted. "No kiss?"

That earned him an eye roll, but I leaned over and pecked his lips. "Better?"

He shook his head and put his hands on my face. He captured my lips in a more passionate kiss and before I knew it, we turned it into a make out session. I pulled away and giggled. "We're going to be late for School."

Matt sighed, "Fine." He put the car and reverse and pulled out of the parking lot. I put the radio on while he drove to school. We got there in about 5 minutes and he parked in his usual spot.

We got out of the car and I looked for Jimmy, but didn't see him. Brian pulled up beside us and he got out. Zack and Johnny got out of the backseat. Zack looked dead tired, and Johnny looked the same way too. Matt grinned at Brian. "Good to see ya, man."

Brian nodded. "Dude. I've been living in hell for the past weeks. He even took my guitar away, so I couldn't even practice my solo's. Stupid fuckin' as-"

I cut him off. "Bri, don't call your Dad that."

He gave an odd look. "Why not? It's true, he didn't need to go that far."

"At least you have a parent that cares." I said and he got quiet, probably remembering that I don't have parents that care about me. Matt wrapped his arm around my waist, "You have us."

I gave a soft smile and Brian gave me an apologetic smile. The bell rang and I looked at Matt, "Where's Jimmy?" He shrugged and I started to get worried. Jimmy never missed school, which was actually shocking, but true.

We all started walking towards the school and I looked at the other guys, "Have you guys heard from Jimmy today?" They all said no and I let out a frustrated sigh. Matt walked me to English and we stopped right in front of the door.

He caressed my cheek. "I'm sure he just skipped or something, don't worry about it."

I looked up at him. "How am I suppose to get through English now without my buddy?"

Matt chuckled. "I'm sure you'll manage. I'll see you at lunch." He leaned down and gave me a heart pounding, passionate kiss. He pulled away and I was sure I was seeing stars now. He winked at me before walking away. I managed to pull myself together and walk into class.

I sat down at my desk and looked at the empty desk next to me. It was weird not having Jimmy here. I just hope nothing serious happened to him. I pulled my Agenda out and wrote down what was on the board. I felt someone sitting next to me.

I looked over and saw a girl with platinum blonde hair, who had way too much make up on. The shirt she was wearing practically had her breasts popping out. She smiled at me. "Hey."

"Er, Hi?" I questioned her.

She grinned. "So how did you manage to snag Sanders?"

I shrugged. "I don't get what you mean?"

"What did you pay him, because I know Matt would never date a nasty loner like you." She wrinkled her nose in disgust.

I couldn't believe this girl. I glared at him, "Do have anything better to do?"

She smiled. "Please, don't go all tough girl on me. I'm just saying with Matt's reputation, I'm surprised he's even being seen in public with you." She got up from the desk and walked back over to her desk. She started talking to her friends and they started laughing.

I leaned back in my chair and sighed. When I needed Jimmy the most, he wasn't here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry late update on this. I'm probably going to change the update schedule on this.

Thanks the everyone who left comments and subscribed. I'll do shoutouts next chapter. <3