What Big Teeth You Have My Dear

Zemara

*****Max's p.o.v.*****


"When will she wake up?" Oli asked setting an unconcious Linda on the couch in the living room of the pack house.

"I don't know." I replied.

"You don't know. You are supposed to know everything about her." Oli scowled.

"And you were supposed to know about the medalion, but you didn't did you? This is the first time this has happened, so I'll say it again. I don't know." I said bitterly.

"My pack knows little about the medalion. We thought it was just a myth. It was lost hundreds of years ago."

"It was, but it was found twenty years ago by the Vanished Valley pack's alpha while he was on an expedition. He would have just thrown it away, but someone told him about the power it posesses. So, he kept hoping one day to be able to harness it. That was until Linda stole it right before we skipped town."

"What is this medalion you guys keep talking about?" Ronnie asked from my left.

"The Medalion of the Lost Land was an ancient medalion aging back to the medieval times. It was said to be used on a demon named Zemara. Zemara was known for destryoing entire kingdom's to complete the task the devil sent her on. She would suck the souls out of sinners and give them to him. She was never deafeated." I explained.

"Then how did Linda turn into who I assuming was her?" He asked.

"Well, she was never deafeted, but going on one of her quests a wizard with black magic that could over see her's trapped her in the medalion. There was a phrophecy that said one day she would return to continue her quests of deafeting all sinners. It was said that a girl would place the medalion around her neck and be able to use all the power Zemara had at her strongest time. The girl was supposed to come from the deepest pit of black despair, and she was said to never know true love. She could only use the power when she understood what love was."

"So, Linda figured out during the fight what love was?" Oli asked.

"Not necesarilly. She could have figured out when she was sucking faces with you in the woods, but she didn't realize that it was love until now. I'm almost positive when she looked up at the pack was when she realized love was never giving up on the ones you care for no matter how far they are gone." I said momentarily glancing up at Ronnie who was smiling slightly.

"So, what do we do now?" Oli asked.

"We wait. Though it could be hours before she wakes up. The power drained her."

"You guys go. I'll stay with her. I'm surprised freshly marked couples like yourselves could keep your hands off each other." Oli said smirking slightly.

Although, I would have loved to hit him and call him a liar, my blushing would have given it away. Ronnie and I left and went into the kitchen. I'm sure Oli wasn't saying we could leave for our benefit. It wasn't everyday you got to see Linda in a state of complete rest even if it was unattentional.

There were two guys sitting in their. Both had long black hair and fairly pale skin. on was tall and lanky looking while the other looked shorter and better built. They definitley just were in the fight, and you could tell they weren't just friends.

"Ronnie! Dude, I haven't seen you in like a long fucking time." The tall one said.

"Andy, how's it been going, man?" Ronnie said giving him a quick hug.

"You know the usual. The southern pack house is pretty chill this time of year." I'm assuming Andy replied.

"Sounds about right. The house up here is the one with all the drama."

"Tell me about it. I met Oli's mate recently. She's just peachy." He said sarcastically.

"Watch it." I snapped before I could help it. It was natural to defend her on a whim, even if the guy was joking around.

"Andy this is Max, Linda's cousin." Ronnie said putting his hand on my shoulder just in case a fight was going to break out. I'm pretty sure I could take this guy even thugh he was taller.

"Oh, sorry. She actually is cool, just a lot to deal with at once. This is Ashley by the way." He said pointing to his shorter half. He nodded to me. There was something strange about him. I couldn't place it, but something was definitley different.

"She can be a hand full." I admitted.

"Got a wicked right hook." Andy said laughing.

"I guess." I said sitting at the table. Ronnie pulling a seat next to me.

"So, when did Linda come back? When we saw her, she was going on a train to no where." Ashley asked.

"She didn't come back per say. We kinda went to go get her, and Max said the magic words and she came back with us." Ronnie replied.

"Wow, that must've taken lots of convincing. She seems kinda stubborn." Andy said.

