What Big Teeth You Have My Dear

Don't Shoot The Messenger

***** Linda's p.o.v.*****


I moved into a blah town, a blah apartment, a blah school, and a blah town. It was perfect. No one cared about me here. It was nice . . . for the time being.

I missed Max. I missed being able to run around like a maniac in my wolf form. I missed a lot of things, but it was better this way. It was always supposed to end up like this, even since the first time I saw Max smile at Ronnie.

I never really believed that mates didn't exist. I knew they did. There was no doubt in my head about that fact, and in all honesty I knew Oli was my mate, but knowing and admitting are two separate things entirely.

I walked into the corridors of my new blah school. The halls were all white. The lockers were blue. People still chatted away like nothing ever happened. It happened to me though, I knew.

I walked into the office where the typical assistant was standing there.

"Can I help you?" She asked sounding bored of her job all ready.

"Yeah, I'm Linda Doyle. I'm new." I said monotone. I didn't have emotion left in me.

"Right, here's your schedule, and here's a map of the school. Good luck for starting the school year this late, and god bless you." She said happier which dampened my mood.

"There is no god." I spat, but she didn't seem to hear it because I was walking away when I said it.

I walked down the halls trying to find room F103 for English class with Mrs.Burke, when I saw some kids fighting out the window. One of them looked oddly familiar. Hell, I was already late for class, a few more minutes won't kill me.

I walked out the blah doors to the blah corridor where a skinny emo looking kid was fighting about three big jocks with a tiny crowd around them. Skinny emo kid caught my eye, and I knew he was instantly. I grabbed the book in my hands tightly that I stole from the library of the last school.

I pushed my way through the crowd throwing my back pack somewhere. I entered the little fighting circle and instantly got fallen on by library kid. He must have gotten pushed by one of the massive guys. He didn't seem to notice, but when he tried to get back in the fight, I grabbed his arm so he would take notice.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked him through gritted teeth. His face registered with shock for a second.

"Batman?" He asked after a second.

"Who the fuck else is it? Now are you going to tell me why you are fighting? "

"Fuckers hit my friend, my very good friend." He said glaring at the guys who were laughing at us.

"Well, I'd love to help teach them not to mess with werewolves." I said. He smirked. I knew I was an excellent fighter in any form of mine.

"Anyone's welcome." He said. It was my turn to smirk. I cracked my knuckles, and sized up the competition. All muscle, no brains. It was be easy to confuse them and then hit them off balance.

"Oh, does little old Andy need a little girlie to help him?" One of them , I'm assuming the leader, mocked. Andy glared more, but I interjected before he could say anything on my behalf.

"No, you're going to need some help when this little girlie beats your ass so far into the ground you're going to wish you didn't call me girlie." I said before hitting one of them with a wicked right hook.

The guy instantly recoiled, and the others caught him. That's all I needed to get them. I punched the guy I just hit in the face in the gut making him fall to the ground. One of his friends seemed to be angered by this. He snarled at me and tried to rush me, but I was smarter than him. I dropped to the ground and knocked his feet from under him making him hit his head on the ground.

The guy I hit in the face recovered and tried to rush me, too. He was smarter though. He didn't fall for my trick that his friend that his friend did. He managed to graze my jaw with his fist, but I reacted quickly and grabbed his wrist. I twisted it behind his back and managed to twist his wrist making him yelp in pain. I let him go but swiftly kicked him in the gut, so he keeled over. With both guys on the ground, I looked over and saw that library kid had finished off his guy but was holding his nose. It was bleeding. He got punched in the face. That much was obvious.

"You okay?" I asked brushing my clothes off and walking towards him.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Nothing I can't handle." He said nasally because of his clenched nose.

"You should get someone to check that out." I stated. He nodded, and we started to walk to where I assume was the clinic back inside.

"So, do I get to know your actual name this time?" He asked.

"If I get to know yours first." I stated.

"Andy Biersack."

"Linda Doyle."

"Well, Linda thanks for the help back there. I probably could have taken them without your help, but I wouldn't have gotten away with only a bloody nose."

