What Big Teeth You Have My Dear

Heads or Tails

*****Max's p.o.v.*****


I wasn't worried about Linda at all out there with Oliver. She could take care of herself in any fight that may come up. I didn't hear anyone changing and there was no screaming outside. That was a good sign. Though it had been long enough that everyone had migrated into their rooms, and Ronnie and I were in the living room closest to the front door.

"You alright, Max?" Ronnie asked putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Oh, yeah. They've just been out their a while."

"Their fine, I'm sure. Oli would never hurt her." He said pulling me closer with his arm now on my shoulders.

"It's not him I'm worried about." I said snuggling into Ronnie's chest, inhaling his musky scent.

"What do you mean?"

"Linda's got a quick temper if you didn't notice already. She also isn't a big talker or thinker. She'll easily fight before anything else."

"Sounds like the Linda I met. Though I doubt that will happen with Oli."

"Now, it's your turn to explain." I said peering up at him.

"Well, even if she doesn't feel it or she rejects the pull she could never intentionally hurt him. It's virtually impossible."

"What pull?" I asked.

"The pull between mates. It's one of the first signs that you have found them. Then their is their perfect appearance and smell, well to mates anyways. There is also what feels like an electric shock when you first touch them."

"I don't feel a pull, and you don't smell any different to me than a normal werewolf. Though I did feel the shock, and you aren't the worst looking person I ever met." He chuckled.

"Well, thanks. You aren't the worst person I have ever seen either, and you probably don't feel the pull because you aren't around werewolves enough growing up. Your wolf instinctively ignores all feeling between any other wolves for your safety as a rogue. That's why most rogues don't find their mates because they can't feel the pull or they don't stay long enough." He explained wrapping his arms around me tighter.

"What does it feel like? The pull I mean."

"Well, it kinda feels like an overwhelming feeling to be around you all the time and to protect you. It's taken me all my power not to scream in the middle of school that you're mine and to not kick some people's asses for looking at you funny."

"Yeah well, you have no competition so don't worry."

"That's only a small accomplishment. I won't be fully okay with some things until I can claim you. The pull won't let me." He said.

I looked up at him. He was really sweet for a big bad wolf. I lifted my head, and he leaned in. Our lips touched lightly. It was like fireworks going off in my head. We were barely kissing, and I could already hear my pulse in my ears. I was the first one to put more force into the kiss. This was nice, but it could get better.

Our lips seemed to do a synchronized dance even though it was our first real kiss. I laced my fingers in his long brown hair, and he pulled me into his lap. His tongue grazed my bottom lip, but I ignored it. He would have to fight a little for it. He growled slightly and bit my bottom lip. I gasped, and his tongue plunged into my mouth. He was smirking no doubt. There was a small battle for dominance that I quickly lost before he explored every part of my mouth. His hands skimmed down my sides and under my shirt. His hands were warm and scratchy. It felt different against my skin.

I was the first to pull away for the lack of breath. Ronnie slightly whined. I leaned my forehead against his trying to catch my ragged breath. He seemed perfectly fine though.

"I've wanted to do that since the moment I saw you." Ronnie said.

"If you kissed me like that I wouldn't have objected." I panted.

"That's nice to know."

"Ewwww!" We heard someone scream from the front door. I looked over and saw Linda standing there in horror next to Oli who was just smirking. I felt my face heat up in pure humiliation. Ronnie was just peering over the couch not seeming to care about the audience.

"Use protection, boys." Oliver said that earned him a hit to the arm from Linda.

"That's my cousin you creep." She said. "And that is a mental image that I will never get out of my head, so thanks for my future nightmares."

I detached myself from Ronnie, who slightly frowned, and stood up.

"Um, uh, everything is well. I'm assuming." I said looking at the floor.

"Yeah, we all are alive. No need to worry. We should get going it's late."

Ronnie nodded and led us to his car. Oliver said something to Linda before she got into the car. Most of the ride was silent except for the hum of the engine. Ronnie had his hand on my knee the entire time. It was kinda nice I had to admit. He walked us up to our apartment. Linda went inside and I stayed out to say farewell to Ronnie, and I doubt she would like how.

"I had an interesting time tonight." I started.

"Interesting is better than nothing. Um, . . . can I ask you a question?" He asked.

"You just did."

"Yeah well besides that I was kinda wondering if you wanted to be like my boyfriend or something." He said scratching the back of his neck and staring down at the ground. I lifted his chin and kissed him on the check.

"I would love to be your boyfriend, Ronnie." I whispered. A giant grin spread across his face, making me smile.

"Um, okay, cool. So, I'll see you tomorrow then." He said. He kissed my forehead and walked down the hallway.

"Hey Ronnie!" I shouted after him. He turned around to see me. "You should make it a habit of kissing your boyfriend good night." I said. He chuckled and walked back to his car down the stairs.

I walked inside, and Linda was waiting for me on the couch. She had a thoughtful look on her face.

"We need to talk." She said the dreaded four words with ease. I nodded my head slowly and sat down next to her.

"What about?" I asked.

"The pack."

"Are we trying to run away again?" I asked sadly. I didn't want to leave just yet or at all and that's how this conversation always seemed to end.

"No. Oliver gave me an impressive offer today, and I wanted to discuss it with you before I gave him an answer."

"What did he offer?"

"He said we could move into the pack house." I looked over at her in shock at her words. She was starting off into space probably thinking about how this conversation would go.

"Do you want to?" I asked.

"I don't know. That's why I asked you. I can't seem to think straight long enough to decide."

"Well, we wouldn't have to pay rent, and I wouldn't have to go to that stupid meeting tomorrow."

"We wouldn't have to spend all of our money on groceries and other essentials."

"And you wouldn't have to hack." I said.

"But we would live with a bunch of werewolves who we barely know." She sighed.

"We would be outsiders."

"We would be practically forced into their pack at any time."

"You could get into fights easier." I said.

"You would get Ronnie."

"And Oliver would try to get you."

"So what do we do?" She asked.

"You always say you never know what the universe is going to do between the sun rise and the moon set. So, why don't we let fate decide?" I suggested.

"You can't escape your fate." She said.

"Alright so," I grabbed a coin on the side table. "Heads we move in, tails we stay here."

She nodded, and I threw the coin into the air. Time seemed to slow down. The coin flipped in the air one, two, three, four times before creating a *plang* on the table where it dropped. Linda and I both looked at the coin for a few seconds registering what our answer was.

"Heads." She said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun Dun Duuunnn. At least I didn't make it a cliff hanger.