What Big Teeth You Have My Dear

Instand Calm

*****Max's p.o.v.*****


I woke up not being able to move and quite warm. I was still too tired to process anything, so I just snuggled into the warmth more. The warmth then tightened it's hold around me. The warmth freaking moved. I opened my eyes, and I saw I was still on my tiny couch sleeping next to a very peaceful looking Ronnie.

I smiled slightly remembering last night, but the memory quickly faded when I realized we were sleeping on the couch and Linda could walk in any moment. I knew she was okay with the whole relationship thing, but she wasn't thrilled, so it might not be best if she saw this.

I didn't want to seem like a little asshole and just wake Ronnie up, so I did the sneaky way. I squirmed in his grasp for a few seconds until I heard him groan. His hold just tightened, and I sighed.

"I know you're awake." I said.

"No, you don't. This never happened. Go back to sleep." He said, his voice still thick with tiredness.

"Come on, get up. You don't want Linda to find us like this do you?" I asked. His eyes shot open, and he got up quickly muttering a curse under his breath. I slightly chuckled and sat up, too. I decided rather rapidly that that wasn't a good idea because bruises were still littered all over my body.

"Max about Linda . . ." He trailed off.

"What about her?" I asked skeptically. There wasn't anything wrong with Linda, well there was, just not too bad.

"You should read this." He mumbled handing me a note that was seating on the table.

I read it once, then twice, and then a third time. These words were a lie. They weren't true. They couldn't be! I read again to convince myself that it wasn't true.

Dear Max,
I know you must be freaking out right now, but just know it is for the best. I never wanted to leave this way, but I couldn't stay any longer. I'm not coming back, and I knew you wouldn't want to leave. So, this is for the best. I hope you have a wonderful life, and have a wonderful family in the future. Ronnie will take care of you. If not, I'll know, and he'll pay. Please move on with your life and forget me forever.
Love Always,
Linda
p.s. If you need me, you know how to reach me, but you know the rules.


The breath caught in my throat, and my heart seemed to pound a thousands times over. This wasn't happening. This couldn't be happening.

I stood up abruptly and started to pace the room. Ronnie looked at me with concern, but I ignored him. This was just too messed up to try to explain to him.

"She can't be gone. She'll come back." I muttered over and over again.

I wasn't just losing my cousin. I was losing my best friend, the girl who beat up a whole rugby team because they called me a name, the girl that taught me to train hop, the girl who defended me from her own father, the girl who protected me when we had to sleep on the streets, the girl that I ran with, the girl that I cried with, the girl that I lived with. No, she was not just my cousin. She was the only thing that I had never lost faith in. She was always there no matter what. She laughed when I told her I was gay, cursed up a storm when I came home late with a black eye, squealed every time I sold a song to a big name. She was always there, and now she wasn't going to be there.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't crying. I'm pretty sure at that moment in time I was bawling my eyes out. I'm pretty sure I was a mess. My face was red, my eyes were puffy and bloodshot, and I was shaking terribly. The second the first tear escaped my eyes, Ronnie jumped out of his seat to clam me down, but you don't just clam down at something like this.

He did as best as he could to get me to clam down, but there was really nothing he could do but hold on to me and tell me that it would be alright.

"It won't be alright! She's gone, and she isn't coming back!" I screamed into his chest sobs still escaping me.

"She'll come back. She said it herself that she couldn't live without you." He tried.

"What?" I asked trying to stop my sobs.

"Last night, she said she couldn't live without you."

"You talked to her last night?" I asked starting to get extremely pissed.

"Yeah, for a bit." He replied. I tore myself from him. I couldn't look at him right now. I might try to hurt him, and I didn't want to do that.

"Max? What's wrong?" He asked.

"What's wrong?" I asked quietly. "What's wrong?!" I screamed again. I couldn't believe he just asked me that.

"The only person who has ever been in my life through thick and thin just walked out, and you fucking talked to her! That's what's wrong! Why did you stop her?! Why didn't you tell her not to leave?! Hell, you could've even woken me up! I was sleeping right fucking there, when she left and you just fucking let her!" I screamed at him.

"I didn't just let her leave! I tried to stop her, for you! She wouldn't listen!" He defended.

"Get out." I growled shaking. I was far too pissed to be arguing with someone right now.

"What?"

"Get out." I said louder, my shaking only getting worse.

"No, I can't just leave you like this." He objected.

"Get the fuck out, Ronnie! Get out before I make you because I will." I growled.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Fuck yeah, I will." I snarled. I could tell it was taking all his power not to show who was dominant in this situation because I sure knew it wasn't me. He was keeping his cool, but not for long. His beta instinct for submission would kick in any second. Mate or not, it definitely would kick in.

"You couldn't do it even if you wanted to. Your wolf would stop you."

"Yeah, and I thought Linda could never leave her mate. Guess we were both wrong. Now leave because if I keep arguing with you, I'm going to change, and I wouldn't want a face as handsome as yours to get fucked up."

"I'm not leaving. You need to clam down." He said in his beta voice. I only heard it a few times, but it was totally different from his normal playful one. I stifled a humorless laugh.

"Oh, don't use that tone with me. It won't work. I don't know if you remember, but I'm a rogue. You being a beta has no fucking effect on me what so ever."

"What about me being your mate? Will that have an effect?" He asked stepping closer to me. I honestly didn't know very much about mates, so he could have an effect on me.

He stepped closer to me, and I shot him a warning look which he ignored. He lifted his hand and gently touched my neck. It showed that I trusted him. The neck was very vulnerable, and when you show all your vulnerable points or let another touch one, such as the neck, it showed deep trust. This seemed to calm him and me down. I don't know why, but the instant he touched me I felt calmer.

He was right, he did have an effect on me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, it's kinda late and kinda short. Linda starts to cause problems even when she isn't there, doesn't she? She's just a very fight causer type of person. If that makes any sense at all.