"You're probably right."

"Wow, little cocky there aren't we?"

"I try." I said sarcastically while we reached the clinic.

"Andy! Is that you? What are you doing back here?" The fairly young nurse demanded.

"Hey Sue. Oh nothing, just beat up some jocks with my new friend." He said trying to change the subject.

"Nice to meet you." Sue said before facing Andy again. "What the hell did you do this time?! And don't you dare tell me it was some bullshit like last time." She obviously was someone that he saw a lot, or they wouldn't be talking like this.

"They guy hit Ashley." He growled. Sue seemed to understand and dropped it. I don't know who this Ashley chick is, but she must be important or they wouldn't have gone through all this trouble.

We sat in the clinic for a minute in awkward silence while Sue was fixing up Andy's nose. She was young looking, probably around 20, 25 maybe. She had brown hair that wrapped up in a tight bun. Her skin was fair with some freckles, and she looked like any other nurse you would see.

"Are you going to tell Ashley?" Sue asked once she was done. Andy's nose didn't have all the blood on it now, and he had a smiley face bandage over it.

"No." He said simply.

"Andy, you have to."

"I think it will be pretty obvious once everyone sees the nose that I got into a fight. Ashley just doesn't like it that I get into fights all the time."

"I don't care you have to. Actually, I tell Ashley for you."

"What?! No! You can't!"

"The hell I can!" She said walking over to the announcer thing, I think.

"Ashley Purdy to the clinic. Ashley Purdy to the clinic." She repeated. Andy just glared at her the entire time she was doing it. Again we sat in an awkward silence, for me at least, for a minute before a guy, not a girl, a guy cam e walking in.

He was tan. He had long dark hair, some makeup on, and he was clearly shorter than Andy. He also had a very noticeable bruise on his check. It didn't look very old by the color of it. Yes, I could tell how old bruises were depending on the color. It just takes practice which I have.

"What do you want?" He asked looking over to Sue not noticing Andy yet because I was blocking the view.

"Take a look at his face." She demanded pointing to Andy. Andy lowered his head, biting his lip, obviously feeling a little guilty.

"Andy, what are you doing here?" The Ashley fellow asked.

"Oh, nothing. No reason."

"What's wrong with your nose?" He asked lifting Andy's face up, who was still biting his lip and looking all around the room.

"Oh, nothing, just kinda sorta got into a fight." He said quickly and quietly.

"I didn't catch the last part." Ashley said. Andy sighed.

"I got into a fight." He admitted.

"What?! You got into another fight?! That's the fourth one this month!"

"That's better than last month." Andy pointed out.

"It's the tenth, Andy. It's worse than last year."

"Well, what do you want me to say? Sorry? Because that isn't happening. George and his followers got what's coming to them." He growled the last part.

"George? You fought George?"

"Yeah."

"You asshole! I told you not to after him, and what do you do? You go after him." Ashley said throwing his arms in the air.

"The fucker deserved it! He had no right to hit you!" He snarled.

"I told you that I don't need you to defend me." Ashley stated.

"And, I told you that I was going to defend my mate no matter what." Oh well, a light bulb went off in my head. Ashley and Andy were mates. That's why Andy got into a fight when his mate got hit. He was being the over bearing, defensive mate. Well, we all know who the bitch is in this relationship. Now that I think of it, these guys do smell like werewolves.

"I'm not the bitch, but yeah we are werewolves." Ashley said. Wait, what? I didn't say that out loud. Did I?

"No." He said.

"How did you do that?" I asked confused. Andy was laughing at my poor ass.

"Ashley here, has the ability to read minds. One of his werewolf perks. So, be careful what you think around him." Andy laughed.

"That would've been nice to know before I though all those things." I muttered. They both laughed at that.

"I'm Ashley Purdy, as you probably just figured out." He said holding his hand out.

"Linda Doyle." I said shaking his hand quickly.

"Oh, you're the new rogue. The one that clawed Andy pretty good the other day."