"She is." I said eyeing Ashley funny. Something was off about him. I could tell. I didn't feel like my thoughts were safe around him, so I used my mental defenses that I perfected a while ago. He eyed me equally as strange.

"Do you have any anit-bacteria stuff? Andy got a wicked cut from the fight, and refuses to let anyone near it." Ashley said.

"Becuase cleaning won't help, and it will only sting more." Andy whined.

"Oh, suck it up. Will you help him, Ronnie? He won't do it himself, and he'll pull the puppy dog eyes on me."

"Yeah. Come on, wuss. Right this way." Ronnie said standing up with a defeated looking Andy behind him.

Ashley and I sat in silence just staring at each other. We both seemed to know something that the other didn't. He knew what ever made him strange, and I knew he was strange.

I always had a knack for when things just weren't right, or if a person urked me. You get it from living on the streets as long as I did, I guess. Linda seemed to have a knack for knowing when fights were going to break out. So, I assumed this wasn't anythign different.

"What are you?" I asked him after a short while.

"A werewolf just like you." He replied. Neither of us gave up the staring contest we seemed to have started. We sat in another moment of silence.

"What's wrong with you then?" I asked.

"Nothing is wrong with me. I'm perfectly normal. Are you?" He made sure that he said he was normal twice, so I would get the picture straight.

"I'm far from normal." I muttered leaning back into the chair.

"I can tell." He said mainly to himself.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked skeptically. Okay, there was definitley something messed up with him.

"Your mental walls are much stronger than anyone I have ever met. Linda's were weaker though i don't think she knew how to use them very much."

"What are you talking about?"

"I am able to read minds. One of the perks my family has along with being a werewolf, but I can't red yours because you won't let me."

"Because there is something off about you."

"Oh, I get it. You're one of those werewolves." He said like he just figured out something that he never would've gotten before.

"What are you talking about?"

"Some werewolves like yourself can tell when a person is even the sightest bit different, and you know how to defend yourself instantly. I've met a few in my days. None that could react as fast as you though. That's how you knew to put up mental walls."

"That doesn't make any sense. You eurked me. That's it. It isn't the first time someone has given me a weird vibe."

"Keep telling yourself that, just remeber all the times where you knew something bad was going to happen, and you instantly knew how to defend yourself. You got something special about you kida like me, but mine is a little more annoying."

"Do you hear everyone's thuoghts?" I asked.

"Twenty four/seven. It gets so annoying when you are tryting to clear your thoughts, but everyone else doesn't seem to get the memo."

"That sucks. I can think of plenty of times where I wouldn't want to hear anyone else's thought, but it seems like it can come in handy."

"It does sometimes. I don't get beat up, if I know they are planning to before I'm actually trapped. Though, if I'm kissing Andy or something, I can hear everyone around me's thoughts, and it is actaully really creepy." He sighed.

"So, you and Andy are like a couple?" I knew they had to be more then friends. Friends don't sit that close with a look in their eyes like that.

"Yep, two years last month. He kinda came up to me when he moved into the southern pack house, and said 'Hey, you're my mate, and you are really cute. I think we should go out sometimes.' And that was the end of that. How lond have you and Ronnie been seeing each other?"

"Are we that obvious?" I asked blushing.

"Pretty much. I'm assuming it hasn't been that long, but it has been long enough to get that shiny new mark on your neck." My hand flew to my neck where I knew his intircate design layed.

"Yeah, this was made yesterday."

"Oh, so you had a fun night. Obviously not that fun if you can stand properly."

"What? No, no! Nothing like that! We made out, sure, but nothing like that!" I said quickly.

"All in good time." He said winking before the boys came back in the room.

We sat in chatted for a while before they had to leave if they wanted to make it back home before dawn. It was quite nice. We laughed and jokes. Things that friends would do. I haven't had very many real friends. I mean, sure I had short lived friends that were there to make sure I didn't go insane. Linda is only so talkitive.

It was nice knowing that you are loved. It's even nicer knowing that you can love them back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Spell check still not working. I apologize, and that was propably spelled wrong, and so was that.

Team Tyler