What Big Teeth You Have My Dear

Forget Our Possibliites

*****Linda's p.o.v.*****


I was sitting in a chair in the pack house. Ronnie was sitting on the couch with a sound asleep Max snuggled into his chest.

"You don't have to sit here all day you know." Ronnie said.

"What else am I going to do?" I asked.

"I don't know. You're a teenager. Don't most teenagers have plans on Friday night?"

"I could ask you myself, Mr. Six months older than me. And I did have plans, but I think I'm going to cancel them."

"Well, 1. Max is my mate, so of course I'm going to stay with him, 2. I am seven moths older than you, so give me some credit, and 3. what were these plans?"

"I just met this guy at the library, and I lost a bet so I have to meet him at this cafe." I said.

"Who was the guy?"

"I don't know. Never exchanged names. I did tell him to call me Batman though. He's a werewolf if that helps."

"Well, that narrows it down to about 500 werewolves in the back."

"Just trying to be helpful."

"Well, you should go. I can watch Max just fine on my own. Besides doesn't he always tell you to make more friends anyways?"

"Yeah, but not when he's been beaten to a blood pulp."

"Just go on your stupid date. You're ruining my beauty sleep." Max mumbled half awake. Ronnie and I chuckled.

"And so he has spoken." Ronnie said.

"Whatever I still don't have a way to get their."

"You can ask Oli?" Ronnie suggested.

"As Oli what?" Oliver said appearing at the door.

"Holy shit how did you get their so quiet?" Ronnie asked.

"An alpha has his ways. So what are we asking me?"

"Linda needs a ride to her date tonight." Ronnie said. Oliver's eyes darkened, and his head snapped towards me looking quite pissed.

"It isn't a date, dumb ass. I lost a bet, so I have to go meet his friends for their theater night thing." I said. Oliver's eyes didn't change from their dark red color but his face seemed relieved.

"Who are you going to meet?" He asked.

"Yeah, who are you going to meet?" Ronnie mocked.

"Just some guy at I met at the library today."

"Whatever, where are you going? What time? And what time do I pick you up?" He asked.

"Here's the address, eight, and when it ends." I said handing him the scribbled on paper.

"Wait, you're going to the Darkened Streets Cafe?" He asked.

"I guess." I said.

"That means you're meeting Andy, and some of his friends." Ronnie said.

"Yeah, I guess so." I said.

"Whatever, I have to go train some pups. I'll be back in time to drive you. Oh and Ronnie, word has already spread about you and Max, and Greg is fucking terrified." Oliver said.

"Perfect." Ronnie muttered pulling Max closer to him. I don't think he realized he even did it.

I grabbed my book bag and went to sit at the table in the kitchen. I got all of my crappy homework out. I was starting history homework when I think her name was Sarah came in.

"Hey." She said opening the fridge.

"Hi." I muttered.

"Whatcha doing?"

"Building a piano. What about you?" I asked sarcastically.

"Hunting elephants. So, you're Linda right?"

"The one and only."

"Huh. I thought you would be . . . I don't know different."

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know. Oli has told me about you. Thought you would be different. More like Tulip I guess."

"1. We've met before I do believe, at that dinner the other night, and 2. what makes you think I would be like Tulip?"

"Well, I didn't really see anyone that night because I was in the kitchen, and Tulip is Oli's type. They're going out. I think."

Red clouded my thoughts. They were going out?! And he didn't tell me?! I was furious and jealous as hell for some reason. That son of a bitch. He tells me I'm his mate and he's got someone on the side. What was worse was that I felt used, and pathetic. I could literally fell my heart ripping in two, and I didn't like it.

"Hey, you okay?" Sarah asked.

"Do you know where Oliver is?"

"He's out in the back. Why?"

I jumped out of my chair. It fell to the floor and I didn't bother picking it up. I was all types of mad, and I was going to rip someone's face out in a second if I didn't get an answer. I stormed out of the kitchen and to the front door. I walked around the house to see Oliver talking to some guy who was teaching some pups.

"Oliver, we need to talk. Now." I said getting angrier at the sight of this back stabbing bastard.

"What's up?"

"In private." I spat. He could tell I was upset, and he walked me into the forest that was close by. The feeling of him this close just made me more furious.

"What can I help you with?" He asked.