"Yeah, that would be me. Though I already told Andy that I wasn't going to apologize for that." I said. Ashley looked at Andy and then did that face when someone goes "Ohhh." Andy probably said something in his thoughts.

"So, what brings you so far down south?" Ashley asked.

"I'm going on a vacation for awhile. My cousin just found out that your guys' beta is his mate, so they don't really want me hanging around too much." I lied effortlessly. I was careful with my thoughts, too. If I was going to be around Ashley any longer, I would need too. Not that I was planning on staying now that I knew they're were more werewolves in Oli's pack here.

Ashley's face flickered for a second like he could see through my lie, but he didn't say anything about it, so I thought I was in the clear.

"So, Sue do we need to stay any longer or can you just write us all passes to go home?" Andy asked.

"Yeah, yeah, sure. Just promise you'll actually do the makeup work this time. I don't need my god kid failing school. Your mother would kill me."

"Ah, my mom wouldn't care that much. She sent me down here to live in the south pack didn't she?" Andy countered.

"You know the reasons she did that."

"I know." Andy said sadly and Ashley grabbed his hand in some sort of comfort, I think.

"Here's your passes." Sue said handing them to us.

We walked out of the clinic, Ashley and Andy hand and hand. We walked all the way to the curb before anyone said anything. Andy had to step away for a second to make a call or something.

"So, you're skipping town?" Ashley asked once he knew that Andy couldn't hear us.

"That's the plan." I answered honestly.

"Because why?"

"I've got places to be, people to see."

"You know what I think is funny? People still try to lie to me. It's very funny when Andy does it. You think people would understand that if I can read your mind, I know your lying."

"Well, I do have places to be."

"Yeah, anywhere far away from a werewolf pack, right? Let me ask you this, when was the last time you changed into your wolf?"

"A week or two, why?"

"Because usually when I hear werewolves' thoughts there is always another voice, The voice of their wolf. Yours seems to be completely absent, like you guys disconnected or something. I don't know what you did, but a werewolf can't live very long without their wolf. It's not possible."

"Yeah, well what my wolf wants me to do is impossible, so she can just stay gone if she wants. She'll die, too." I said bitterly.

"What's so impossible? From what I hear swimming around in your head, you can't love your mate. That doesn't seem to hard, even with your life."

"You wouldn't understand." I said.

"I'm probably the only one who could. You know what it sounds like to me? That you're scared to ever love anything. I don't know about you, but you don't seem like a coward to me, and this seems pretty cowardly."

"You just met me. You can't just poke in my head, and think you can understand every single thought I ever head."

"Oh, but I do. That's my curse, as I like to call it. I understand everything that you've been through, but honestly, are you so scared that you won't do anything to even help yourself anymore. I thought someone as brave as you seem to be would at least try, but hey I just met you. What do I know?" He said before Andy came back.

"What did you guys talk about?" Andy asked.

"Oh, nothing. Just some small talk. Who was on the phone?"

"Someone important." Andy stated. Both of their eyes landed on me for a split second before acting like nothing happened.

"Um, do you need a ride anywhere, Linda?" Andy asked.

"Um, could you take me to the train station? This part of my vacation is over, and I need to be getting back soon." Andy nodded while Ashley looked at me like I was going to die, but I didn't care really.

They took me to the train station a couple miles away, and I just got out of the car. This place was nice, but I really was scooping out the security. It shouldn't be too bad to get onto a train.

"Hey, so I'll see you back up north next time I go up there." Andy said.

"Um, yeah sure." I said.

"It was nice meeting you, Linda." Ashley said from across Andy in the passenger seat.

"You, too. Oh, and hey tell Oli, who you obviously just called, that if he wants me back, he's going to have to try a little harder than that."

"That's pretty cool how you figured it out. Maybe you have a gift like Ash over here. Oh, and he already knows, and he told me to tell you not to unpack your bags because you'll be returning to the pack house soon." Andy smirked.

"And you can tell him, not to count on that."
♠ ♠ ♠
I reqally did have english in room F103 with Mrs. Burke, so just some history for you there. So, here it is, long awaited I'm sure.