What Big Teeth You Have My Dear

Seeing Past The Lies

*****Linda's p.o.v.*****


"Where did he go?" I screamed. I shot up from where ever I was, and my head was swimming.

I was in the living room of the pack house on the couch, in fact. I don't remember getting here. I don't remember the fight being over now that I think about it. Last thing I remember is turning around and seeing that blasted man gone.

"Linda, clam down. The fight is over. You have been unconscious for about two hours." Oliver said. He was sitting on the coffee table in front of me.

"What happened? How did I get here who won the fight? Where did he escape to?" I questioned quickly. I tried to stand up, but Oliver wouldn't let me.

"Hold up with the questions. I will answer them in a moment, but you need to slow down. You just woke up. You need to stay rested."

"What happened?" I asked again. He wasn't giving me any of the answers I desired to have.

"You put the medallion on and turned into whatever her name is. When you turned back around to where your father was, he was gone. You turned back to your human form then, and were out. We took you back here. We won, so you shouldn't worry about anything right now." He tried to explain.

"Where did he go? Does anybody know?" I asked. He was, and is going to be, my main concern until one of us died. It will be him as well. It will not be me.

"No, no one knows. We have a few war prisoners, but they aren't telling us anything. Where ever he might have gone, he couldn't have gotten far. My wolves run around most of this and neighboring states, and he is unfamiliar with the territory."

"That won't stop him. He must have someone on the inside or something because he never could have gotten past your security or known how to get all the way in the center of your territory without alarming anyone." I thought out loud. There is no way, not with the knowledge I knew about this pack, that he could've gotten in here without some extra help.

"Don't be questioning my people." Oliver said in his alpha tone. I hated that tone.

"I don't mean it like that." I muttered.

"Whatever you meant, my people are loyal one hundred percent, and if they aren't loyal to me, they are loyal to someone else in the pack that they would never betray."

"I'm not questioning your pack's loyalty, Oliver. No need to get all upset." I mainly muttered the last part to myself. I knew he heard it from the look on his face, but he wasn't going to question it.

"Tell me about the prophecy." Oliver demanded after a moment.

"What?"

"Tell me about the prophecy." He repeated at a slower pace.

"I heard you the first time, asshole, but why are you so concerned about it?"

"If that type of power is going to be on my land, don't you think I have the right to know everything about it?"

"There is no need to worry about it. I'm the only one who would ever be able to control it let alone use it. There is only said to be one person capable, and apparently that is me."

"Why you?" He asked.

"How am I supposed to know? The prophecy was pretty vague. I didn't know it could be me. I just really used it to scare him. The only reason I stole it was because I knew they would miss it, and that it would hit pretty close to home."

"You aren't answering any of my questions. I told you to tell me about the prophecy. I need to know what it says." He said sternly. It was boarder line alpha tone, but he wasn't concerned about his pack right now. So, it wasn't the tone that made my skin crawl.

"Do you want me to turn it into a song or something?" I asked sarcastically.

"Just tell me what you know." He said. He was losing his patience. I sighed. I guess he was going to figure it out sooner or later anyways.

"Hair of black,
Heart of fire,
These are the things
the demon desires.

The black stoned scar,
Below the wrist,
Will show all comers,
The demon's poisonous kiss.

Hope lost,
Only sorrow,
She shall know love,
In the tomorrow.

Let it be said,
With her soul aflame,
The demon shall return,
to show all sinners shame.

A journey she shall take,
Must make her knees weak,
Her heart must ache,
but love she shall seek.

Love will return,
With a mighty fight,
To tell all evil dowers
Of Zemara's tainted might.
"

"That's it?" Oliver asked when I finished reciting the memorized words in my head.

"I know. Vague, right? Don't know why it meant me, but it did. So, here we are." I sighed. Plenty of other people could have been better for a job of being able to control a demon's power whenever they wanted.

"That pin points you exactly, actually." He admitted.

"No it doesn't. I mean, yes, I have black hair, and yes, I have a black mark below my wrist. But, plenty of people could have that, too."

"No, it is exactly like you because the day you escaped you had no hope left. You then took a great journey that made you tired and scared and lonely, so you came here. You might not have thought you were looking for love at the time, but subconsciously you must have."

"What do you mean 'subconsciously I must have'?" I questioned.

"I have one of the biggest packs in the United States. No doubt is it the strongest. Everyone knows my territory stretches from here to the bottom of the southern and western state to us. That isn't something you would easily forget about. If you remembered you never would have come, but you did come, and you knew we were here."

"I didn't know you guys were here. I mean, sure, I knew of your existence, but I didn't know where, and I most certainly my type of love. Now, let's get back to business." I said in my own version of an alpha voice. I only used it when I was upset with a way a conversation was going. I don't talk to other people that much, so I never really had to use it that often.

"What business did you want to discuss?" He asked confused.

"We need to figure out a way to end this war of yours, so I can go along my merry way." I stated like it was obvious.

"You're still leaving?" He asked shocked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?"

"We kissed. It meant something. I broke it off with Tulip. I thought . . . I thought-"

"You thought wrong. One lousy kiss won't change my mind, and you broke up with your girlfriend. Good for you. Plenty of people do that on a daily basis. She was a bitch anyways it wasn't going to last." I spat.

"You're telling me everything I said to you meant absolutely nothing?" I asked shocked. He wasn't looking at me anymore, and his voice was just above a whisper. It broke my heart really, to see that I was the one who was causing him this type of pain.

"That's what I am telling you. It meant nothing to me, and it never will be anything more." I lied. I ended up whispering, too. It was easier to lie that way. There was less of a chance your voice would crack or the tone would give it away.

"You know how I said that I was going to try to help you? I was going to help you try to fix whatever was wrong?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"I can't help you if you still believe the lies you try tell yourself." He said. He looked me dead in the eye then.

He was confident that what he was saying was the complete truth. He was confident that I was lying to make it seemed like I didn't have any type of feeling for him. He was confident that I was trying to look for love. He was confident that he was saying the honest truth, and I was confident that my lies were something not even I could see past.

Well, I was confident in that until now.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not that good. Sorry.
Team Tyler