I didn't answer him. What I did do was punch him as hard as I could in the jaw. He stumbled back a few feet and grabbed his face. His head snapped up at me confused at what just happened.

"Okay, OW. What the hell was that for?" He asked.

"That was for keeping me here against my will." I said. I hit him again in the gut making him slightly double over. "And THAT was for being a BASTARD!"

"I don't know what you're talking about, Linda." He said spitting out some blood and taking a dominant stance. He was trying to show me he was in charge of this situation. When he wasn't.

"The hell you don't! Did you expect me to not find out about you and Tulip? I should have known staying with this stupid pack was going to only end with disaster! You should have just let me leave! At least then I wouldn't have to fell this!" I said. I look of 'oh shit' crossed his face.

"Yeah you didn't think I would find out did you?! You think you could just tell me that I'm your mate, and I would fall in love with you and you could keep both of us! Well, I can tell you one thing rogue or not I'm leaving this hell hole as soon as I know Max is safe, and you will never see me ever again." I spat.

"Linda, you don't understand-"

"The hell I don't. Your own sister told me this. Unless now she is untrust worthy, you have no excuse for not telling me yourself so I wouldn't . . . so I wouldn't-"

"So you wouldn't what?" He asked.

"So I wouldn't get attached. So I wouldn't start to enjoy your company. I actually started to like you. I've never thought of anyone as anymore than another person to pass by, but with you it was like you actually cared. I guess I'm a fool for believing you would."

"But I do care about you, Linda! This thing with Tulip was meaningless. You don't know what it feels like to go around seeing everyone else happy with their mate, and realizing that you are completely alone. I just needed someone to help me forget about the pain a little."

"That is no excuse you bastard. I've been alone my entire life, but not once have I ever done something as low as you."

"It's not like we were going anywhere! What did you expect? That I was going to wait forever until you came around? Because the world doesn't wait. Why can't I at least of some sort of happiness for a while?! You weren't ever going to come around! You were too concerned with your own bull shit to even consider what I was going through!"

"Excuse me? Don't tell me that I never considered you! I thought about it for hours last night and the night before. Don't you tell me that you haven't had happiness! You don't know what it's like to be totally alone. To know that no one else will ever care for you. You have Tulip. You have a pack. You had a family, even though they were taken away. You have compassion all around you. I've never had that!"

"You could have that!"

"No I can't! These scars are too deep to hide anymore! I can't do it! I'm leaving as soon as Max wakes up. I'm going to go, and I'm never coming back."

"You can't do that. You'll get killed!" He said grabbing my arms to try and shake logic in my head. I pulled put of his grasp.

"Finally, you don't know how long I've wanted to die! I never should have been born."

"Don't say that! Don't you dare say that! If you weren't here what would have happened to Max, he never would have found Ronnie, he never would have been saved fro the school bullies, he never would've survived without you! You can't just leave him! He'll go insane."

"Wow, Oliver. I knew you were a son of a bitch, but I never though you would stoop so low as to use my cousin as your only defense. He'll be fine without me." I said turning around to leave. Oliver caught my arm.

"What about me then? What if I can't live without you?" His eyes were desperate. He was trying with all of his might to get me to stay, but it wasn't working.

"Just go back to Tulip. In time you'll forget me. It will be as if I never existed."

"I don't want Tulip. I want you. I don't want to have to forget you."

"It's too late. You can't save this twisted relationship Oliver. I will never be able to love you. I don't deserve you, but Tulip does."

"Yeah well, what about what I deserve? Don't you think I deserve even a little happiness?"

"I think you deserve all the happiness in the world."

"Then stay because I can only be happy with you." He whispered.

"No, you will only suffer with me." I said trying to get out of his grasp.

"Please, stay. I'm begging you please stay." He said with as much desperation that I've ever heard.

"Oliver-" I started.

He tugged me arm making me fall into his chest. He smashed his lips onto mine. He kissed me desperately, like this was the only kiss he would ever get. He grabbed onto my waist, and pulled me closer to him. I kissed back, and laced my fingers through his silky hair. We pulled apart, both panting for breath.

"Please stay." He whispered, and I almost wanted to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha, major cliff hanger! You thought I was making another love interest for Linda, well you were wrong! Didn't expect this did you? Anyhoo, title credit to LInkin Park, and yes Andy aka mystery boy will come back in future chapters.