Sequel: Put Me Back Together
Status: Currently Editing for Grammar mistakes.

You're Not Alone

05; Are You Insane

Emma's POV

We were all waiting in the Hospital waiting room to hear news on Matt. I'm really scared, because if he's not alright, I don't know how I'm going to live with that guilt knowing he got hurt because of me. I knew being friends with them wasn't such a good idea, I'm ruining their lives.

The Doctor walked in and Mrs. Sanders stood up. He cleared his throat, "We stopped the bleeding and got him stitched up, he can go home in a little bit, but he needs to be out of School for the next week. Don't let him do much of anything." His Mom nodded while we all sighed in relief.

Jimmy got up and walked over to me, "Come on, Butter cup. I'll take you home." I nodded and followed him out to his car. We drove to my house in silence. I didn't really know what to say.

He pulled into the driveway, "I'm skipping School tomorrow, so do you want to hang with me?"

Even though I never really skipped School I thought tomorrow would be a great day to do it, "Sure." He smiled, "Alright I'll pick you up tomorrow at 1pm."

I nodded and said a quiet goodbye before heading into my house. Of course it was dark. I was shocked that my parents didn't hear about me on the news, but I guess I kind of expected it. I decided to take a hot shower to calm my nerves. When I got out I changed into some sweats and an old Metallica t shirt. I can't believe it was only going on 8pm. So much can happen in a day. I laid on my bed hoping I would fall asleep, but I wasn't getting too lucky.

I heard a knock at my front door and I tried to think who could possibly knocking at my door. I walked downstairs and opened the door carefully, "Matt?!"

He tried to smile but winced, "Hey Emma."

"What are you doing here?! How did you get here?" I asked worriedly.

Matt chuckled, "I wanted to see you and I drove."

I looked up at him like he was crazy, "Are you insane? You just got stabbed and you drove here?"

He smiled, "Yeah, now are you going to let me in?"

I sighed but opened the door so he could walk in. We walked into the Living Room and sat down on the couch. I looked over at him, "Why are you here?"

Matt looked into my eyes, "Because I know you're blaming yourself for this."

"How?" I asked. No one has ever known me so well.

He chuckled, "Remember the Detention? I've gotten to know you over the past couple of days." I nodded taking that all in. I looked up at him, "Okay, you need to leave now."

Matt frowned, "Why?"

"Because, you're hurt. You need to rest and if your Mom finds out you're here, she'll hate me forever." I explained and He laughed.

I glared at him, "I'm glad you think this is funny."

He scooted closer to me, "Emma. My Mom loves you, she could never hate you. Even if you did something to me, she'd probably find a way to blame it on me."

I just shrugged, "Okay forget that one, just go home and rest."

Matt shook his head, "No, I don't want you going through this alone. You were held at gunpoint, you could of died. I know that you're scared out of your mind."

The tears filled my eyes knowing everything he said was true. He reached over to pull me into a hug. I shrugged him away, "Please leave Matt."

He sighed, "Alright. Just know I'm here for you." He got up and walked out of the house. I took a deep breath to steady myself. Why did I turn him away? I just shook my head and went back up into my room to try and sleep this time.

I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to overtake me, but I ended up laying there for an hour, when I heard a knock at my window. I frowned and sat up. I walked over to my window and opened the blinds. I seen Zacky balancing on the roof.

I opened the window, "What in the hell are you doing here?"

He smirked, "Hello to you too." I rolled my eyes and let him into my room.

"What are you doing here, Zacky?" I asked while crossing my arms.

Zacky looked at me, "Matt doesn't want you staying here by yourself so looks like we're having a slumber party." He grinned.

I rolled my eyes and let out a smile at his emphasis on slumber party. Looks like this is going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to my subscribers & readers! Also thanks to DaRkAnGeL448 for leaving a comment. <3