What Big Teeth You Have My Dear

Friends or Enemies? Maybe Frenemies

*****Linda's p.o.v.******


Heads. The thought kept swimming in my mind as I was sitting in first period with Max. I was going to be moving in with a pack for the first time in seven years. I couldn't wrap my head around the concept.

The day went by so quick that I was in science before I realized I was even in the room.

"Hey." Ronnie greeted.

"Hi?" I said, but it sounded more like a question.

"What I can't say hi to a friend of a friend?"

"Sure you can, but one Max isn't your friend, and two I told you we weren't going to be friends."

"Yeah, you did, but it's different now."

"Not really. I just had dinner with your pack, and for like twenty minutes."

"No, not that. The way you were with Oli. The guy is my best friend, and you helped him. So, you are a friend of a friend."

"Whatever, but I'm not Oliver's friend." I muttered.

"Oh, and by the way, Oli told me to tell you to give him an answer before tonight or he assumes the answer is no. I don't know what it means, so if you don't I can't help you."

"Yeah, I know what he's talking about. Me and Max are going to give him an answer at lunch. Well, Max is. I'm going to hang out in the library." I said.

"Wait, you and Max? What does Max have to do with you and Oli?" He asked.

"Because what he asked me effects him and me."

"Will you tell me what it is?"

"You'll have to ask Max after science. I got work to finish." I said opening my book and starting to do the assigned reading while Ronnie seemed frustrated beside me. I told him we weren't going to be friends.

The class ended and I walked out before Ronnie, and walked up to Max. He was talking to Madison about some biology crap that I wasn't to focused on.

"Hey, Linda. You coming to the cafeteria?" Max asked.

"No, I'm going to go to the library."

"Oh come on, you have to be social eventually. Being antisocial is bad for your health." He whined.

"Yeah, well we're going to be living with them. I can be social then. I just don't want to hang out with them anymore than necessary. Just go along with your boyfriend and I'll see you in English. Don't forget to tell Oliver."

"You can't be serious. You are even going to make me tell him by myself?" He asked.

"You still owe me for last night. Don't think you're off the hook just because you don't have to go to the real estate meeting." I said walking off so he couldn't argue.

I walked down to the library instantly going to my safe haven in the fiction section. I scanned the books that I've read so many times. I stopped at one book that I haven't read yet. It had a black cover with dark gray writing the made it nearly impossible to read. It seemed like it hadn't been read in a while, and the check out sheet proved it.

"Oh, you don't want to read that one. It's quite bad." A guy said deeply off to my left.

He had choppy black hair, and a pierced lip. His eyes seemed like an icy blue color, and his complexion was pale. Paler than mine, and I barely left the house in my human form. He was taller than me. He seemed around six feet or so. He was wearing the normal punk/goth type of clothes with all of his black and his skinny jeans. He wasn't too unattractive if you like that kind of guy.

"Is that so?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's a cliche story about vampires and all that crap. You can predict it from the very beginning, but if you are into those kind of books go for it." He said walking closer to me and reaching up for a book near my head.

"No, those are no fun." I said scrunching my face and putting the book back.

"You should try this one. It's good, better than what your standards seem to be."

"Excuse me? I have very high standards when it comes to book. I just hadn't read that one yet, so I thought I should give it a chance. Oh, and please. With all these books you go with 'Whispers of the Forgotten'. It was mediocre at best. The plot was way to confusing and the writer can't write figurative language to save their life." I said a-matter-of-factly.

"Yeah well, it has a great ending and it keeps you on the edge of your seat. And maybe it was confusing because your mind can't process fast enough." He said smirking.

"Ha, please. I bet you you can't find a single book on this shelf that I couldn't tell you the exact plot of the story."

"Fine, you got yourself a bet. What about . . . this one." He said pulling a book off the shelf.

"Boy runs away, tries to live on his own, can't do it, goes back home. Try again."

He pulled another book off the shelf.

"Girl falls madly in love with her best friend, she gets rejected, she falls in love with another boy, best friend realizes his love, and they live happily ever after."

He pulled another one out.

"Vampire gets attracted to girl's blood, realizes she's a witch, attack different vampire, fall in love, live together for eternity. You should really try harder. You kinda suck at this."

"Well, I didn't know I was talking to the walking library, little Ms. I have read everything."

"Not everything, just the good stuff, Mr. Insults people upon first meeting."

"Hm, I should work on that I guess. ." He said.

He was a werewolf. I could smell it on him. I didn't know if he was in a pack or not though.

"So you're the new girl, huh?"

"Yep that's me."

"You've got a wicked right claw you know." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean this." He lifted his shirt to show off some impressive claw marks. There were four of them and they ran from the top of his tattooed chest to the bottom off his visible rib cage.

"Hm, that seems like my handy work. I would say I'm sorry, but I'm not. You probably deserved it." I said turning back to the books. Great just had to meet someone I could actually talk to and he was in that stupid pack.

"Yeah, probably. I've done some stupid shit." He said.

There was a silence.

"So, I tell you I'm a werewolf, and you automatically hate me. That seems kinda hypocritical. Unless you hate yourself that is."

"I didn't automatically hate you. I thought about it and came to a conclusion that I could keep better company then another curious, violent, horrible, and plain right intrusive werewolf."

"And what made you think that I'm anything like that?"

"All the wolves in your pack are like that, and people hang out with similar company."

"Yeah well, there are exceptions. How about we make a deal. I find a book that you've never read and that you will love and you hang out with me for one night. Just me and a couple of my friends. I think you would fit in."

"Fine, deal. Good luck though. My only hobby was stealing my old school's library books."

"I can handle it." He said walking around the narrow passage way. He would look at a book and then put it back down. He finally came to a conclusion with a red book. He seemed pretty confident as he handed it to me. 'Secrets, Secrets, Let Me Keep Them.'

"Huh, I haven't read this, but that doesn't mean I will like it." I said.

"Just read the back, and then tell me I won because I did." He said smirking.

I scanned the back of the book. I bit my lip. This book did sound good. I looked up at mystery boy and he was leaning against the book shelf smirking.

"I won, so when do you want to hang out?" He said smugly.

"Whoa mister, I never said you won."

"Oh come on, any person who reads anything can see the look on someone's face when they find a book they like."

"Well fine, you won. I'm sure hanging out with you won't kill me, if you are anything like your book preferences. Just tell me when and where."

"There is this cafe down town that me and a couple friends hang out at. They always have a theater thing on Fridays, so I'll give you the address and I'll see you then."

"Okay, tonight what time?"

"Eightish. Here the address." He handed me a scrap of paper with scribbled hand writing on it.

"Alright, I'll see you then if I don't decide to leave it." I said walking towards the exit when I heard the bell ring.

"Wait, girlie! I never learned your name." He shouted.

"Call me . . . Batman!" I shouted. He laughed and flicked me off. I just kept walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, the new character is Andy Biersack, if you all were wondering. More on him in two chapters.